Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Melanie Gaydos interview by RammsteinWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melanie Gaydos interview by RammsteinWorld

Photographer: Krys Fox.

RammsteinWorld interviewed Melanie, you can find the original on their special MHB site.
    http://mhb.rammsteinworld.com/?lang=en

Melanie Gaydos, who worked with Rammstein, appears in Mein Herz brennt (explicit version). She was kind enough to grant us an interview. We would like to thank her.

RW: Hi Melanie, How are you? Could you introduce yourself to the Rammstein fans?
    MG: Hello, I am wonderful thank you! My name is Melanie Gaydos, I'm an art model currently based in NYC, USA.

RW: Did you know the band before working with them? How is your relationship with Rammstein now? They seem to be very nice and funny guys!
    MG: I had known of the band growing up as I had listened to quite a lot of rock and heavy metal music. I did not know them personally until the videoshoot, where I was introduced to the team by Eugenio Recuenco. They are all wonderful and sweet guys, so caring and indeed funny! I had a wonderful time meeting them and talking with each of them on set. As we all have very busy schedules, I do keep in touch with their management team and had the pleasure of seeing them again when they were last in NYC!

RW: The making of the video has been a bit complicated. The band wasn't fully satisfied with the first version shot be Eugenio Recuenco in December 2011. Did you feel that something was going wrong during the shooting?
    MG: I had not thought that there would be any problems with the actual videoshoot itself. I sensed there was a bit of language barrier, as I was the only American on set, and with the two teams being from different countries I imagine the communication must have been a bit difficult ! [Those problems are actually evoked in the making-of, ed]

RW: Many fans are wondering about the scenario of the Mein Herz brennt video. May be you have some keys of interpretation for them. How do you understand it from your point of view?
    MG: I think the video itself is very close to interpretation as one would have for the lyrics. The video was directed and shot beautifully, taking the viewer on a journey that really makes them think of a variety of different meanings. It's inspirational! I myself play the Sandman, who takes the tears of little children from nightmares. Judging from the feedback from many of the fans, they are right on target!

RW: With hindsight, how was this first experience with Rammstein? Did you enjoy the shooting of the video?
    MG: My first experience was Rammstein was truly a beautiful one... I absolutely loved being on set and communicating with everyone. It was a beautiful experience and I had truly felt like I was home. Even though I was miles away in Europe for the first time ever! I felt like this was what I was meant to be doing, and connecting with these kinds of people. Artists.

RW: So what are your projects for the future? May be something is planned with Rammstein?
    MG: As of yet I do not know what the future may have in store for me or with Rammstein! I will keep doing what I love and enjoy, which is creating art and shooting. I very much hope to connect with more people though, and share more creativity with them.

RW: Thank you Melanie, we wish you all the best!
    MG: Thank you so much as well RammsteinWorld!
    Last edited by Maya; 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM.

Melanie Gaydos interview by Rammstein Army Argentina

This one was shared by Melanie on her Facebook page. The original: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...8381775&type=1

DIVA - Hi Melanie, we are pleased that you have accepted this exclusive interview for Rammstein Army Argentina on Facebook!
    MG - Hello Rammstein Army Argentina! My pleasure

DIVA - As you know, you became worldwide famous with MHB video but there is not much information about yourself on the Internet, please tell us something about you: your childhood, your family, do they support you?
    MG - I was born on the east coast of USA, not too far from NYC. I have always been an independent person who supported myself through my artwork. Most of my family are very independent thinkers as well and support the fact that I am an artist

DIVA - When did you decided to become a model? Did you ever felt insecure about that?
    MG - I started modelling just exactly a year and a half ago as of January first 2013! I had always been friends with very creative people though rarely let anyone take my photo. I was very interested in self portraiture myself for my own artwork but after I had moved to NYC, I started meeting even more amazing artists. I had to meet and connect with them - I was very shy and nervous at first!! But I knew it was something that I was afraid of (how other people would see or portray me) and that was a fear I knew I needed to learn how to control and overcome

DIVA - Do you have a reference in your career? Who`s your favorite actor/actress and your favorite model?
    MG - I have always been very interested in high fashion work and elite photographers. It was my DREAM to shoot with Eugenio Recuenco, seriously one of my first dreams/fantasies - and he was how I was introduced to the Rammstein team. I really enjoy Paolo Roversi and Tim Walker as well, these three will always be my go to for inspiration. I've never been interested in fanaticism of other models because as an individual, my modelling style is a lot different than others. I respect Kate Moss as kind of like the Marilyn Monroe of my generation, and Kristen McNemamy because even so late in her career she is still modelling and she is even more intriguing now than before.

DIVA - What kind of music do you listen? Wich are your favorite bands/ musician?
    MG - I used to listen to a lot of rock music when I was younger, any kind. But now I honestly do not listen to music as much anymore, NYC is already so noisy :P I would rather listen to my friends talk than anything else, that is music to my ears. When I do listen to music, I love Die Antwoord, CocoRosie and any Karin Andersson project (The Knife and Fever Ray). I also like alot of hip hop or any dance music to keep me moving.

