Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The film was much better than I thought. Not perfect by any means, but definitely worth watching.

The fast editing was annoying at few times, but not all the time and sometimes it even looked quite good. The editing also had some errors time to time, like band members switching to different spot at the stage in one second. Again, annoyed a few times, but didn't ruin the whole experience.

The special effects were okay. Maybe if I didn't know about them beforehand, I would have been negatively suprised. But now when I knew what to expect, they didn't bother. The audio special effects I actually liked, for example the sounds of flames bursting made them feel more epic.

The biggest disappointment was the tracklist. I'd have liked if they hadn't dropped the basic hits like Ich tu dir weh, Links and Ich Will.

I think Rammstein: Paris was definitely a worth-watching concert film and a different kind of experience, but I would like that the DVD/BD-release would be "normal", like In America. The film-versions of some songs could be on a bonus disc for those who like to watch them. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case.. probably the DVD-release will be the same as this film release, with the missing songs included. If someone has different info, please fill me in.

Comment

• welll...i didn't like it. stuff in white below to prevent any spoilers.

far too much arty-farty rubbish as regards visuals. Jonas seems to go for the "why use one angle per second when you can use 20", and some of the stuff just flashes almost subliminally and becomes really annoying. some of the effects are completely ruined - Wollt Ihr... for eg, those flame jets are one of the coolest imagest Ramm have done, and Jonas manages to spoil it all w/ strobe cuts and crap angles so you get about 1/5th of a second of a good view
      he decides to use clever CGI to pointlessly add electricity and demon effects etc ~ ell, that may be cool for a promo vid, but this is a concert vid and i want a good representation of the show, not what you can do w/ Adobe After Effects.
      he decides to mess up visuals by doing kaleidoscope effects,
      there's a good deal of black and white [including an entire song ~ don't walk out as the credits are going down] which just spoils the whole specially-crafted show lighting ambience.
      other songs are spoiled by having big ghost images overlaid, obscuring what's going on onstage.
      there are some cool hyper-slowmo shots, but too little is too good for me.

so, frankly this is not even in the same ballpark as Ramms+ein America, IMO, will not be rushing to buy this at all.

Comment

• ^Wolfie138 and Snake----------------------I can understand the criticism. Like with all Åkerlund & Rammstein projects, this really splits the public. Half like it, the other half hates it. It really seems that polarizing to me. You might remember how I was annoyed that "Live from Madison Square Garden" used so much footage from Montreal, and the fact that much of the audio was redubbed. Despite "Rammstein: Paris" being much more heavily edited and enhanced with effects, I must say that since I expected Åkerlund to do exactley this, I was not suprised or dissapointed. --------------I can see that people would have preferred a more traditional concert-film. However, they went to Åkerlund (a director with much more money and rescources on his hands) and he made some kind of "metal-musical" which consists of 16 music videos. In that regard, I think Åkerlund achieved exactley what he wanted, and I enjoyed it. ----------------------------That being said, I can understand why some people are mad at the editing in songs like "Asche zu Asche", "Ohne Dich", "Mann gegen Mann" and "Engel". Those songs are really just music videos, not concert-recordings.----------------------------------------I do agree with Snake that a lot of the 2016 videoes were really well filmed and recorded. For the next Rammstein concert-film, I would like cinematography and editing like in this "Mein Herz Brennt" video from the Download-festival. That would be the perfect contrast to "Rammstein: Paris".-------------------------------------------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq41Fmw5CGI

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
          The Summer Tour 2016 proshots give me a better visual experience than this concert-film. Hell, there are even multicams on youtube that I think are better edited than this product. Even the multicams that are edited like shit, at least have the redeming quality of not throwing stupid CGI bullshit into the screen. Ackerlund managed to completely make the least out of some awesomely recorded shots. All those quick cuts were jarring as fuck to me, and the visual effects are only effective at making me perform a face-palm. RiA also suffers from unecessary fast editing, but at least they had the excuse of not having the same stellar level of cinematography that was available out of Bercy 2012. I wish I could say that at least the sound mixing was awesome, but the theater I was in had mediocre sound quality, so I can't pass judment on that yet. Well, at least it was neat to see the band on a big-screen.
          yep, some of the efforts on Youtube from Rammclan, SeidBereit and Starf**cker are fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie138 View Post

there's a good deal of black and white [including an entire song ~ don't walk out as the credits are going down] which just spoils the whole specially-crafted show lighting ambience.
            For the sake of fairness:
            The song you are talking about was one that it wasn't part of the standard setlist for the tour, so they did not had any lightshow effects for it, so the black-and-white is not ruining anything and actually makes the performance more interesting

