Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

Hopefully we get the teaser trailer soon. We've waited long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    Hopefully we get the teaser trailer soon. We've waited long enough!
    i wouldn't be surprised if it is gonna be delayed again

Quote Originally Posted by The Chaser View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if it is gonna be delayed again
    Since there's never been an official release date, we cannot really talk about a delay

Somehow you are right, but i think we can still discuss this even if there is no official date announced. First it was 24 November... And since its getting closer and closer, i have a feeling the upcoming DVD will be the subject of at least one question of the next interview with one of them.

I am guessing March or April is their planned release, and the announcment will come in the following weeks. The summer is not a good place to release a concertfilm like this, since most cinemas won't have slots open due to big summer blockbusters. Last we heard something about a release date, was when the cinema in Cologne reported the film would be released in the spring of 2017.

As for the involvment of Åkerlund and the band, RZK said in an interview last summer that "Rammstein in Amerika" was finished quite a while ago, and all the band and the director needed to do was wait for the studio and managment to have premier date, which the band would attend to. So the fact that Åkerlund is currently working on a movie, and the band is working on an album, shouldn't mean anything.

As for the running time of 98 minutes. I am guessing they will shorten the intro, outro and the pauses between the songs and the encore, in order to make the film shorter. For the theatrical version they will probably remove songs like: "Keine Lust", "Links 2,3,4", "Engel" and maybe "Feuer Frei", because these songs have already been featured in "Live aus Madison Square Garden" and had pretty similar performances in both shows. Maybe the will remove "Mann gegen Mann" because it doesn't have any effects.

As for the animation credits seen on IMDB, I guess there could be a couple of explanations. They probably will do some color correction and maybe have some animation for the intro (3d letters or something like that). Other then that, they might want to fix some continuety errors. If for instance Flake once again took his shirt of during one of the shows, and the footage doesn't mix up, they might be able fix that with animation (for wide angle shots only though, close-ups would be to expensive). However I have no clue about the bird animation. I literally cannot come up with a single reason why you need birds for a concertfilm.

For the theatre-version of MSG, they skipped a couple of numbers (though I cannot now remember which) to get down to normal feature-length. They might want to do so again, so to keep some interest in the DVD/Blue-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose View Post
    For the theatre-version of MSG, they skipped a couple of numbers (though I cannot now remember which) to get down to normal feature-length. They might want to do so again, so to keep some interest in the DVD/Blue-ray.
    The tracklist of theatrical cut of Live From Madison Square Garden is:

01. Rammlied
    02. B********
    03. Weisses Fleisch
    04. Wiener Blut
    05. Frühling In Paris
    06. Ich Tu Dir Weh
    07. Benzin
    08. Du Hast
    09. Sonne
    10. Ich Will
    11. Pussy

They could've put audio at least on online services though
    Last edited by Rocky Chopin; 01-07-2017 at 10:54 PM.

^So they left out:
    Weidmans Heil
    KeineLust
    Feuer Frei
    DRSG
    Links 234
    Haifisch
    Engel

I don't remember it being that many, but the theatre version were much shorter, the documentary were much shorter as well. But is was great to see it on the big screen

Hmmm that's an odd selection of songs to leave out from it. Not that it matters now of course. We actually have that DVD lol

I can't believe we still haven't had an official word on 'Paris' yet. Within the next 4 months the band will be busy preparing for the 2017 Summer shows so this project really needs to get a move on unless they've decided to wait until Autumn.. which would be utterly crazy!