What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading?

I had began A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin, is the fifth novel in A Song of Ice and Fire Series.

The otherbooks were addictive, so I´m ready for non-sleeping times.

And if somebody is wondering if I´m a fan of the Game of Thrones TV series, the answer is No, I haven´t watch it;after the terrible experience of the Lord of the Rings I decided that it was the better.

Have you read A dance with dragons? If the answer is yes, please don´t answer with spoilers. I haven´t finish yet.

A thread where I may possibly expose my inner geek

Haven't heard of that series, is it any good?

I'm working my way through Jodi Piccoult's stuff, maybe not the happiest of books but I still enjoy reading them
    DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Searching for the meaning of Geek i´ve found ^El Geek Test en español ...también conocido como "El Friki Test" ^ don´t need more explanation

Haven't heard?..... If you like epic fantasy novels, you can´t continue living in the darkness. It´s fucking awesome. The story is narrated from the point of view of different characters, each chapter is told by one and the plot is totally unexpected... Now, it´s more well-known because of the TV series.

I don´t know her, if you enjoy them... that´s the only important.

Comment

haha, maybe I should take it

admittedly I'm not that into fantasy novels, although I have a few exceptions (Harry Potter being the main one).

Her books are written in the same way though, from different points of view, but definitely not fantasy
        I do enjoy them even though most of her books make me cry to myself

Comment

-enters conversation-

I LOVE fantasy books. Love them. I haven't really read anything as of late (apart from the astrology book I've kept checked out of the library, but even then, I don't really sit down and read for a while), but I did read this series over the summer. It's "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix. It contains a lot of biblical allusions, and I think it's pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
            haha, maybe I should take it

admittedly I'm not that into fantasy novels, although I have a few exceptions (Harry Potter being the main one).

Her books are written in the same way though, from different points of view, but definitely not fantasy
            I do enjoy them even though most of her books make me cry to myself
            Here is the link....http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html it seems to take some time, so I have postpone it.

I´m not in a good moment for that type of books, but have write her name,

Comment

Harry Potter.... I was in the bookshop waiting for them, and from the moment they were in my hands until I finished them, I was in other world. I read it in english, so people looked at me in a strange way and some called me "FRIKI", don´t understand why

Comment

Originally posted by Abendstern View Post
                -enters conversation-

I LOVE fantasy books. Love them. I haven't really read anything as of late (apart from the astrology book I've kept checked out of the library, but even then, I don't really sit down and read for a while), but I did read this series over the summer. It's "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix. It contains a lot of biblical allusions, and I think it's pretty great.
                I take note of these too, ebooks are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  Harry Potter.... I was in the bookshop waiting for them, and from the moment they were in my hands until I finished them, I was in other world. I read it in english, so people looked at me in a strange way and some called me "FRIKI", don´t understand why
                  Ah, so lucky! I couldn't make get to any shops to buy it when it came out

Just took the test, I have geekish tendencies

Comment

Me too, i have had three atempts at reading Lord of the Rings, seenthe films but just cant get throgh the books.
                    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
                      Ah, so lucky! I couldn't make get to any shops to buy it when it came out

Just took the test, I have geekish tendencies
                      This is Spain, so I didn't have any problem to buy it.

Not surprised

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                        Me too, i have had three atempts at reading Lord of the Rings, seenthe films but just cant get throgh the books.
                        You haven't understand me. I love the books and hate the movie.

Comment

If @wishingtree comes back, I would like to know more about the book, of course I watched the movie, every easter was in TV, for a lot of years. But never read the book.

Comment

^Taht guy was a bot
                            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Have you read Gone with the wind??????

Comment

Working...
                              X