Picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Ok, didn't know that. But you say you like to stay anonymous, though many people here know your name ? A pic doesn't give your identity away, but a name does!
    My name is common, but not my face

In the end you do whatever you want , but it's ashame you don't seem to appreciate being photographed. I had that too until a couple of years ago, and it's only by letting people do it and trying stuff that I managed to make nice photos of myself or look good on pictures (even according to others ). Now I even think whenever there's been a trip and I'm not on a pic, it's just like I never even was there. It's so nice to see yourself on a good pic, it brings so much good memories. And in a couple of years, you (or your beloved ones) might regret it if there are so few pictures from you from a certain period (I know I would).

And you don't have to pose, many of the best pics are made "in action", more spontaniously .
    I feel uncomfortable about being photographed, one of my mates in the workshop was always taking photos of me, it drove me nuts.

I don't feel the same, I know I was there, don't need to see me in a photo. The last part is true, but sometimes I desire some pictures wouldn't exist, I hate not having control of them. Prefer none than them.

In the workshop the teacher loved one of my pics (he says I look like a diva) and he used as an example for practising with Photoshop, it's very weird to enter a class and see yourself in all the screens :S

I don't know what is worse pose or 'in action' photos xD

Comment

• Death threat. http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ull=1#post2241

It was his answer to this post (some pages before). http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ull=1#post2208

Comment

• ^Too bad, but I can imagine it. For me it was just sth to get used too and I feel so much better know that I'm fine with it. Maybe it helps for me being a teacher now for over 3 years, and the fact that I know I'm being looked at all the time anyway .

This thread somehow evolved from sharing pics into discussing photography and the fact of being photographed .. Still, I will dare those other ones to show theirselves! No obligation, just for fun's sake. We're all mates in here. I especially wonder about that other mod's current appearance...
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I am also one always taking the pictures. I hate how I look on camera and will generally do my best to avoid it...

Comment

• Waidmann I think you'll have to meet him, like I did.

I'm sure the fact you are a teacher helps, the times I have had to teach have been a nightmare for me.

ER So we feel the same

Comment

• ^In that case we'll have to arrange a get-together ;-)

I think we feel the same about being photographed, I never voluntarily get in front of a camera

Comment

• Come on, nobody at least a bit happy with how they look? You people sound sad ! And for the record, I'm usual the camrea guy as well, but that doesn't stop me from insisting that someone else records me. Or I may just be an ugly person who doesn't see it XD.

Meeting Snake? As a matter of fact I'll be in Portugal this summer. So maybe...
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^You know who's also been in Portugal a few days ago?

Till Lindemann
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• * So did the two of you sit down and for a little haert-to-heart?

Comment

• ^Nop. But he did spend some time in Lisbon, probably in vacations.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Good for him, are there any pictures?

Comment

• Yup, fans that crossed paths with him approached him and asked for pictures, which they posted on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4341675&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/rammsteinpo...02639963736525

There is also a third picture taken in Sintra, but I share only those 2 because they were posted on public fan pages.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ Nice. Thank you :-)

Comment

• Hmm...still blond. Ah well...

@Waidmann- No, in fact at the moment I am incredibly frustrated with my appearance. I hate having my picture taken because I hate how I look. I am actively working on changing me for the healthier, but it is not going as fast as I would hope.

I will post an older picture though, right after I got my hair colored last winter. Makes me want to get it darker again...

ipad 046.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                                I am actively working on changing me for the healthier, but it is not going as fast as I would hope.
                                That is the type of endeavor that takes twice the effort for half of the results you would expect.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X