No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else read any of the True Blood books? There was a pretty big hype surrounding the Tv show, but having never seen it I cannot comment on the show itself. The books however, are pretty good for wasting time when you've read all of the other books in your collection. Repeatedly.
    DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Reading a book on Meditation and dreams its really interesting, i cannot put it down....
      The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

^The shop I work in has a load of books like that in the back room, wonder if there's any truth in what they say.
        DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
          ^The shop I work in has a load of books like that in the back room, wonder if there's any truth in what they say.
          Must have missed this post somehow, yeah i have tried meditation but cant seem to shut off and focus, as for the dreams i would love to have mine looked into, they are very weird sometimes. The other week i had a dream that i was late for work but living in America so how the fuck i could get to Worthing from America by 6.45 beats me
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
            Has anyone else read any of the True Blood books? There was a pretty big hype surrounding the Tv show, but having never seen it I cannot comment on the show itself. The books however, are pretty good for wasting time when you've read all of the other books in your collection. Repeatedly.
            Good to hear that, I have been thinking about reading the books after seeing the first 4 seasons (which are ok, I guess, and books are mostly even better).

I'm now reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series for the first time and they are top knotch so far !
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
              Must have missed this post somehow, yeah i have tried meditation but cant seem to shut off and focus, as for the dreams i would love to have mine looked into, they are very weird sometimes. The other week i had a dream that i was late for work but living in America so how the fuck i could get to Worthing from America by 6.45 beats me
              I missed this post too... Explain to us, did you get in time? if you did... how? did you live in the future?

Comment

Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians ~ Richard Webster
                Promised Virgins ~ Jeffrey Fleishman (Fictional novel about the Kosovo/Serbia conflict)

Comment

Oh, I missed this thread...

At the moment, I am reading "El Aleph", of Jorge Luis Borges. And this weekend I have read "On the road", of Jack Kerouac.
                  «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                  Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                    Oh, I missed this thread...

At the moment, I am reading "El Aleph", of Jorge Luis Borges. And this weekend I have read "On the road", of Jack Kerouac.
                    Can't go wrong with Borges in my opinion! Not read this one though, so feel free to tell me what you thought of it.

I just begun reading Bis das Herz brennt, the unofficial Rammstein biography. It starts off well, I'm curious if it will be a worthy read.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

I am reading To Kill A Mocking Bird for school x)

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                        Can't go wrong with Borges in my opinion! Not read this one though, so feel free to tell me what you thought of it.

I just begun reading Bis das Herz brennt, the unofficial Rammstein biography. It starts off well, I'm curious if it will be a worthy read.
                        I have read most of tales of Borges since I can remember reading. I usually re-read all of them in a period of approximately 5 years. Every single time I read again a tale by Borges I find it fascinating and I discover something new.

El Aleph ("The Aleph"... ) is perhaps the best of his books. I am reading in Spanish because... well, I am Spanish! But the tales in "Labyrinths" I read them English. "Ficciones" and "El Aleph" are probably his best, or at least most known, tales collections.

El Aleph is characterised, as it happens so many times, by the invention of sources. Borges loved creating non-existing encyclopaedias, religions and magic books. Many times his tales would be simply stories "found" in other works... of course, everything was his fiction.

I usually alternate a long reading with a collection of tales. So after "On the road" (medium length) and "El Aleph" (short tales), goes the super-long one: I started last night "War and peace" . I expect to read it in the next two months, or never ever. It is my third attempt! This trend doesn't include the non-fiction, as I usually read half an hour in bed in the morning before getting up some non-fiction or technical stuff before I get up. I don't count them in the short-long-short cycle...

(Have you read Mario Benedetti? )
                        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

^Okay, I'm reading the Aleph as soon as I can (around the beginning of july I might come to it - if I can find it in either dutch, german or english). First I'll finish up the Rammstein book and read the last 2 of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (for the ones who haven't read this: this is really a must-read!).

War and Piece is lying here as well, waiting for a courageous moment of mine to start it. I've never given up a book once I've started, but this will be a though one none the less. Tolstoj's Anna Karenina was worth the trouble, so I guess in the second half of the summer I might start with this monstrocity as well.

Never read Benedetti, I'm sorry. I'll look him up to see what he has to offer !
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Has anyone read any of the Berlin Noir novels, about Bernie Gunther the German policeman/detective in the 30's? Written by Philip Kerr, very good! I have read the Berlin Noir trilogy, plus the following 4 (or 5?) books. Really worthy.

J.
                            Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Berlin Noir novels sound right up my alley. I'll have to check them out.
                              I wish I could read a book in another language.

Comment

Finished Bis das Herz brennt -die inoffizielle Rammstein-Biographie! It was a good read, although not too complete and not updated (it ends right before the LIFAD-tour kicks of). I saw a few mistakes (content and some spelling as well), but not much. It really learned me a lot about the pre-Reise, Reise period. Overall I give it a 8/10.
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X