No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what ideas people get about "That's my heart". What do you think it's about?
    Die Rammstein Akten.
    The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
    http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

• I've also listened the album a few times through. It still sounds good, it's still a decent 8/10 album, but the more I start to get into the lyrics of the songs, the more I think that Till is going through some MAJOR mid-age crisis, because the stories behind the songs are mostly plain stupid and immature. I like the sound of Ladyboy and Fat and Golden Shower, but those lyrics are something that a teenager who wants to shock his parents would write, not something I'd expect from a adult musician who also is a poet. And in addition to the lame lyrics, the topics of the songs also feel very, very forced to create shock value. In one album, we have songs about sexual fetishes for transsexuals, for obese women and for peeing. Not very clever nor peculiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
        I've also listened the album a few times through. It still sounds good, it's still a decent 8/10 album, but the more I start to get into the lyrics of the songs, the more I think that Till is going through some MAJOR mid-age crisis, because the stories behind the songs are mostly plain stupid and immature. I like the sound of Ladyboy and Fat and Golden Shower, but those lyrics are something that a teenager who wants to shock his parents would write, not something I'd expect from a adult musician who also is a poet. And in addition to the lame lyrics, the topics of the songs also feel very, very forced to create shock value. In one album, we have songs about sexual fetishes for transsexuals, for obese women and for peeing. Not very clever nor peculiar.
        Yeah, I kind of have to agree with you. I know that this is not hugely different than his lyrics for Rammstein, and it isn't even that it's in English and I don't have to go to the effort of looking up the lyrics. Although, honestly, I enjoy looking up the lyrics and trying to figure it out. It makes me happy when a phrase or word sticks in my head and then I "know" what it means without having to translate it first...it starts to be sort of automatic.

But with Lindemann...I LOVE the sound! Absolutely love the sound of Peter's music with Till's voice. And if I'm not really paying attention that's great because it is truly beautiful. But I can't just blast it all in one go when my kids are home. On shuffle it's fine, it sort of just merges in with my other music no problem. But I can't just listen to this album over and over and over all day until I know it by heart. And that annoys me.

I understand the jokes or whatever. I get the reason for writing sort of whatever you want and to hell with anyone who says different. But there's a limit to the number of pee jokes/sex with fat women/all the women/whatever/shocking lyrics just to shock. I agree it seems a bit much for one album.

It'd be much easier if I didn't have kids who ask lots of questions.

Like my 4 year old who has decided he LOVES to run around singing "We're all living in Amerika! Amerika! It's wunderbar!" or "Shock! Shock my system!" Which is close enough that he doesn't even realize it's in German.

So, I haven't really listened closely enough to be able to give a good review yet. Musically I love it and give it a 9/10 (still very Pain-like)...I will need to have time without the kids home to really listen to the lyrics and everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
          I've also listened the album a few times through. It still sounds good, it's still a decent 8/10 album, but the more I start to get into the lyrics of the songs, the more I think that Till is going through some MAJOR mid-age crisis, because the stories behind the songs are mostly plain stupid and immature. I like the sound of Ladyboy and Fat and Golden Shower, but those lyrics are something that a teenager who wants to shock his parents would write, not something I'd expect from a adult musician who also is a poet. And in addition to the lame lyrics, the topics of the songs also feel very, very forced to create shock value. In one album, we have songs about sexual fetishes for transsexuals, for obese women and for peeing. Not very clever nor peculiar.
          I strongly believe Till has been suffering from a mid-life crisis at least since 2009, judging from songs like Pussy and the whole thing with piercings in his face. The lyrics of this album are a result of snow ball effect that I am convinced started at least since the beginning of the LIFAD era, so even though I agree with you, I was not at all surprised by what the lyrics turn out to be. Hopefully, now that he took this out of his system, the next Rammstein album is going to take the band back to what Rammstein actually is.

Additionally, I believe that the lyrics for Silent So Long are also a sign of a mid-life crisis for RZK, which I also suspect started by the same period as Till's.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^That's a really good point. Even though RXK's lyrics weren't quite the sex slap in the face, many of the songs were pretty clearly sex related. They are at that point in their lives...

Comment

• Another interview for Metal Obsession

http://www.metalobsession.net/2015/0...eter-tagtgren/

Comment

• For ages there has been this big discussion in literature about the work and the author. And I must say it's many decades ago since anyone thought it was legit to judge the author upon the fiction he writes. And I understand why. If I would write songs or literature, it would be about murder, fantasy, supernatural things although those things have close to nothing to do with my normal life. They do intrigue me / interest me to some extend, but it would be wildly exaggerated to say I'm obsessed with them or even constantly think about them. It's just art, it's a creation, not a mirror. In that respect, I think we're not at all able to judge Till upon what he writes. He plays a role, like on stage. I don't say nothing personal or from his environment comes through, but concluding he might have some midlife-crisis... I think we have often seen in interviews that Till isn't at all the person in the music or on stage, even far from it.
                Last edited by Waidmann; 06-26-2015, 12:06 PM.
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Comment

• Excellent post Waidmann.

Comment

• I will give my opinions on the songs another time, but what I will say now is that I have never heard Till actually sing so much on any R+ album. There are some tongue in cheek pussy style songs I will agree, but he sounds like he truly loved doing this project. I wasn't expecting to like this album but it delivered so much.

Comment

• Home Sweet Home came on the shuffle in my office this morning and my 6 year (who was on the laptop before going to school) said "This is a really good song. I like this song!"

I had to agree.

Comment

• This interview is pretty interesting: http://maniacsau.tumblr.com/post/122...mann-interview

Here, Till describes the meaning behind each track of SiP. I think it is useful for what External was asking about some days ago.
                          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^It's much the same as has been said in earlier interviews, only shortened down and in order.

Comment

• Great! Thanks for sharing.
                              sigpic
                              Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

• Interesting interview.

It's funny how he wants to skip questions about Golden Shower himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X