No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't even begin to describe how angry I am right now. I just received an email from Amazon that the release for the album has been delayed. AGAIN. This time another month out into December. What's the fucking point of announcing an album for pre-order 6 months before you intend to release it? It isn't like he's getting any money from it yet.

Comment

• :O

amazon.de has the same date (14th November), but amazon.com has delayed it to 9th December.

I'm sorry.

If they keep the date they will be indirectly promoting piracy..... Can you use spotify in the USA? The first album is available there, I heard it there. Probably the second one will be available there too.

Comment

• Posted on Facebook Emigrate 8 minutes ago.

Here is your chance to listen to the new Emigrate album for the very first time!

https://www.facebook.com/Emigrate/ap...4631?app_data=

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Emigrate/posts/896589283684890
        Last edited by Maya; 10-22-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• I don't know. I'm getting tired of trying to figure out which site to get it from, so I'm just going to leave it. Just so tired of this.

Listening to the preview Emigrate just put up on Facebook....it sounds like Emigrate...but I'm conflicted on some of the tracks. It'd help if I could hear the whole thing. Assuming that ever actually happens.

^Yeah, I've been listening to it since it posted.

Comment

• Also sorry about the swearing. Didn't really think about it when I posted earlier.

I really like how Lemmy's track sounds, the music is VERY good. You can really tell Lemmy wasn't feeling that great...but it sounds good. Not a huge fan of the Manson track. But then, I'm not a huge fan of Manson. I like the Peaches track, but the sound is much more...synthesized?...than the others. Richard's singing is better than the first album.

I guess overall I like it, from what I can hear so far.

Love the Giving Up and My Pleasure tracks. Faust is good too. I could do without Happy Times. :P Eat You Alive is also pretty good...
            Last edited by EmeraldRose; 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• So you like them all

Spotify is an application not a site to buy, you can listen music for free. https://www.spotify.com/

Comment

• ^ Ok. I knew I'd heard of it before. I use Pandora, which has the first album on it. Maybe this one will end up on there as well.

Yeah I guess I like them all. They are growing on me...but still some of them are just sort of :P

Comment

• As somebody who doesn't give a fuck about emigrate, my first impression is just what I expected: meh.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    As somebody who doesn't give a fuck about emigrate, my first impression is just what I expected: meh.
                    If I'm going to be perfectly honest, that was my very first impression. There were a couple that I really liked, but overall...I don't know. Too much hype? Too much expectation? Very likely.

I am still looking forward to the album, but it wasn't something that I heard and was like OH MY GOD! I think maybe the disappointment with the whole release thing might be coloring my reaction. Probably not the best idea to give fans a sample on the same day they get news the thing has been delayed, again, for another month. Or at least this fan.

Oh well.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is true, but a reliable source just told me the single has leaked.
                      Last edited by Snake; 10-22-2014, 08:20 PM.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I'll give you my two cents

Eat You Alive - sounds neat, a solid song! Powerfull, catchy, nice sound.
                        Get Down - here it goes down indeed.. don't like that bit, uninspired and mediocre performance IMO
                        Rock City - Sorry Lemmy, you could do better IMO. I see where it's supposed to be going, but it doesn't work convincing to me. I would put more anger in the voice.
                        Hypothetical - I was never a Manson fan, but this sound very well! Maybe not too original, but interesting riffs, singing and keyboards
                        Rainbow - Ok, the riff's a bit same old Emigrate, but still a nice song, quite catchy!
                        Born On My Own - This I quite like! Well sung by Richard, interesting theme (content ànd sound) and guitars. Again though: a similar sound as many Emigrate songs.
                        Giving Up - Don't really get into this.. Not very special in any way. That suits the title a bit I'm afraid.
                        My Pleasure - Once again a variation on the typical Emigrate sound; unfortunately I don't hear it go much further than that.
                        Happy Times - This is again the better work for me. A bit weird chorus for Emigrate, but it's okay they surprise in this way. I like how that first verse is sung, reminds me of the more dark, calm Corey Taylor voice.
                        Faust - This will be a good song, I reckon! Good lyrics, Richard's best voice for the verse, good building up guitar to the chorus...
                        Silent So Long - Jonathan Davis never does half work, and here he proves it once again. I hope there's a harder bit in it though.

So, 7/11 isn't too bad I guess . The entire album will of course reveal more, but this sounds promising to me.
                        Last edited by Waidmann; 10-23-2014, 12:30 AM.
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• It has disappointed me, I think I will continue without being an Emigrate fan, but I'll listen to it anyway.

Comment

• I said it before and I'll say it again: they made too much of a fuss about it. I know it's a way of getting enough attention and buyers, but sales will fail if it doesn't live up to the expectations. I chose to ignore the hype a bit and I'm grateful because I like most bits and didn't expect any more of it.
                            Last edited by Waidmann; 10-23-2014, 07:05 PM.
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^The snipper actually met precisely my expectations: forgetable record. I can accept that Emigrate is terapeutical for RZK, but when he starts ensinuating Emigrate's music i superior to Rammstein's, than it is time he pulls is head out of his ass.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                                ^The snipper actually met precisely my expectations: forgetable record. I can accept that Emigrate is terapeutical for RZK, but when he starts ensinuating Emigrate's music i superior to Rammstein's, than it is time he pulls is head out of his ass.
                                Uhu, luckily for the moment I don't think he insinuated that Emigrate's music is superior (though more important to him personally). I like this outlet though it has nothing to do with Rammstein, it's an entirely different type of metal. Therefore I'm not sure it's very tactical of him using Rammstein's resources (like their site) to promote this project.
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X