Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    In developed countries they say "didn't see". I wouldn't correct you if I weren't such a pain in the ass.
    Your whole post does looks like you're from some strange developed country where people don't understand the brilliance of your serie.
    Fixed yet again.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Fixed ya ma, eh?

Ok, you are really going to force this serie upon everyone untill they're tired to death by it? That I could live with, but that you change EVERY post I make, in an arrogant, not-original way is just over the top. If I didn't make it clear that it was annoying, than let me spell it out to you that you're really aggravating me. And I won't let that happen, because you're just not worth it. In the past I could just ignore you, but now you just hunt each and every one of my posts down. So, by writing this I know I give you the chance to edit even this one (it would be too good if you for once didn't), but it will be the last time as you force me to withdraw my activity on this forum. I liked posting here, even the arguments because they made sense, but this just undermines my reasons for being here. Have a nice time trolling around! Let's hope you don't scare away other devoted posters! See ya!
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^Sorry to see you go, Waidmann - and I hope you'll change your mind. Let's not turn this into Snake's private snark-forum.

Comment

Fixed ya ma, eh?

Ok, you are really going to force this serie upon everyone untill they're tired to death by it? That I could live with, but that you change EVERY post I make, in an arrogant, not-original way is just over the top. If I didn't make it clear that it was annoying, than let me spell it out to you that you're really aggravating me. And I won't let that happen, because you're just not worth it. In the past I could just ignore you, but now you just hunt each and every one of my posts down. So, by writing this I know I give you the chance to edit even this one (it would be too good if you for once didn't), but it will be the last time as you force me to withdraw my activity on this forum. I liked posting here, even the arguments because they made sense, but this just undermines my reasons for being here. Have a nice time trolling around! Let's hope you don't scare away other devoted posters! See ya!
          I think you forgot that the one who started to edit quotes here was you, not me, so you implicitly gave me permission to do the same to you. Furthermore, if are loosing your temper over some silly shit llike edited quotes - which I stress again, it was something that *you* started - them the one who really has a problem around here is you. I could understand your reaction if I actually edited your original posts, but what I've been doing so far is just toying with the quote feature.

Also, you have a huge beef with the way I express myself in this place, but you seem to forget that you are also quite fond of speaking your mind very openly about what you deslike in here and also about some users of the forum.

Added: I find it very odd that you acuse me of "hunt each and every one of my posts down" when the reality is that I only "hunt" your posts when they are addressed explicitly at me. Furthermore, let me remind you that all flamewars that we had so far were caused by you calling me out, and not the other way around.
          Last edited by Snake; 08-29-2014, 12:39 AM.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
            I think you forgot that the one who started to edit quotes here was you, not me, so you implicitly gave me permission to do the same to you. Furthermore, if are loosing your temper over some silly shit llike edited quotes - which I stress again, it was something that *you* started - them the one who really has a problem around here is you. I could understand your reaction if I actually edited your original posts, but what I've been doing so far is just toying with the quote feature.

Also, you have a huge beef with the way I express myself in this place, but you seem to forget that you are also quite fond of speaking your mind very openly about what you deslike in here and also about some users of the forum.

Added: I find it very odd that you acuse me of "hunt each and every one of my posts down" when the reality is that I only "hunt" your posts when they are addressed explicitly at me. Furthermore, let me remind you that all flamewars that we had so far were caused by you calling me out, and not the other way around.
            I.. I can't believe you actually managed to answer in a way that already made me come back. This just can't remain unanswered.. which doesn't mean I'm yet willing to participate any further beyond this discussion.

No, I didn't forget I started it, but you seem to forget I only did that once. ONCE. You did it SEVERAL times. If you say there isn't any difference between once and several times, I can't even begin to talk to you. I would pay to see you on jury duty once, telling the rest how it doesn't matter if the aggressor killed one person or several. Or that the one who murdered first is to blame and all the other reacting murderers are innocent copycats. Ridiculous argument!

