Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another site that might be of interest to this thread:

http://duolingo.com/

In this site, you can learn either german or spanish while simultaneously translating real web content. The French language as already been added, but is still on beta phase. This site is an academic project created by the same guy that invented captcha and re-captcha. The goal is to prove that the whole web can be translated to other languages for free and with quality.

This site is *completely* free. It doesn't even have any ads. However, you'll need to submit your email and wait for an invitation to arrive (so you can register and use it). I had to wait a couple of months to be able to join, but they have been sending more invites lately. And so far, its been worth the wait.

Even though right now you can only join when they invite you, the site is about to go public next mounth. And if anybody is interested in joining right now without needing to wait for it to go public, I can invite some people myself, because I still have 3 invitations to offer.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I like Duolingo too

Comment

Snake, I would be interested in joining
        I have already added the link to the main message. Thanks for the suggestion!
        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Danke Jorge für erstellung dieser thread. (I have no idea how to say computer thread in German. Faden means thread but I think it means it with sewing.)
          I bought workbooks and have been doing them. Good idea. I decided to make a push and make myself do some German everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Snake, I would be interested in joining
            I have already added the link to the main message. Thanks for the suggestion!
            Done. I sent you an invitation through the same email you used to register in this forum. Check out that inbox.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I learned Spanish when I was little but don't remember much.

Comment

I joined yesterday with your invitation, Snake. It seems to be a great idea! Unfortunately I won't have time to take a deeper look until this evening. After all, they don't pay me for learning German, but for doing some other stuff

I have two invitations, if anyone wants to join it...
                «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Please invite me ! I would love to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                    Danke Jorge für erstellung dieser thread. (I have no idea how to say computer thread in German. Faden means thread but I think it means it with sewing.)
                    I bought workbooks and have been doing them. Good idea. I decided to make a push and make myself do some German everyday.
                    They say "Thread" in german as well , but they rather say "Topic".

I should add: if there are any questions, you can direct them to me, I've studied german (have my masters degree for 2 years now) and I'm a german teacher now since september. Normally I help dutch people, but I guess I can take you along as well!
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

@Jorge I have tried other pages, and Duolingo is the one I like more. Waiting for your feedback.

Comment

^I have done a few exercises in my break, and I think it is great!
                        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

I supposed you'd like it, it was the one I told you I wanted to add

Comment

Please invite me ! I would love to try it out.
                            Done. Check the inbox of the mail you used to register this forum.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                              Done. Check the inbox of the mail you used to register this forum.
                              Thank you . Can you acsess the site from a mobile ? I have tried but can't get it. I will have to try it on the computer when I get finished with my home care case.

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              They say "Thread" in german as well , but they rather say "Topic".

I should add: if there are any questions, you can direct them to me, I've studied german (have my masters degree for 2 years now) and I'm a german teacher now since september. Normally I help dutch people, but I guess I can take you along as well!
                              Thank you Waidmann. I notice ever since I've been in college I have been learning faster, it is like my brain was unlocked. Pretty weird.

Comment

Thank you . Can you acsess the site from a mobile ? I have tried but can't get it. I will have to try it on the computer when I get finished with my home care case.
                                You need headphones and microphone, hadn't tried to use it from mobile For that I prefer a computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X