Other than that, I totally agree with the rest of your thoughts.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• And all versions can now be pre-ordered: https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...D-Blu-Ray.html
              And yes: I'm a fan-girl, I ordered the Metal Fan Edition

Attached Files

Comment

• After what I read and what I saw, I thought I wouldn't like it. There are some effects I don't like, and some parts are annoying but I love others and in general I like it and watching it in the cinema was amazing, I would like to see it again. A pity we couldn't watch RiA on the big screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                  And all versions can now be pre-ordered: https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...D-Blu-Ray.html
                  And yes: I'm a fan-girl, I ordered the Metal Fan Edition

I'll wait for amazon.es

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                    I'll wait for amazon.es
                    It was cheaper on Rammshop than on Amazon.de 39 vs. 50 EUR, so check it out before you order

Comment

• mmm I will, but in Rammstein shop I have to add 10€ for shipping and packaging fees, and I've got a premium account in amazon.es so usually it's cheaper.

Comment

• Shared on Rammstein Official Youtube Channel

Originally posted by RAMMSTEIN

After being successfully shown in movie houses in 46 countries, “RAMMSTEIN: PARIS” will be released as a director’s cut on DVD, Blu-ray, CD and Vinyl, as well as digitally. Presales already start today: Friday, March 24, 2017!

The “Made in Germany 1995–2011” tour that Rammstein went on in November 2011 was a monumental undertaking. With 78 concerts in Europe and 21 in North America, baggage included a 24-meter-wide steel stage that was 15 meters high, 100 loudspeakers, a 380,000-watt sound system, 25 trucks and 125 crew members.

If you make a film about a tour like this, there’s no such thing as thinking too big. That’s also the main reason why “RAMMSTEIN: PARIS” is only coming to cinemas and Blu-ray players a good four years after the Paris concerts it was filmed at in March 2012. Director Jonas Åkerlund did everything he could to portray the band’s performance as accurately as possible when he made the film.

With 22 songs from the band’s whole repertoire, the resulting film isn’t just the most spectacular concert film to date about the band that is currently the most successful German rock band – it’s a masterpiece of music cinema! A total tapestry of ever-changing images awaits the viewer.

Åkerlund is notorious for his radical, pioneering videos, which are ablaze with all kinds of unique, idiosyncratic details, shifting perspectives, shocking contrasts, and moments that leave the viewer dizzy with delight – in “RAMMSTEIN: PARIS” he celebrates this from the very first minute. Rammstein performs 22 songs (128 min.) in the film, ranging from “Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?,” which is the first song from their very first record, to “Frühling in Paris” from their latest studio album, Liebe ist für alle da.

“RAMMSTEIN: PARIS” will be released on the following formats:

LTD. “METAL” FAN EDITION: 2 x CD + Blu-Ray (laser-cut metal plate cover artwork)
                        SPECIAL EDITION: 2 x CD + Blu-Ray or DVD (8 Panel Digi-Pak)
                        DELUXE BOX Set: 4 x Vinyl + 2 x CD + Blu-Ray (Black cardboard box, 4 blue 180g vinyl LP’s)
                        STANDARD EDITION: Blu-Ray (6 Panel Digi-Pak)
                        STANDARD EDITION: DVD (6 Panel Digi-Pak)
                        AUDIO-CD: 2 x CD (8 Panel Digi-Pak)
                        DIGITAL: Download + Audio Streaming

Comment

• ^Hmm, didn't see the movie yet, but this clip looks nice. In the beginning the constant change of angle annoyed me, but later on it didn't anymore. However I'm afraid for something I highlighted months ago about this tour: it all looks very dark. The stage was sometimes hardly lighted, which wasn't a problem seeing them in real life with the naked eye, but on every television pro-shot, even this clip of WIDBIFS, it's often hard to see anything but figures in shadows and white lights. I think I will buy the DVD (CD anyways, the performance sounds great!), but I hope that I'm mistaken that - when it comes to lighting - this tour wasn't the best choice for a DVD.
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^Don't worry about it being dark. There's so many close-ups and details you wont have to try and see what's lurking in the shadows.

Comment

• ^Waidmann.-----------------------------The color filtering is more extreme than in "Live from Madison Square Garden". Only "Mein Teil", "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?", "Keine Lust" and "Asche zu Asche" have very low brightness level, but I never felt that the picture was hard to recognize. Aside from that, each song looks very unique.

Comment

• A cute mistake in latest Rammstein's newsletter XD
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X