And yes I lost my temper (last week actually)! Every next post I was more irritated, expressed that increasingly as well, but you just ignored it. You "toyed" further, as you try to eufemise it. It's just that it came to the point where I really thought you weren't going to stop (and I thought that you were gone mental on me or so). That would actually irritate me each time I visited this forum, so that's why I first considered leaving. Still considering that tbh.

Yes, the way you behave can irritate me, and although you accuse me once again of amnesia, you don't seem to recall what I've said about your ways here over and over again. Yes, I speak open about anything and everybody around here (which isn't against forum rules, I guess???). Anyone a problem with that? Great: they can adress me and I'll stop. It's not in my agenda to annoy anyone, and I wouldn't feel right if I did. If they have that problem, and keep having this problem, I'll definetly take off. No hard feelings there, you just can't get along with everyone.
            You are open as well, but for 90% in the negativity. You will never be able to convince me that you aren't delibratly wearing a negative mask. And I'm pretty sure there's something in you that's trying to get attention through that. You know it can annoy people, but you don't seem to care. That's your right, I guess, but it's however the big difference: I'm trying to make this place a bit livable, nice, not spreading negativity when not called for and not force-feeding people with the same stuff over and over again without any arguments. I'm just looking for info, sharing thoughts or discuss subjects. You just say most of the things are just shit and only when someone (usually me) keeps disagreeing, you reveal that there's actually some thinking behind your condescending remarks. But normally, one doesn't wat to spill his/her energy for the 100th time, which just leaves topic filled with your condescending remarks. And I'm not sure that's the place I want to be.

Yes I called you out each time. So the person who mentions a problem IS the problem? You can't convince me you believe that yourself.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

No, I didn't forget I started it, but you seem to forget I only did that once. ONCE. You did it SEVERAL times. If you say there isn't any difference between once and several times, I can't even begin to talk to you. I would pay to see you on jury duty once, telling the rest how it doesn't matter if the aggressor killed one person or several. Or that the one who murdered first is to blame and all the other reacting murderers are innocent copycats. Ridiculous argument!
              Of course it doesn't matter if the aggressor killed one person or several. A killer is a killer regardless of body count. If a guy that murders one guy is better than other that kills 1.000 in your eyes, you are the one who might not have the best moral compass.

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              And yes I lost my temper (last week actually)! Every next post I was more irritated, expressed that increasingly as well, but you just ignored it. You "toyed" further, as you try to eufemise it. It's just that it came to the point where I really thought you weren't going to stop (and I thought that you were gone mental on me or so). That would actually irritate me each time I visited this forum, so that's why I first considered leaving. Still considering that tbh.
              If you get irritated over silly stuff like the one I just did, I think that you really are ought to take a long break. Furthermore, if you were getting so irritated, why not just stop feeding me with quotes to edit?

Yes, the way you behave can irritate me, and although you accuse me once again of amnesia, you don't seem to recall what I've said about your ways here over and over again. Yes, I speak open about anything and everybody around here (which isn't against forum rules, I guess???). Anyone a problem with that? Great: they can adress me and I'll stop. It's not in my agenda to annoy anyone, and I wouldn't feel right if I did. If they have that problem, and keep having this problem, I'll definetly take off. No hard feelings there, you just can't get along with everyone.
              No, there is no problem with that. But you don't see me loosing my shit over your modus operandi, so don't loose yours over mine.

You are open as well, but for 90% in the negativity. You will never be able to convince me that you aren't delibratly wearing a negative mask. And I'm pretty sure there's something in you that's trying to get attention through that. You know it can annoy people, but you don't seem to care. That's your right, I guess, but it's however the big difference: I'm trying to make this place a bit livable, nice, not spreading negativity when not called for and not force-feeding people with the same stuff over and over again without any arguments. I'm just looking for info, sharing thoughts or discuss subjects. You just say most of the things are just shit and only when someone (usually me) keeps disagreeing, you reveal that there's actually some thinking behind your condescending remarks. But normally, one doesn't wat to spill his/her energy for the 100th time, which just leaves topic filled with your condescending remarks. And I'm not sure that's the place I want to be.
              What is the problem with negativity? Why does anybody that is negative must automatically be craving for attention in your eyes? Why do you consider negativity to have always the burden of proof, but not optimism? Shouldn't ti work the other way around too? If you get pissed at me because I'm pessist without providing arguments, why not get pissed also at optimistic folks that also do not back their posts with arguments?

