No announcement yet.

Hi, everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I plan on it at some point. It's just that Volkerball came up first in my searches. :P

Comment

I really should've included this in my other post, but I didn't think about it until now...

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
      I generally get through one artists every weekend.....it's going to be very long time before I finish it

and that would be one of the many reasons I love them.
      I tend to splurge with artists. I'll pick a day to take time to sit in front of a computer and YouTube stuff. It's often highly rewarding.

Comment

I watch Volkerball just because it includes their more recent songs (i.e. Mutter onwards) as well as the older songs

I just go on youtube when I'm supposed to be doing homework. Meant to be doing some right now actually
        DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Yeah, I'm really into the "Reise, Reise" era stuff at the moment. The string work on the title track is nice. <3

It's OK. Homework is overrated, anyway. :P

Comment

it is a pretty good album <3 Dalai lama has good keyboard work IMHO

and it is...very :L
            DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

I'll have to listen for that the next time I listen to that track.

Comment

I know it's a bit too late, but.. Welcome Violet, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Another person with interest in NDH-bands, awesome! ;D I'd recommend bands like Eisbrecher and Megaherz They seriously give Rammstein a run for their money imo - so yeah, they're pretty damn good! :'D Eisbrecher is slightly more electronic-based than Rammstein, but they're still amazing Megaherz is a bit more similar to Rammstein, but imo a bit harder/heavier on some of their albums - but in general their style is a bit difficult to describe since they've changed their style more than once during the years ;D No matter what, amazing band as well - imo especially with their previous frontman Alexx Wesselsky (he's the frontman in Eisbrecher now btw)
                My R+ concerts so far:
                15.12.09 @ Forum Copenhagen, DK
                16.02.10 @ Malmö Arena, SE
                02.06.10 @ Copenhagen Live Festival, DK
                03.06.10 @ Skive Festival, DK

My R+ concerts to come:
                21.02.12 @ Forum Copenhagen, DK
                22.02.12 @ Jyske Bank Boxen [Herning], DK

Comment

Thank you, Kein Engel!

Yeah, I've acquired Eisbrecher. I haven't really listened to much of it yet (still very much in R+ mode), but I plan to soon enough. I haven't gotten any Megaherz yet, but I will say that "Ja, genau" is a very catchy song, and I like it lots.

Comment

You're welcome!

Okay, that's cool ;D Yeah, get used to Rammstein's complex universe to start with, because then it'll be easier to understand other German bands later on
                    Hehe, imo you should check out songs from Megaherz's older albums like Kopfschuss, Himmelfahrt and Herzwerk II - they're my big favourites among their albums, but the Wer bist du?-album is definitely great too I gotta admit that I find it a bit hard to get used to the two latest albums 5 and Heuchler - but it's mainly because of the vocals, the music itself is great I'm more into their previous frontman Alexx's vocal, I actually love it! :'D

I'm sorry if I analyze too much, but I just can't help it xD
                    Last edited by + Kein Engel +; 11-03-2011, 04:54 AM.
                    My R+ concerts so far:

My R+ concerts to come:

Comment

Yeah, if I read correctly, they switched vocalists before "5," yes? I can understand why that might be a problem, especially if you listened to Megaherz back in the earlier times. A change in vocalists is a big deal because the singer's voice is often very distinct, and when it's changed, that sound you've grown to love isn't the same.

No, you're fine. I tend to do that a lot myself. :P

Comment

Well, Alexx was one of the founding members of the band, and he left the band after the Herzwerk II album - so yeah, they had a new vocalist for the 5 album and actually a new vocalist for the Heuchler album as well, which is the guy that they still have.. I hope that it made sense to you :'D
                        I'm a fairly new fan of Megaherz, but it still kinda sucks that Alexx left the band - but he had his reasons and he's remained friends with the rest of the band, which I really like But oh well, it's not like that I don't like their new music, not at all! :O

Hehe, thanks - I feel relieved now :'D
                        My R+ concerts so far:

My R+ concerts to come:

Comment

Working...
                        X