Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

Serious question.. *IF* there is a big backlash from this film.. (and yes we should keep positive for now) will it see the band avoiding working with Jonas in the future on music videos? Rammstein live releases have always been a big deal (and this one was very expensive) and if the fan reception towards this is bad will it make the band think twice about using him again for projects?

^I doubt that will be the reaction. It seems that Rammstein don't really care much about reception, with the exception of their live show and concerts. At least that's what they claim, and that's how it appears. I do think that the band likes Åkerlund regardless. Not everyone liked the "Pussy" and "Mein Land" video, but the band still tried to hire him as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    Meh I've always struggled to get on board with the Nimes film. Half the footage is from Birmingham (and looks better, not the crowd but camera quality) and overall the audio was a bit weak. Till's voice was suffering by that point of the tour. I'll always prefer the Brixton 2005 footage/audio.. but I'm biast as I was there
    Not half of the footage is form Birmingham! From Reise, reise to Morgenstern less than half is from Birmingham (5 shots per song, give or take) and after Du Riechst so gut, which cuts the show in half more or less, there's only a small amount of footage that's not from Nīmes (and Rammstein, Sonne and Stripped have only Nīmes footage).

I don't think Till had his best night either, but I still very much like the performance he put down that show. I like the flaws and tiredness in this case, it adds to the effect somehow.
    No complaints whatsoever about the audio, but I hear some people do.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Quote Originally Posted by Waidmann View Post
    Not half of the footage is form Birmingham! From Reise, reise to Morgenstern less than half is from Birmingham (5 shots per song, give or take) and after Du Riechst so gut, which cuts the show in half more or less, there's only a small amount of footage that's not from Nīmes (and Rammstein, Sonne and Stripped have only Nīmes footage).

I don't think Till had his best night either, but I still very much like the performance he put down that show. I like the flaws and tiredness in this case, it adds to the effect somehow.
    No complaints whatsoever about the audio, but I hear some people do.
    What Birmingham concert was that then? Because I've been to three concerts in Birmingham over the years, and I'm wondering if maybe there are clips from one of the ones I was at?
    May 16th 2002 - Docklands Arena, London
    July 15th 2005 - NEC Arena, Birmingham
    February 3rd 2010 - LG Arena, Birmingham
    february 25th 2012 - LG Arena, Birmingham
    June 16th 2013 - Download festival, Donington

Quote Originally Posted by I Hurt You View Post
    What Birmingham concert was that then? Because I've been to three concerts in Birmingham over the years, and I'm wondering if maybe there are clips from one of the ones I was at?
    Birmingham 2005 July I think

Right now is the premiere at Volksbühne Berlin. Maybe someone will write a few things about the whole thing. Or we don't want spoilers?

Just read in a comment on Rammstein's FB-page that the DVD will be released in Europe on March 31. Anyone else know anything about this? It's still not on pre-order from Amazon.de, and they usually are the first to have that. The information seems to come from the Argentinian fan-page.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose View Post
    Just read in a comment on Rammstein's FB-page that the DVD will be released in Europe on March 31. Anyone else know anything about this? It's still not on pre-order from Amazon.de, and they usually are the first to have that. The information seems to come from the Argentinian fan-page.
    I think it would be early to release the DVD then. Maybe an announcement on that day, after the screenings are over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose View Post
    Which one? i can't find it.