You seem to have a very low tolerance towards negativity in general and a desbelief that pessist may be just that: pessimist, not attention-seekers. And while I admit that I do have a tendency to clash with other posters, that does not come from wanting atention. It comes from the fact that my opinions tend to almost always be the exact opposite from everybody else.

Yes I called you out each time. So the person who mentions a problem IS the problem? You can't convince me you believe that yourself.
              No, but a person who has a problem with the pessimist guy might have one.

Also, you know what is really ironic about this discussion? It is the fact that while you focus on my negativity, it actually all started from my positive feelings towards a tv show.
              Last edited by Snake; 08-29-2014, 02:16 AM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• As @Waidmann didn't answer yesterday I thought he wasn't so irritated today. I was expecting one of their smart conversations, not this.

@Waidmann I don't want to see you leaving the forum, but if you can't stand it anymore, I will understand. Sometimes the best is to ignore some posts, or not answering the moment you read them, it's the way I try to avoid this situations.

I'm trying to make this place a bit livable, nice, not spreading negativity when not called for and not force-feeding people with the same stuff over and over again without any arguments. I'm just looking for info, sharing thoughts or discuss subjects.
                You are a great contributor, and usually add interesting information and posts, it would be a very big loss.

Comment

• This Ice Bucket Challenge is insane.... ( I have found an English source for you)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...r-9696249.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    Of course it doesn't matter if the aggressor killed one person or several. A killer is a killer regardless of body count. If a guy that murders one guy is better than other that kills 1.000 in your eyes, you are the one who might not have the best moral compass.
                    I don't deny he would be a killer, but bodycount does matter to me! I don't believe you believe making a mistake is the same as making a mistake several times. I don't see you react the same when someone wrongs you with the same thing each day instead of one day. So I don't follow you there.

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    If you get irritated over silly stuff like the one I just did, I think that you really are ought to take a long break. Furthermore, if you were getting so irritated, why not just stop feeding me with quotes to edit?
                    That last bit is just BS and you know it. I just defended my opinions, as I didn't want you to roll over me, giving you the feeling you were right or making sense in any way. Maybe you should believe your own fantasy and therefore give a definition of "posts that oblige one to edit". Your first sentence makes more sense, although it would specifically be a break from you, not from anything else. No one ever drove me this far. And I repeat: you weren't giving any clues that you would ever stop it. Would you stay anywhere where you think someone will always turn your post into their own too-often repeated insights? There's no way I can defend myself with such thing, except if I would do the same thing again, but that would be too boring to even consider.

No, there is no problem with that. But you don't see me loosing my shit over your modus operandi, so don't loose yours over mine.
                    If there's no problem about that, why did you mention? I never myself called it a problem. And I will react on your "modus operandi" if I think it's a problematic one. In the end it's all about creating a better atmosphere here and learning more by discussing. Any tools that undermine that, shoudl very well be reported, no?

What is the problem with negativity? Why does anybody that is negative must automatically be craving for attention in your eyes? Why do you consider negativity to have always the burden of proof, but not optimism? Shouldn't ti work the other way around too? If you get pissed at me because I'm pessist without providing arguments, why not get pissed also at optimistic folks that also do not back their posts with arguments?

