Embarassing Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarassing Moments

I thought i would start a light hearted thread here and maybe give some people a laugh

At work we have centre memberships where people can join for a year and get discounted swims, classes and gym etc, today a lady came in to join and i got her to fill out all the forms etc, we do a concession for over 60s at £18 for the year. I processed the membership and went to take her money, she said to me `thats a bit cheap i thought it was £28 for the year` i said we have a concession for over 60s, imagine my embarrasment when she said `but i am only 47`. ooops
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
    I thought i would start a light hearted thread here and maybe give some people a laugh

At work we have centre memberships where people can join for a year and get discounted swims, classes and gym etc, today a lady came in to join and i got her to fill out all the forms etc, we do a concession for over 60s at £18 for the year. I processed the membership and went to take her money, she said to me `thats a bit cheap i thought it was £28 for the year` i said we have a concession for over 60s, imagine my embarrasment when she said `but i am only 47`. ooops
    It even hurts to read about this . Ahahaha, that had to be the worst moment ever!
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Last year I was about to got home and heading to the parking lot of my faculty. I noticed a lady in front my car talking to another woman, but I didn't gave it much importance. As i approached the car, she was beginning to stare at me. When I inserted the key to unlock it, the lady says to me "Excuse me, but thats my car!".

Her car was the same trademark, model and color as mine, and I had confused hers with my own. Right in front of her.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I have been overtired often, trying to unlock the front door of my house with my remote car key... My neighbours and friends witnessed this often...
        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
          Last year I was about to got home and heading to the parking lot of my faculty. I noticed a lady in front my car talking to another woman, but I didn't gave it much importance. As i approached the car, she was beginning to stare at me. When I inserted the key to unlock it, the lady says to me "Excuse me, but thats my car!".

Her car was the same trademark, model and color as mine, and I had confused hers with my own. Right in front of her.
          Oh no how awful you must have felt so silly, at least by trying to unlock it proved you were not trying to steal it lol! Hope the lady had a sense of humour

Another bad moment for me was on my first driving test, i was doing a hill start, i thought i got the biting point just right to pull away but i kept on rolling backwards, i knew i had failed but the worst part was when the driving examiner said `it would help if you put the car in gear`
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
            I have been overtired often, trying to unlock the front door of my house with my remote car key... My neighbours and friends witnessed this often...
            I am always using the wrong key for the wrong door as well, i have a key to my daughters flat and always trying to use it in my door

Comment

In sixth grade we were playing softball in gym class. I was up to bat and line drived the gym teacher right in the gut. He threw up his Wheaties. I had a huge crush on him too. :/
              "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Comment

Originally posted by Fellfrosch View Post
                In sixth grade we were playing softball in gym class. I was up to bat and line drived the gym teacher right in the gut. He threw up his Wheaties. I had a huge crush on him too. :/
                And was the crush still there after seeing him puke lol!

Comment

Haha, nice thread!

Comment

Yeah I still liked him, poor guy. He called me Slugger after that. I got a hug out of the deal anyway, he knew I felt terrible.
                    "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Comment

Gather around the fire people, where it's warm and cosy, 'cause ol' Waidmann's got a story to tell ya in this god-forsaken thread.

It was some years ago. One day I woke up in a bed. I lay there with no shirt on, just my jeans and my shoes on. It was summer, nice weather, and a lovely bed I must day, but I had no fricking clue where I was! I didn't recognize the bed, the room, nor knew why I would be anywhere but my own house. I immediately checked my body, but I did not seemed to be raped or kidnapped or anything. I was just fine, except for a weird headache. Plus the fact that I couldn't very well remember what happened the night befor, a thing that never occurs to me, even if I dry-drink the entire city.
                      Nevertheless, things seem to be alright and I'd figure things out somehow I guessed, so I left the room and went downstairs. There I entered the kitchen, which looked very nice, except for the fact that the backdoor was simply smashed! It was this insect screen door that looked as if someone had just thrown something right through it or so. I started to get a bit freaked out so I left trought that door, stepping into a big garden. There I looked around a bit, 'till suddenly this big guy on a tractor notices me and starts yelling! I ran like hell, while the took out some pitchfork or at least some kind of sharp gardening tool and started chasing me. He shouted I couldn't come anywhere near his garden or house and if he'd ever see me again in his garden he'd kill me! After a few blocks, I had outrun the man, realizing the guy didn't even had a clue I spent the night in his house!
                      As I was now panting on a street corner (still without shirt) I realized I recognized this neighbourhood (somewhere in the quieter parts of Ghent). Than it struck me that I indeed was in Ghent the night before with some friends to go to a party. So, I took out my cell phone, switched it on to contact my friends, only to see they had tried to call me already like a zillion times. I called a friend of which I was sure he was there last night, and he sounded very worried, though happy to hear I was fine and alive. Half an hour later he came to pick me up with his car. I was glad to see he had my shirt as well.
                      Sitting in the car I asked him what the hell happened, for as I said I couldn't really recall anything. Well, said my friend, we went to a club where somebody apparently slipped something in my drink. My friend wanted to warn me, but the quick-downer I was those days never gave him a chance, so I already emptied my cup before he could even say a word. So my friends just decided to keep a close watch on me, and man, they were in for a treat. After about half an hour I apparently started to hallucinate, seeing some Poltergeist that was going to attack me. I ran away, scared like hell, and my friends had to chase me. I ran several blocks, running to get rid of the Poltergeist, while even at one point, trying to scare the ghost of by throwing my shirt at him.
                      After a few kilometers I ran in some random garden and my friends followed. They arrived at the back of the house and noticed I must've jumped through the insect-screen door that was now hanging there in rags. Suddenly the owner of the house appeared at the door, thinking my friends ruined his door. He chased them for a few blocks, almost catching them as they were already quite exhausted from chasing me. Just in time they reached the car and headed home. They tried to call me all night long, but for some reason I turned of my cell.

I used to be sooo embarrassed about this... Especially when my friends told literally everyone about it, even people who worked in my local grocery store...
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^Well I'm sure we've all tried to wake up in strange beds without really knowing why and how , but this store really takes the cake

Comment

Working...
                        X