Top 5 Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Bands

What's your top 5 of bands? Seems like a fun read . Mine is very subject to change of course:

1. Rammstein
    2. Guns N' Roses
    3. Iron Maiden
    4. Slipknot
    5. Bumblefoot

Places 3 - 5 often change; sometimes bands like In Extremo, Ost+Front, Dalriada etc. reach the top, sometimes others.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Hmm. This soooooooo depends on my mood. I will give the current 5 in my usual playlist...

1. Rammstein
    2. Eisbrecher
    3. Megaherz
    4. Emigrate
    5. Unheilig

Also included in the mix are Samael, Lindemann, Halestorm, Shinedown, Linkin Park, Tool, Motörhead...and others....mostly it depends on mood as I said. Some days more upbeat, some days harder.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-25-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Never heard of Unheilig. I'll look into them. Thx for replying!

Seems like you don't really listen much to quiet music if I see it like that .
      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

I have a hard time finding my top 5, normally it's just a few songs from this and then a few songs from that artist, depending on mood, I'm a terror to listen to music with, as I switch constantly. But here goes:

1: Rammstein - naturally and unchanging
        2: Eisbrecher or Lindemann - equally
        3: Metallica - though not the latest CD's
        4: Rolling Stones - currently Exile on Main Street is on heavy rotation on my turntable
        5: Led Zeppelin

Besides this I listen to old blues, r'n'b, Leonard Cohen pops in now and then so does Macy Grey, and occasionally when I want to relax some Gregorian chant! But Nazareth, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple etc. are also on the list, Guns n Roses, Appetite and Illusion era and I could go on.

Comment

My current top five. I say current because I'm just like The Rose and Emerald rose in that it changes depending on my mood.

1: Rammstein
          2: Die Prinzen
          3: Disturbed
          4: Camel
          5: Theory of a Dead Man

Lately I've listened to a lot of David Bowie with more than the odd tear in my eyes, Lamb of God, Breed 77, Tangerine Dream, Deep Purple, Machine Head, Mike Oldfield and Kitaro.

Comment

^Wth, you're a big fan of Die Prinzen as well ? Hahaha, I really love those guys, though I never say that to many of my friends because they just wouldn't understand XD.

Disturbed is great as well. I'd love to see them live once, that must be awesome.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

1. Rammstein
              2. Lindemann
              3. System of a Down
              4. Laibach
              5. Divlje jagode

Divlje jagode (Wild Strawberries) is a rock band from Bosnia, that I really love. Their leader Zele recently got Tony Martin (ex-Black Sabbath) to sing on his solo album. Of course, there are many other bands and artists I listen to, mostly playing music similar to those on the list. Electronic music finds its place on my playlist very often too.

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                Never heard of Unheilig. I'll look into them. Thx for replying!

Seems like you don't really listen much to quiet music if I see it like that .
                I really like Unheilig, they're very good. I should add Stoneman to the list somewhere as well...

Does it count as quiet music if I have the volume low because I'm working? If not...then no I guess not

Today in order of appearance: Eisbrecher, All of my Rammstein library, Emigrate....and then random shuffle...

actually...first was GhostBC that my husband was listening to...
                Last edited by EmeraldRose; 02-04-2016, 03:10 AM. Reason: Today's list

Comment

@Waidmann. Yes I love Die Prinzen too. They're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me I suppose, but they are funny and heart warming, and their lyrics are extremely clever "Frauen sind die neuen manner", aint that the fucking truth! I've seen Disturbed a few times live and if you get the chance you should too man, because they are just as you said, awesome!

Comment

^Haha, I know! Even stupid songs like Jim Knopf or Mann in Mond (a really epic sing a long though!) can be in my head for days! It's indeed very well put with much subtle (self-)criticism, not very unlike Rammstein, though they keep it lighter, less dark and somewhat more proper. I want to see them live too once, but than I'll really have to go to Germany.

Disturbed might work this spring or summer, I'll really try to make it work.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^Funny about Disturbed, many of my very non-metal friends, have recently been busy sharing their version of the old Simon and Garfunkel song Sounds of Silence on Facebook, and seem to be annoyed when I tease them about going abeshit over a metal-band

Comment

Remarkable that Lindemann, less than a year after their first release, with only 12 songs known of them already reaches peoples top 5 here .

@EmeraldRose: Listened to Unheilig in the meanwhile. Nice, but often very melancholic I must say. They seem to have some heavier work too, but I didn't manage to find them yet.

Keep your top 5s coming, people ! It's not a strict thing, it won't put a stigma on you, just fun to know what things you're into right now at the top of your head.
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^melancholic is a good description. I really like them as a counterpoint to mother favorites

Comment

Working...
                          X