You seem to have a very low tolerance towards negativity in general and a desbelief that pessist may be just that: pessimist, not attention-seekers. And while I admit that I do have a tendency to clash with other posters, that does not come from wanting atention. It comes from the fact that my opinions tend to almost always be the exact opposite from everybody else.
                    Well, you can't deny you know that your negativity will cause reactions? That's always so. And you yourself once said that your negativity was just a pose to be surprised afterwards and be spared of disappointment. But in the end negativity is focussing on problems and a bad endings and that's just not something people want to hear all the time. The opposite, always positive, has the same problem, I must admit, although a bit less. On this board you don't know anyone who's like you, so in fact you never had to cope with what we experience here with you. You can see it as a negative pose, but it tends very well to nagging and moaning. This might not be your intend, but it comes with it automatically if you don't apply enough arguments.

No, but a person who has a problem with the pessimist guy might have one.

Also, you know what is really ironic about this discussion? It is the fact that while you focus on my negativity, it actually all started from my positive feelings towards a tv show.
                    That's something else. And yes I have problems with pessimist guys as their negativity almost always slows down everything, takes the fun, extingiushes excitement. A good day is never a pessimist day. And even besides that, pessimism remains only one point of view. And sticking to that is problematic as well. I'm more realistic, trying to judge upon what I see and than decide to which mode I'll take (negative / positive /...). I'll never do something just to protect myself. That just tells more about me than about the subject.
                    The problem didn't start with your positive remark, it started with you saying how perfect it is ALL THE TIME whitout any arguments for it. Why do you think people want to read the same shit over and over again? No one here knows why the hell you even like that series (and tells something about the value of your posts), only that your capable of some expressing some almost religious devotion to it. You can't expect that to be taken seriously.
                    Last edited by Waidmann; 08-29-2014, 06:22 PM.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• @Waidman, let it go, stop reading Snake's comments. Don't read, don't answer. The guy just likes to spread misery and gloom, and thinks it's witty?. Life's to short.

I like reading most of your comments and reflections, so keep that up, but this constant bickering with Snake is just as annoying as his negativity.

Comment

I don't deny he would be a killer, but bodycount does matter to me! I don't believe you believe making a mistake is the same as making a mistake several times. I don't see you react the same when someone wrongs you with the same thing each day instead of one day. So I don't follow you there.
                        You can bet your ass that I believe that. One exception would be if the killing was a stupid accident. However, if we are talking about something like, lets say, what Darren Wilson did in the Ferguson incident, he is no better than if he only kills Michael Brown during all of is life, or if he kills 1000 more people.

That last bit is just BS and you know it. I just defended my opinions, as I didn't want you to roll over me, giving you the feeling you were right or making sense in any way. Maybe you should believe your own fantasy and therefore give a definition of "posts that oblige one to edit". Your first sentence makes more sense, although it would specifically be a break from you, not from anything else. No one ever drove me this far. And I repeat: you weren't giving any clues that you would ever stop it. Would you stay anywhere where you think someone will always turn your post into their own too-often repeated insights? There's no way I can defend myself with such thing, except if I would do the same thing again, but that would be too boring to even consider.
                        All this text makes me see that you clearly didn't take those edited quotes as the armless (albeit repetitive) pranks that they were. I stand by what I said earlier: if you really get pissed of at that, than the one who is taking stuff way to seriously is you. Was I getting repetitive with the pranks? Perhaps. But you, on the other hand, are showing very low tolerance towards armless and silly shit.

If there's no problem about that, why did you mention? I never myself called it a problem. And I will react on your "modus operandi" if I think it's a problematic one. In the end it's all about creating a better atmosphere here and learning more by discussing. Any tools that undermine that, shoudl very well be reported, no?
                        I would agree with you about my posts denying a "better atmosphere here and learning more by discussing" if I was the kind of user that were constantly harassing and insulting other posters, when all I do is express my own opinions without disrespecting other users. I might be borderline repetitive and I might be a negative person, but I do not treat users like shit.

