Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the wait is going to be pretty horrible and forever, but at least we can hope to have brand new material when they get done. We know it will be good, whatever it is....and honestly, I think most of us (except Snake) will be happy with whatever they give us.

At least there will be new Emigrate, and maybe we will hear some things from the others in the meantime. And if we get a new live DVD for the holidays, even better!

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
      ....and honestly, I think most of us (except Snake) will be happy with whatever they give us.
      Being happy with whatever they throw at us regardless of quality is a trait of fanboys/girls.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^ Assuming these six men will give us low quality music is just you being you. Given the perfectionist traits of the band members and the fact that they will do it until they have it right. It isn't up to them to create art that you accept as quality. It is up to them to create.

While there are songs I prefer over others, as well as songs I may personally just not like, it was never the responsibility of Rammstein to cater to my musical tastes. I chose to like their music and become a fan. I know they will not turn out something they would be embarrassed by, so regardless of what you or I think of any of their other music, I will still buy whatever they put out, secure in the knowledge that it will be "good".

And yes, I will be happy with it. ;-) Because honestly, I don't care whether you label me a fangirl or not.

*pokes Snake with the Snake-Poking-Stick*

Comment

I'm very sure Rammstein only releases stuff they are happy with themselves (Pussy may be the exception) and don't play into "the fans will probably like it", and for that I respect them. I expect them to provoke me and thrill me and give me something I'll like. After all that's why I became a fan in the first place.

And even sourpusses will like it *Borrows the Snake-Poking-Stik and pokes away

Comment

^ Assuming these six men will give us low quality music is just you being you. Given the perfectionist traits of the band members and the fact that they will do it until they have it right. It isn't up to them to create art that you accept as quality. It is up to them to create.
            Then how do you explain the existence of Pussy? Do you really think of such song as a high quality song over a cheap (but effective) publicity stunt? If they are the perfectionist you claim, how do you explain LIFAD? That album is automatically flawed by the fact that it contains the Pussy track.

While there are songs I prefer over others, as well as songs I may personally just not like, it was never the responsibility of Rammstein to cater to my musical tastes. I chose to like their music and become a fan. I know they will not turn out something they would be embarrassed by, so regardless of what you or I think of any of their other music, I will still buy whatever they put out, secure in the knowledge that it will be "good".
            The problem is, LIFAD feels like a (successful) attempt to catter to as much of a broad audience as possible in lue of a work of art spawned by the band's genuine artistic view. The type of albuns that actually depict the band's genuine artistic view are albuns like Reise Reise, and most receantly the MHB piano version. These 2 releases do not catter at all to my personal tastes, but at least I am able to respect them as genuine art.

And yes, I will be happy with it. ;-) Because honestly, I don't care whether you label me a fangirl or not.
            I will only be able to tell whether or not you are a fangirl when they release their next album. However, given that you like Emigrate so much, I am inclined to believe that you are indeed a fangirl.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
              I will only be able to tell whether or not you are a fangirl when they release their next album. However, given that you like Emigrate so much, I am inclined to believe that you are indeed a fangirl.
              This kind of comments get on my nerves, I find them free and disrespectful. You should open your mind, people like different things than you, and that doesn't mean anything.
              Last edited by Maya; 08-18-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Then how do you explain the existence of Pussy? Do you really think of such song as a high quality song over a cheap (but effective) publicity stunt? If they are the perfectionist you claim, how do you explain LIFAD? That album is automatically flawed by the fact that it contains the Pussy track.
                Why do I need to explain what the band includes on its albums? Again, you are putting your personal dislike for one song into all the music on an entire album. Of course it was a publicity stunt. It's hilarious, it's deliberately dirty, and it worked. That was the genius behind it.

The problem is, LIFAD feels like a (successful) attempt to catter to as much of a broad audience as possible in lue of a work of art spawned by the band's genuine artistic view. The type of albuns that actually depict the band's genuine artistic view are albuns like Reise Reise, and most receantly the MHB piano version. These 2 releases do not catter at all to my personal tastes, but at least I am able to respect them as genuine art.
                The band's genius is not that they cater to one audience or another, but that they continue to be successful at provoking argument and thought all across the board. What one fan likes another hates, etc. Whether you respect it or not, it remains art. You so easily dismiss so much just because they deliberately included what is basically a joke, and yet...you still talk/argue about it. So, their point is made.

