No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper than a nutella crepe. (When I was in London a nutella crepe was £4)Hope you are enjoying your weekend !

Comment

"Der Ruf der Goettin" by Grigol Robakindse

Comment

Ow, what an interessting thread! I'm a big bookwurm myself. I think I have about 100 books at home and I have a to-read-list which containes about 2000 titles. I used to work in a public library for a couple of years, so that was heaven for me.

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami, Stephen King and of a lot of fantasy writers too.

Querrently I'm reading the first part of 'Fifty shades of grey', but with a full time job, college and a baby on the way, I don't read that many like I wanted to. I have to make time for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saar View Post
          Ow, what an interessting thread! I'm a big bookwurm myself. I think I have about 100 books at home and I have a to-read-list which containes about 2000 titles. I used to work in a public library for a couple of years, so that was heaven for me.

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami, Stephen King and of a lot of fantasy writers too.

Querrently I'm reading the first part of 'Fifty shades of grey', but with a full time job, college and a baby on the way, I don't read that many like I wanted to. I have to make time for it.
          Ah, i am going to go off topic for a bit now but will go back later

A baby on the way that is brilliant, when is it due, i have a 8 month grand daughter so really interested in babies
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

I'm a bookwurm too Right now I'm reading the First Rider's Call (from Kristen Britains Green Rider series) but since a few months I just can't find the focus to really read, unfortunately, so things go a little slow when it comes to reading I have a huge pile of books "to read" because I keep buying them :')
            Novembernebel/lifeofNeej

Weiter, weiter ins Verderben...

Comment

@RBF: I'm due for Decembre 5th or 7th. Later today we have an echo and hopefully we will know if it's a boy or a girl.
              @Grover: I have the same problem: I keep buying books and keep lending books from the library, but not much time to read. I travel 20 hours with the train in a week for my work, so I catch up for a bit then.

Comment

Oh thats so exciting, do let us know when you hear what you are having, maybe in the Whats on your mind thread Do you have a preference ?
                The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Firefighter's Handbook: Essentials of Firefighting and Emergecy Response (New York Edition) is what I'm supposed to be reading. I'll be reading the back of my eyelids in about 20 minutes though.
                  We're all living in Amerika! Amerika ist wunderbar!

Comment

Haha! Having tots around the house makes it near impossible for quality reading time. I have 1 toddler and can't keep up. Congrats Saar on the baby on the way! When I have time I'm currently reading "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a bio on Bret Hart (the wrestler) called "Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling" and "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. I already have 3 more titles in line and started 2 other bios (Michael J. Fox and Chris Jericho) which I concluded I will never finish. Never enough time...

Is anyone besides me avoiding Shades of Grey on purpose? I swear everyone I run across has read or is reading it. I'd much rather listen to a Rammstein song if I need to be entertained in that fashion. lol!
                    "I came to see that it is all vanity and a striving after the wind"

Comment

• I've actually never heard of the 50 shades until a week ago when three of my friends simultaneously were reading them I don't even know what they're about hahaha :')
                      Novembernebel/lifeofNeej

Weiter, weiter ins Verderben...

Comment

• Originally posted by KatesterLizbrat View Post

Is anyone besides me avoiding Shades of Grey on purpose? I swear everyone I run across has read or is reading it. I'd much rather listen to a Rammstein song if I need to be entertained in that fashion. lol!
                        I'm with you on that one. Everyone is reading it, and that somehow demotivates (is that a word?) me to read it as well. It's hard to say why...
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                          I'm with you on that one. Everyone is reading it, and that somehow demotivates (is that a word?) me to read it as well. It's hard to say why...
                          likelie because going with the flock and doing the mainstream stuff makes you think you lost individuality, and getting brainwashed by the media and controlled by other people =o. maybe

or if you read it, even if its good it wont really live up to your expectations for being that popular or how to say it.

Comment

• Well, I'm currently reading part 1 of the Shades-trilogy and it was my neighbour who was telling me about it. I'm not going with the flock, not going with all the hype arround it, not brainwashed by the media or by other people...Djee, Am I the only one then? I find it really good and if there wasn't such af fuss arround it and not so brought by media, I would still buy it and read it.

Actually, I reed it at the same time when I'm listening to Rammmstein

Comment

• My son and daughter in law are giving me a kindle for an early Christmas present, i will be getting it this week complete with the Shades, i am going to read it because i want to read it and not because of all the hype. I never follow the crowd and like to make my own mind up about things, my daughter in law has read it and recommended it and thats good enough for me

Comment

• You're like me then, RBF

Comment

Working...
                                X