Hi, everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, everyone!

Hello, Rammstein nation! I'm Violet. I'm a 21-year-old college student from Texas. In May, I'm going to graduate with a bachelor's degree in music education with an all-level (grades K-12) certification. I haven't really figured out what I'm going to do after that, but I'm sure I'll find out in due time.

As of now, I'm a Rammstein n00b. I've only been listening to this band for a little over a week. However, they're pretty much all I've been listening to, and I find them highly fascinating. I feel like through this site, I can learn so much more, not only about Rammstein, but about metal and its genre companions in general. If I'm honest, other than Rammstein, I only listen to a couple of other metal bands. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on what might be good as far as that goes. I have looked into a few more Neue Deutsche Härte bands, and it seems to be something I can get really used to listening.

Anyway, enough about that. If you wanna chat, feel free to drop me a line. If you have anything you want to share with me (whether it's related to Rammstein/music or not), please share your wisdom. I'm always looking for something new. I hope you all have a splendid rest of the weekend.

Welcome to these foruns, and to the Rammstein bandwagon.

Since you are asking for some enlightment about Rammstein, here is the quick version:

This is a band that produces better shows than they produce music, and their best albuns are Herzeleid, Sehnsucht and Mutter, which are awesome. After that period, they started to get over-produced in they live shows, and considerably less awesome in studio.

LIFAD stands for "Liebe ist fur alle da", the latest album of the band, and despite the hype that surrounded it, its a mediocre work at best.

Rammstein as a band are not really assholes, but their managment is. In 2009, when artwork and tracks from LIFAD leaked on the internet, the managment threatened various fansites with lawsuits for re-distributing such leaks.

Richard Kruspe is the pretty boy of the band, and the most prone to cause tensions amoung other members. The productions of Mutter is said to have been very stressfull because of him, and the band was not very far way from splitting up. In order for him to keep it cool and not impose is criativity over the other members, he started a little project called Emigrate, which takes a lot of things from Rammstein, but when it is all said and done, sucks ass.

Finally, there is, however, something that is underrated about the band, which is the fact that after 17 years of existence, all the original members are still present in the band. Kruspe as even stated that they are no longer friends, but are rather a family.

As far as other metal bands, I suggest Fear Factory, Sabaton, Godsmack and Disturbed, but you are not going to be as fascinated by them as you do by r+.
    Last edited by Snake; 10-01-2011, 10:45 PM.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I don't really see what you mean in terms of what's better or not. However, I'm quite aware that this is because I'm more or less in obsessive fangirl mode at the moment. You know, you have that honeymoon phase when you're like, "Oh, this band can do no wrong." (Well, maybe you don't, but I know a lot of people do, and I feel like I'm guilty of that right now.) Once it wears off (whenever that is), perhaps I'll be able to think more logically. In the meantime, I'm just going to absorb it all and enjoy it.

Ha, I've seen your posts on the forum about how much you despise it. Personally, as an indie kid, I think it makes that style of music accessible to people who wouldn't normally listen to it. I'm not saying that it's all good. I'm guessing those who have been with Rammstein since the beginning don't quite get why they would do something like that. I've had similar situations with other bands, so I understand that.

I have Disturbed on my "bands to look into" list. I'll add those others to it, too, and explore when I get the chance. Thanks for the welcome, information, and advice! ^_^

Comment

^Yeah, I've had that same mentality myself when I first discovered the band, And I understand how it is. But since you asked for enlightment... you got it ^^
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Snake, your opinions of the band seem to seem to have reached the level of hatred. Do you really think your post was a way to introduce a new member to the forum?

Comment

^I actually tried to be as fair and balanced as I could.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Welcome Abendstern, I wonder if your thread will become a battlefield ....

Comment

Thank you, Maya. I sure hope it doesn't turn out that way. I wasn't offended by anything Snake said, so I don't see why anyone else should be. He/She was just trying to explain things to me, is all.

Comment

Well ok then.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

If you are looking for more Neue Deutsche Härte artists, I suggest Oomph!, I am currently in the "honeymoon phase" where they are concerned
                    DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Thanks. ^_^

Yeah, they're on my "bands to look into" list. I heard a couple of their songs on Rammstein Radio on Last.fm and really liked them.

Comment

I also have one of those lists, spending way too much time on youtube now!

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya on that one. My list keeps growing, and I know I'll never get to everything, but I like to at least try.

Speaking of YouTube, I listened to some of Rammstein live from Volkerball this morning. I'm really picky with live music, but Rammstein meet my ridiculously high standards. I'm pleased.

Comment

I generally get through one artists every weekend.....it's going to be very long time before I finish it

and that would be one of the many reasons I love them.

Comment

You should really take a look at "live aus berlin" instead of volkerball

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                              X