No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another weekend with a photo-theme: I've been at an Olympus VIP Launch event, where they presented their new OM-D EM5 mk II model. I've been sceptical towards the mirrorless cameras, but after spending 5 hours playing with one, my scepticism has nearly vanished. Since I've long known I have to replace my current camera some time this year, this could very easily turn out to be a very expensive Saturday, as I will also have to replace my lenses if I change to mirrorless, but I would have to do the same if I changed brands.

Comment

• Status over the last 18 hours in Copenhagen: Two bystanders murdered, five police officers wounded and then finally the suspected shooter killed by police. It's a mad, mad world.
      Last edited by The Rose; 02-15-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
        Status over the last 18 hours in Copenhagen: Two bystanders murdered, five police officers wounded and then finally the suspected shooter killed by police. It's a mad, mad world.
        I just read about that. So sad...

Comment

Another weekend with a photo-theme: I've been at an Olympus VIP Launch event, where they presented their new OM-D EM5 mk II model. I've been sceptical towards the mirrorless cameras, but after spending 5 hours playing with one, my scepticism has nearly vanished. Since I've long known I have to replace my current camera some time this year, this could very easily turn out to be a very expensive Saturday, as I will also have to replace my lenses if I change to mirrorless, but I would have to do the same if I changed brands.
          I have read a good review about it. What is your actual camera?

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
          Status over the last 18 hours in Copenhagen: Two bystanders murdered, five police officers wounded and then finally the suspected shooter killed by police. It's a mad, mad world.
          Really mad, and sometimes absurd.

Comment

I will admit that I generally avoid watching/reading the news like the plague. Things like this make me sad, especially because generally other stupid things get most of the time of the news, and things like this that people actually need to hear about get buried.

Hope you are all having good weekends. I took Friday off (because I desperately needed to) and have tomorrow off with the kids (Presidents' Day here, so no school). Though I know there will be a ton of work waiting when I go back online Tuesday, and I really do need the hours at my internship, I needed the time off more.

Only bad part- three migraines so far this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
              I have read a good review about it. What is your actual camera?.
              I have an Olympus E-620, but have for a long time wanted to upgrade. It's not for sale yet, next week, but I'll have to have a good long talk with the treasurer (me) before deciding if throwing 3-4,000 Euros after a new toy is OK. Hmmm . . .

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
              I took Friday off (because I desperately needed to) and have tomorrow off with the kids (Presidents' Day here, so no school).
              Only bad part- three migraines so far this weekend.
              I hope you enjoyed your work- and kid-free Friday. But I'm sorry to hear about your migraines

Comment

I have an Olympus E-620, but have for a long time wanted to upgrade. It's not for sale yet, next week, but I'll have to have a good long talk with the treasurer (me) before deciding if throwing 3-4,000 Euros after a new toy is OK. Hmmm . . .
                I ORDER you to buy that toy!. There, now you have no choice.

Comment

Good one, if you have the money, why not? I took a look to your flickr account, and liked a lot your photos, I'm sure you'll make a good use of the new toy.

Comment

• Ohh, you tempt me I c-o-u-l-d find the money, but I'd have to dig deep and say no to other things I would want to do. I'll decide by the end of the week.

Comment

• ^You have to think about time too, you'll use it during a long time, it's not like spending money in a meal, you'll enjoy it for years, it's a good inversion. If you think it's the better option....
                      Last edited by Maya; 02-16-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I hope you enjoyed your work- and kid-free Friday. But I'm sorry to hear about your migraines
                        It was a good day, and the migraines seem to be tapering off. Just some residual headaches today. It was a pretty relaxing day. I did NOTHING AT ALL!

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                        Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                        I ORDER you to buy that toy!. There, now you have no choice.
                        Originally posted by Maya View Post
                        ^You have to think about time too, you'll use it during a long time, it's not like spending money in a meal, you'll enjoy it for years, it's a good inversion. If you think it's the better option....

If it is something you enjoy doing, and that you spend lots of time doing (which it seems as though you do) then you may as well invest in proper tools for it. As long as you've done the proper research and figured out what you want and if it's cost effective for the thing it is (which as little as I know about cameras, it seems reasonable for a really good one)...GO FOR IT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                          It was a good day, and the migraines seem to be tapering off. Just some residual headaches today. It was a pretty relaxing day. I did NOTHING AT ALL!

;D That's great, do you have treatment for the migraines?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                            ;D That's great, do you have treatment for the migraines?
                            I used to, but the last med I was on for them had pretty horrible side effects. I don't have them as often as I used to, so I quit taking the preventive meds. They weren't really doing anything to prevent them, I still got the headaches. Now I just take like Advil Migraine and try to lay down in a dark, quiet room. Usually if I can sleep they will go away. It's only every few months that I get one that lasts more than a day or so, or when I have more than one or two a month.

This weekend was bad, but not how they usually are these days.

Comment

• My sister have migraines too, I hope they disappear or you have less than now.

Comment

• They have started creeping back the last year or so. Usually one or two a month at this point. About ten years ago, I was averaging 19 a month. More days with a migraine than without. As bad as they are, I'm still ok with where I am now compared to where I was then.

More than likely the recent increase is probably lots to do with massive amounts of stress and lack of any real exercise. Plus crappy student/busy mom diet.

Someday I hope to be healthy again.

Comment

Working...
                                X