You persist in attempting to force me to take your point of view. If someone disagrees with Snake, they are clearly stupid/wrong/a fangirl/fanboy and not able to appreciate art or something that they enjoy. I like Emigrate because I like them. I like Rammstein for the same reason. I also like Metallica, Motörhead, Imagine Dragons, Halestorm, Shinedown, and Dethklok. Am I any less a fan or less appreciative of Rammstein for liking something different? Don't be silly.

You use the word like an insult, when in fact I would be very unlikely to run around screaming and acting like a nit just because I see pictures or an interview. I am also not a fairweather fan of either band, and I am very unlikely to disappear just because the band may someday decide to be done. The music will persist and I will always have what I have purchased. Rammstein and Emigrate are not the end of my musical tastes, so don't presume to label me based on your incredibly limited knowledge of me.

Comment

Why do I need to explain what the band includes on its albums? Again, you are putting your personal dislike for one song into all the music on an entire album. Of course it was a publicity stunt. It's hilarious, it's deliberately dirty, and it worked. That was the genius behind it.
                  At this moment, I did not put my personal dislike for one song into all the music on an entire album. I made a claim that Pussy was a publicity stunt thought out to generate buzz around the band while disregarding genuine art (which you did not refuted). If I were to make the same claim solely based on my personal distaste, I would also included Amerika and Te quiero puta. I didn't. And if Pussy is included in an album, because it is a publicity stunt, it makes it flawed as an artistic endeavor. Sure, it does not have to ruin it, but it renders it imperfect and compromised.

The band's genius is not that they cater to one audience or another, but that they continue to be successful at provoking argument and thought all across the board. What one fan likes another hates, etc. Whether you respect it or not, it remains art. You so easily dismiss so much just because they deliberately included what is basically a joke, and yet...you still talk/argue about it. So, their point is made.
                  True, but this does not refute what I said about the album having been crafted to appeal to a broader audience than usual for a Rammstein album. An hard rock/metal audience, but still as broad as possible within those sub-genres.

You persist in attempting to force me to take your point of view. If someone disagrees with Snake, they are clearly stupid/wrong/a fangirl/fanboy and not able to appreciate art or something that they enjoy. I like Emigrate because I like them. I like Rammstein for the same reason. I also like Metallica, Motörhead, Imagine Dragons, Halestorm, Shinedown, and Dethklok. Am I any less a fan or less appreciative of Rammstein for liking something different? Don't be silly.

You use the word like an insult, when in fact I would be very unlikely to run around screaming and acting like a nit just because I see pictures or an interview. I am also not a fairweather fan of either band, and I am very unlikely to disappear just because the band may someday decide to be done. The music will persist and I will always have what I have purchased. Rammstein and Emigrate are not the end of my musical tastes, so don't presume to label me based on your incredibly limited knowledge of me.
                  I never called anybody stupid in this forum. I do admit that I have a strong tendency to clash with people that disagree with me regarding Rammstein, but I seldom insult them or call them stupid. In fact, I think this is one of the rare ocasions where I actually went to far with calling somebody a fangirl, and for that, I apologize.

I do maintain my belief that, had many Rammstein fans heard Emigrate without having a clue that it is RZK's side project, that they would never care about it. And this is something you also can perfectly agree with me, I believe.

And another thing that remains valid is what I said early: if a fan likes everybody that a band puts out just because it is from that band, then we are talking about fanboys.
                  Last edited by Snake; 08-18-2014, 01:45 AM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

At this moment, I did not put my personal dislike for one song into all the music on an entire album. I made a claim that Pussy was a publicity stunt thought out to generate buzz around the band while disregarding genuine art (which you did not refuted). If I were to make the same claim solely based on my personal distaste, I would also included Amerika and Te quiero puta. I didn't. And if Pussy is included in an album, because it is a publicity stunt, it makes it flawed as an artistic endeavor. Sure, it does not have to ruin it, but it renders it imperfect and compromised.

True, but this does not refute what I said about the album having been crafted to appeal to a broader audience than usual for a Rammstein album. An hard rock/metal audience, but still as broad as possible within those sub-genres.
                    Oh indeed, and Te quiero puta is one of the ones I like rather less than others, the same for Amerika. But I think of all three more as attempts simply to provoke and make fun of things the band wanted to make fun of. To me, this doesn't lessen the artistic value of the whole. Art, in my eyes, doesn't need to be perfect. Those imperfections can render the whole more...endearing.

