Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

They might release it in the late spring as a carrot / publicity act for their upcoming tour. Maybe they won't even sell the DVD afterwards, but I surely hope they do. Or maybe, very maybe, they will give you the option to buy a deluxe pack containing the new album and the DVD, but I think that's highly unlikely.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

There is no way they would not sell the show on DVD. The cinema release will be limited from what I gather so most money made from the project would come from DVD/Blu-ray sales.

Putting the new album and DVD together is very unlikely. These would be 2 major releases and the label would not combine them as there would be a loss of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    There is no way they would not sell the show on DVD. The cinema release will be limited from what I gather so most money made from the project would come from DVD/Blu-ray sales.
    Agree. The only cinema-release only I can see is the Carl Hardt film if he's quoted correctly, that seems to be his goal over the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    Putting the new album and DVD together is very unlikely. These would be 2 major releases and the label would not combine them as there would be a loss of profit.
    Unless they cannot come up with enough new material and will add a bonus audio-disk with whatever new songs the have ready

Well, for me the best that could happen is Rammstein: Paris during this spring and album in winter 2017/spring 2018. Would also love to seeChrisss analyse the film in details

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Chopin View Post
    Well, for me the best that could happen is Rammstein: Paris during this spring and album in winter 2017/spring 2018. Would also love to seeChrisss analyse the film in details
    Thank you for the shout-out! I will certainley write a review for "Rammstein: Paris".

However, I doubt I will really have as much of a bone to pick with that movie, as I did with "Live aus Madison Square Garden". Long before "Rammstein in Amerika" was released, I read about fans which both went to the Montreal and New York concert in 2010, and were suprised about the fact that there were more cameras in Montreal than in New York. Based on that I suspected that the movie would include more Montreal footage than from New York. When the movie came out, I wrote long (and annoying) pieces about it and how I also felt that due to some sound malfunctions the audio was probably mostly redubbed as well.

To make it clear, I really like "Live aus Madison Square Garden", but I also think that both the "Live" and "Madison Square Garden"-part of the title is a little inappropriate.

As for a little piece of news:

The "rammstein-paris.com"-website is no longer redirecting visitors to "rammstein.de". Instead, a caption appears that says "neue Domain" (new Domain). Something similar happened with the "Skills in Pills"-website last year, so maybe things are moving again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
    To make it clear, I really like "Live aus Madison Square Garden", but I also think that both the "Live" and "Madison Square Garden"-part of the title is a little inappropriate.
    So, that leaves the title Rammstein: Aus . That actually sounds good, with a reference to Sonne
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Well, even the Beatles used overdubbing for their concert film The Beatles at Shea Stadium: https://www.beatlesbible.com/1966/01...-shea-stadium/

I kinda like that, overdubbing and similar things, fixing the mistakes etc. And it helps it sound better, but for me the problem in Live from Madison Square Garden is using a lot of Montreal stuff, both in audio and video department. In the end the film looks great and I love it, but it would be better if the Montreal footage was used only to fix the New York footage. The most obvious part is "Keine Lust", with Till randomly appearing on sides of the stage wearing hairnet.

I agree Rocky, but sometimes you have to accept it and enjoy it for what it is, a great show.

People are speculating that an announcement is coming very soon. I think this makes sense if we're looking at a Spring release. I'm guessing March/April.

So... some cinemas put advertisements online for Rammstein: Paris, like this one: http://vancouver.carpediem.cd/events...e-rio-theatre/

RAMMSTEIN: PARIS is a one-night-only cinematic event taking place around the world on Thursday, March 23.
    Liking this part