Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

In Amerika: next Rammstein DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake View Post
    They have a proven record of having reliable sources (which they never disclose).
    Proven record of having reliable sources? And what might that be if I may ask?
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

^They knew beforehand when new MIG tour dates would be announced by the official site. They also knew beforehand about 4 tour dates in France in 2013.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
        ^They knew beforehand when new MIG tour dates would be announced by the official site. They also knew beforehand about 4 tour dates in France in 2013.
        That was shortly before the actual event, and the second they could have got from the local promoters. But announcing something a year in advance, is guess-work in my opinion, even though they are very likely to guess right.

But when it happens, remember I guessed it too

Comment

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
          That was shortly before the actual event, and the second they could have got from the local promoters. But announcing something a year in advance, is guess-work in my opinion, even though they are very likely to guess right.
          Agreed, that's just knowing local promotors or people from the venues. I for instance knew about the upcoming Antwerp gig even before a Lifad-tour was announced. Nope, that doesn't convince they have inside info, though it does show that they keep their heads up and know something as soon as it's somewhere out there.
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

"Ich tu dir Weh" live video is officially released on Rammstein's Youtube channel!

Comment

"Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^nice vid, better than the already good Rammlied one! Would surprise me though if there was a security guard present at the gig with the french word "sécurité" on his back. I would expect that more in Montreal.
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Four more weeks of impatiently waiting

Comment

With Rammstein is always The same....

Comment

"Rammstein - In Amerika" will get a theatrical premier in selected Cinestar theatres on the 24th of September in Germany. Here is the source.

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                      And what he doesn't know, he makes up
                      Look, I never claimed that everything that I write is true. Of course I constantley do f*ck ups and jump too quickly to conclusions (for instance my theory on the 2016 tour). But most of all I have my fair share of embarrising moments in which I get stuff mixed up or show my lack of common knowledge (Dalai Lama in Tibet, Till's grey hair etc.). Let's also not forget that I have used something as unreliable as a comment on Facebook or stupid rumors as sources for info. If annyone finds this stuff annoying then I apologize. I have promised to be more careful in the past, and I intend to follow that.

However, I can promise with my hand on my crotch that I never here on Affenknecht simply made stuff up in order to "appear" a certain way or to get some reputation. This is a mostly anonymous community so why even bother. I think all of you members around here are great and friendly (as long as you are not craving Waidmann's username), so if I did anything stupid please don't be afraid to mention it.
                      Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 09-02-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

^It was just a little poke on your ability to make a long story out of one word. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just very enthusiastic. I certainly didn't mean to offend you. Don't stop, mostly I find it entertaining

Comment

There is a new interview with Peter about Lindemann and future plans, check it out.
                          Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

Dang, too bad it's only going to be in German theatres; I'd really like to see Rammstein in a movie theatre (once saw the big 4 on and Iron Maiden on big screen, and with Rammstein it's definetly going to be even better).

Thx for the heads up, Chrisss! And indeed don't hesitate in the future to share your info and analysis with us .
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^@TheRose
                              Don't worry. No offense was taken. I guess I took your statment just a little too seriously. I was only worried that I in some way came off as annoying.

@Waidmann
                              It's good to see that Rammstein are thinking quite modern by giving this title a "collective release".

While streaming and piracy have caused some challenges for the movie industry, many theatres around the world report that it has hardly effected cinemas themselves. In other words, big productions still profit by giving their movies big theatrical releases, and then waiting 3-5 months before releasing it for home entertaiment and renting.

However smaller productions can often suffer. If they are populare, people want to see them. Only problem is that these movies sometimes only get shown in a small number of theatres in a few countries. Because they are not available for many people across the world, people feel that downloading/streaming it online is the only way to see it (if you are not ok with waiting a few months for the DVD to come). This doesn't always happen, but it's a risk.

"Collective release" according to many people can prevent this. When you release your movie on all platforms roughly around the same time, it becomes more available. The movie "Super" was able to make huge profit by using this method of release. Although many of you not living in Germany would have loved to see it in cinemas, I suppose you don't feel the need to download it illegaly now that it's going to be released internationally on DVD/Blu-ray only a day later. I think this was very smart and modern thinking, espacially since Rammstein's fanbase is so spread.

In my opinion they could even take it further by making the "Rammstein - In Amerika" documentary available for video-on-demand (iTunes, Amazon sooner or later Netflix), but I can understand that this is more debatable.
                              Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 09-02-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Back in the 70's/80's in the glorious days of vinyl, (god I love vinyl!), we had albums with stickers saying 'Home taping is killing music', but it was bollocks. The music industry still made billions, in the same way that the movie industry (as you rightly point out), still make a fortune off movies. The problem now of course is that downloading and streaming of albums really HAS had a major effect on the industry, and this is where I see history repeat itself.
                                Back in the mid 70's there was the punk explosion which was in part a protest at the prima donna bands of the day releasing an album roughly every 3 to 4 years, doing one exclusive interview with a magazine and playing ONE gig, usually at the Knebworth festival, (now known as Sonisphere), and then fucking off for another 3 to 4 years. The result was that bands had to get off their arses and they started to take to the road and gig again but the damage was done. People were pissed off and it took many years for these bands to gain their previous status, and they AGAIN returned to being prima donnas and stayed off the road.
                                Then along came Napster, and this truly WAS the death of music sales. There was nothing old or new that wasn't there for the taking with the click of a mouse. The result of THAT was a proliferation of such sites that brought the industry to it's knees.
                                The movie industry had suffered in the 80's due to falling ticket sales and the video tape revolution but people still loved the whole movie experience, and to be honest, copying video tapes was a pain in the arse, so it never stayed a threat for long and the rise of the multiplex brought families back to the cinema due to the vast choice of movies, whereas before a cinema showed one movie and that was your lot.
                                These days you can download a movie in a matter of minutes but people still love spending what amounts to the annual income of a small country on a bucket of popcorn and a hotdog to feast on while they view the big screen.
                                I kind of would like to see the gig on the big screen but I'll settle for my 50 inch tv and lots of beer.
                                These days very few bands can make a living from CD's alone. They have to tour, and they have to sell merchandise to survive. They again have to get off their arses and work for a living. Is that a good thing? Yes of course it is. Do I download music? Yes of course I do, but if I play an album more than once I buy it. If it's worth listening to it's worth paying for. Just like a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X