Well, you can't deny you know that your negativity will cause reactions? That's always so. And you yourself once said that your negativity was just a pose to be surprised afterwards and be spared of disappointment. But in the end negativity is focussing on problems and a bad endings and that's just not something people want to hear all the time. The opposite, always positive, has the same problem, I must admit, although a bit less. On this board you don't know anyone who's like you, so in fact you never had to cope with what we experience here with you. You can see it as a negative pose, but it tends very well to nagging and moaning. This might not be your intend, but it comes with it automatically if you don't apply enough arguments.
                        Yes, I've been around forums long enough to notice that my negative will cause reactions. But like I said above, I don't disrespect users. People don't want to be focus "on problems and bad endings all the time"? Then they are more than welcome to ignore my posts. I won't mind, and I won't get butthurt. But if you think that I am going to change the way I express myself just because people in general are too sensitive to negativity, think again. This is an open forum, and unless I start doing stuff that is borderline ilegal or imoral, I can and will say whatever the fuck I want to say, and if people get butthurt, I don't give a flying fuck. I will not change because of folks like you that are unable to tolerate or ignore pessimism.

That's something else. And yes I have problems with pessimist guys as their negativity almost always slows down everything, takes the fun, extingiushes excitement. A good day is never a pessimist day. And even besides that, pessimism remains only one point of view. And sticking to that is problematic as well. I'm more realistic, trying to judge upon what I see and than decide to which mode I'll take (negative / positive /...). I'll never do something just to protect myself. That just tells more about me than about the subject.
                        You think "pessimist guys as their negativity" will "almost always slows down everything, takes the fun, extingiushes excitement". Well, I think differently: it will instead make for a more diverse pool of thoughts and spawn more discussions and activity. Optimism, pessimism and realism all have a place in an open discussion, and I happen to be the guy who almost always takes the pessimist approach. I don't see why that is bad.

The problem didn't start with your positive remark, it started with you saying how perfect it is ALL THE TIME whitout any arguments for it. Why do you think people want to read the same shit over and over again? No one here knows why the hell you even like that series (and tells something about the value of your posts), only that your capable of some expressing some almost religious devotion to it. You can't expect that to be taken seriously.
                        And do you really believe that I wanted or expected to be taken seriously? Don't you ever considered that all I was doing was just fooling around? This re-enforces my belief that you take stuff way to seriously, and need to chill the fuck out.

Finally, this last paragraph is address to all users in this forum: some of you seem to have a problem with my participation in this place. If I irritate you in any way, please perform the following steps:

1. go to "Settings" > "Edit Igonre List"
                        2. At "add a member to your list", write "Snake" in the edit box
                        3. Press the "Okay" Button.

These steps are ought to improve your participation in this place if you happen to be fed up with me. However, do not expect me to leave this forum or change my ways because you perceive me as a bad apple in this forum. I might be a negative, pessimist, repetitive person. I might even be a pain in the ass for some of you. But I am not the bad guy in this forum. Nobody is.
                        Last edited by Snake; 08-29-2014, 08:30 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Snake honey, stop this please, we got both points, there aren't bad boys here, neither bad apples, time to next page.

Comment

• ^I will stop this if and when Waidmanns also stops. It is actually a good thing that shit as seriously hit the fan between the two of us, so that he can openly say how he feels about me and allow me to let everybody know how they can properly ignore me if I am such a fucking pain in the ass in this place.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Continue in private

Comment

• ^Yeah, this defenetely reached a point where it either needs to end right here, or continue in private. Personally I think it is better if it ends right here, because I will not change Waidmanns mind, and he won't change mine either. I do want to stress out this to everybody, though:

If I irritate you in any way, please perform the following steps:

1. go to "Settings" > "Edit Igonre List"
                                2. At "add a member to your list", write "Snake" in the edit box
                                3. Press the "Okay" Button.

These steps are ought to improve your participation in this place if you happen to be fed up with me. However, do not expect me to leave this forum or change my ways because you perceive me as a bad apple in this forum. I might be a negative, pessimist, repetitive person. I might even be a pain in the ass for some of you. But I am not the bad guy in this forum. Nobody is.
                                Last edited by Snake; 08-29-2014, 08:42 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X