No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^We are normally three-four weeks behind you, so no new episodes since Christmas where they transmitted the River Song's Husband episode.

Right now I'm considering buying a HBO-subscription so I can watch season 6 of GoT, two weeks ago I had a great weekend watching season 4 + 5

Comment

• ^Why not Popcorn Time?
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Isn't that a pirate site, I seem to recall people getting sued for using it. Oh and all episodes of GoT6 hasn't aired yet. So I'll wait to see them over a weekend.

Comment

• ^Whatever it is, it's not legal in most countries. In places like Germany the government actively seeks out people who use this or similar downloading/streaming sites and sue them. I know several people who were that unfortunate. I guess it's only a matter of time before some other countries follow. Up untill now, I think Belgium had 1 case, but only to be continued.
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^One of my friends just got a very nasty letter from some lawyers, that will sue him from for a very large sum of money. Several 100s people in Denmark have been sued or already paid the fine.

Comment

• ^Pirated software is very common here, even though it's illegal. I've never heard of anyone getting fined because of pirated software. In fact, there are many large stores openly selling pirated books and software, which have no trouble with the law (through some generous donations to the police I'd asume lol) It's so common that it's considered pretty weird to actually buy Windows or Office. They either come with your PC, or you pay someone 10-20 liras (3.5 to 7 USD) and get them installed. A Turkish person is more likely to pirate Windows than pirate a video game (Thanks GabeN).
              "I've rarely seen such an urinal as in America. Perfect height, wide as a Cadillac, a great flush. Perfect!"
              Christian Flake Lorenz

Comment

• ^I guess the way they cope with it differs in each country. Up until april 2015 downloading wasn't even illegal here, as long as you didn't gave the material to somebody else and used it as a "home copy" for yourself. But things have changed, and I guess for the best in some ways. It has been fun, but in the end people have to earn money form their music and movies. Although with me it worked otherwise. These last years I bought more albums because through downloading etc. I got to try more music. If I wasn't able to listen to some songs first I wouldn't've risked buying some of my latest records.
                Last edited by Waidmann; 05-12-2016, 09:28 PM.
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                  Weird day at work today. I now have 500 colleagues less, and I'll stop at the end of May (voluntarily)
                  When is your last day?

Comment

• ^May 27th, which means 9½ work-days left. Cannot wait for this to be over and I can say bye bye

Comment

• 9 working days now!!!! WOW

And what about your future plans with photography?

Comment

• ^First I'll spend more time on it to get better, I haven't really spent nearly enough time with a camera in my hands and editing photos for the last couple of years. Things I knew how to, are now gone so I'll try to get those skills back. I might even take some courses, and after that I'll just see. If I can make a little money later that would be nice, but not a priority. I've saved up so I can support myself for quite a while. Mostly I'm just looking to have fun with it.

Comment

• ^I love seeing your pictures though! You always make me want to go out and take more photos (even though I am only using my camera phone)!!! I wish I had the time and energy to do as you do! To go on photography weekends! I am incredibly jealous!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                            ^First I'll spend more time on it to get better, I haven't really spent nearly enough time with a camera in my hands and editing photos for the last couple of years. Things I knew how to, are now gone so I'll try to get those skills back. I might even take some courses, and after that I'll just see. If I can make a little money later that would be nice, but not a priority. I've saved up so I can support myself for quite a while. Mostly I'm just looking to have fun with it.
                            I forgot to answer...

I miss my classes, i loved them.

I'm sure you will have fun with it, it's so different of classical jobs. Once you spend some time with your camera, I'm sure "those things gone" will come back and if you take some courses you'll learn new things. 5 days from today!!!!

Comment

• This is it: My last day at work over. I now join the rank of the lazy layabouts

Comment

• OMG!!!! Hala Madrid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X