And as far as reaching to a broader audience, what's wrong with that? Many big name artists have done similarly in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. The band is, after all, a business. They have the right to do what they want to make money.

I never called anybody stupid in this forum. I do admit that I have a strong tendency to clash with people that disagree with me regarding Rammstein, but I seldom insult them or call them stupid. In fact, I think this is one of the rare ocasions where I actually went to far with calling somebody a fangirl, and for that, I apologize.
                    *shrugs*

My words, some of them, not putting them into your mouth, but that was how it felt you responded. You have the right to like the songs you like, and I have the same right. Apology accepted.

I do maintain my belief that, had many Rammstein fans heard Emigrate without having a clue that it is RZK's side project, that they would never care about it. And this is something you also can perfectly agree with me, I believe.
                    Oh indeed, I've said as much on the Emigrate thread. Emigrate would not be as successful without Richard's history with Rammstein. It gave him many many more opportunities for success he wouldn't have had otherwise. It would be very unlikely every Rammstein fan would also like Emigrate, because the music is different. Different sound and everything.

Just try not to automatically dismiss someone because they like Emigrate. I don't automatically dismiss you because you like BB. If everyone liked all the same stuff, how boring the world would be...

And another thing that remains valid is what I said early: if a fan likes everybody that a band puts out just because it is from that band, then we are talking about fanboys.
                    I'd have to go back and find the post on the other page, but from what Urban Dictionary tells me, fanboys are actually overly-obsessive geeks. Which could include your man-love of Batman.

Besides...I think what I was saying was more to the point that when they get around to putting out another album, we will be happy. Not necessarily that everything on it will be complete and utter masterworks, but that having a new Rammstein album (with incipient tour status sure to follow) will make us happy.

Comment

Oh indeed, and Te quiero puta is one of the ones I like rather less than others, the same for Amerika. But I think of all three more as attempts simply to provoke and make fun of things the band wanted to make fun of. To me, this doesn't lessen the artistic value of the whole. Art, in my eyes, doesn't need to be perfect. Those imperfections can render the whole more...endearing.
                      I agree that such was the case for Amerika and TQP. Pussy makes me think otherwise, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

And as far as reaching to a broader audience, what's wrong with that? Many big name artists have done similarly in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. The band is, after all, a business. They have the right to do what they want to make money.
                      There is nothing evil about that, but it means that they might have comprimised their artistic view in order to make a safe bet. It is totally understandable, but I think when that is the case, the final product does not deserve the same respect that it would otherwise.

Just try not to automatically dismiss someone because they like Emigrate. I don't automatically dismiss you because you like BB. If everyone liked all the same stuff, how boring the world would be...
                      BB is awesome.

I'd have to go back and find the post on the other page, but from what Urban Dictionary tells me, fanboys are actually overly-obsessive geeks. Which could include your man-love of Batman.
                      I actually obsess more about Rammstein than I do about Batman. So I guess that, when is all said and done, that the one who is a Ramm-fanboy is actually me... oh, the irony.

Besides...I think what I was saying was more to the point that when they get around to putting out another album, we will be happy. Not necessarily that everything on it will be complete and utter masterworks, but that having a new Rammstein album (with incipient tour status sure to follow) will make us happy.
                      Yup, that will happen.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Alright then, glad we got it all sorted out.

And I do appreciate the necessary distraction from my stupid comps. This gave me something to come and do in between pages.

I will admit to seeing part of a couple of the very last episodes of BB and it wasn't terrible. Someday I will probably watch them. Actually trying to watch Big Bang Theory these days...another series I had never gotten into, that I am finding very funny. Well, most of the time. Some times it is just trying toooooo hard.

So. What do we argue about for the next three to four years until we have more Rammstein to debate the musical genius of? Perhaps we can try to figure out why my Pandora has just introduced Otto Dix?

Comment

^Or perhaps we can keep on the same old debate until we get insane.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^You are already insane.

Comment

^There is always room for improvement.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Or perhaps we can keep on the same old debate until we get insane.
                                Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                ^You are already insane.
                                Yeah...might have to go along with Maya on this one.

I'm sure the same old argument will come up a few times over the next several years. It seems to happen with some regularity.

Comment

Working...
                                X