DIVA - Did you knew Rammstein before Recuenco called you? Do you like their music?
    MG - I definitely knew of Rammstein and listened to them when I was about twelve years old to later teenage years! Mein Herz Brennt was my FAVORITE song. This entire project was a dream come true.

DIVA - Tell us something about your experience with R+, I can imagine funny situations during the filming, do you remember any?
    MG - Oh yes yes yes it was a very funny shoot! There were some truly hilarious scenes shown in the making of the video, but I cannot talk about them as they have not been formally released. A funny scene for all of us was when I was on the gynecological table with the band, and Paul is taking the children's tears back that I had taken from a syringe. If only you could see what kind of instruments they had for props! The whole set up was quite comical, we knew it was going to be beautiful though

DIVA - Do you think the video tells the story of the song? What do you think about your character?
    MG - Yes I very much think the video depicts the song lyrics. I am the character Sandman who puts children to sleep then waits to steal to tears from their nightmares. I think it's quite beautiful and understand very well why I fit the role perfectly haha. It is creepy but pure.

DIVA - Did you have the chance to talk with R+ guys outside the set? Who`s the most talkative?
    MG - Yes I talked with them quite a bit in between takes. They are all very loving and sweet guys, I talked with Till quite a lot. We had a few scenes together (later cut from the video) but also I think that our personalities got along the most. Ollie and Paul are also very sweet. Richard, Christoph and Flake are definitely rock stars who like to have a fun time ;D

DIVA - Till said that you are a “fantastic woman” and Richard admires you too, how do you feel about that?
    MG - Aw that is very sweet and makes me happy to hear that. When we are the talent on a set and working together, we definitely don't sit around talking about how we feel about each other haha so it was a nice surprise to hear that in the Making of the Video. It is the nicest feeling in the world to have support, it is a kind and never forgetful way to remember what it is that I am doing and the kind of role model that I can be.

DIVA - R+ invited you to their concert in NYC, tell us something about it
    MG - It was really an awesome night, they sent me their band van to come pick me and my friends up. Then we had all access VIP for the rest of the night. It was amazing to see and hug everyone again. Their concert was so powerful, it was really a nice feeling to know that I was a part of their history now. Of course, at the concert no one knew who I was, but it was a sneaky feeling to laugh and say well you will see me in the video! I met a lot of cool people that night, and had such a fun time with the band and my friends backstage.

DIVA - Finally, what are your dreams for 2013 both personally and professionally?
    MG - I first and foremost will always strive to be a better person today than yesterday, regardless of the "New Year" but this year for the first time I am making a few resolutions to try and uphold. I hope to create even more, whether it is by myself or with other people. That really is the bulk of it, and to let my friends and loved ones know how much I appreciate and care for them even more Professionally I cannot say much but to meet and create with even more people! That is a given and I am always doing that anyways though :P The Recuenco and Rammstein situation came into possibility when I put myself out there into the world, you really can never know what will happen - but anything can happen if you start to exert your own energy into the universe

Comment

Rammstein USA's interview

Rammstein USA-SMM posted another interview. Source: http://www.rammstein.us/archives/2781

Melanie Gaydos is a model that made dramatic appearance in the Mein Herz Brennt video (explicit version). She was kind enough to grant us an opportunity for an interview. We would like to express our gratitude to her for this and share interview with you.

SMM: How did you get started in modeling and how long have you been modeling for?

MG: I have been modelling for exactly a year and a half as of January 1st, 2013. I have always been friends with very creative people but rarely let anyone take my photo. I was interested in a lot of self portraiture for my own artwork though. After I had moved to NYC from Connecticut, I met so many amazing artists that lived so close to me. I knew I had to meet and connect with them.

SMM: Is that how Rammstein discover you for their music video?

MG: I had been in contact with photographer and director Eugenio Recuenco and he asked me if I was interested or available for a heavy metal music video in Germany. Though I did not know exactly who it was for at the beginning, I had a *feeling* and knew I had to do it anyway. I was still in my school semester and hadn’t a passport but saved up from all of my shoots to get a passport really quickly and my school semester ended exactly the same morning of my flight to Berlin!

SMM: Where you a fan of Rammstein before they contacted you (If not, are you a fan now?)?

MG: I was definitely a fan of theirs when I was much younger, about twelve and in middle school all throughout my teenage years. My life changed a lot when I moved to NYC, as did my own perspectives so I drifted away from heavy metal music but “Mein Herz Brennt” and “Engel” were my top favorite songs of theirs growing up. The shoot was definitely a dream I loved the video for “Sonne” very much as well.

SMM: How was your time in Germany?

MG: I had a fantastic time in Germany!! I found it incredibly relaxing, the culture and atmosphere was a really good environment to be in.. Maybe it was just because my week of finals and school semester had JUST ended the morning of my flight from NYC to Berlin, but Berlin was really a wonderful adjustment. I had a beautiful time talking and getting to know everyone on the creative and styling teams, as well as the hotel I stayed in – they were so sweet.

SMM: What was is like shooting on a set with so many different languages?

MG: It was really awesome! Though I cannot speak Spanish as well as a native, or really fluently at all, I was thankful to have studied it for seven years in grade school. Even though I did not understand very much Dutch or German, I found their approach and personalities not too different from Americans or people I talk to in NYC or New England. It was easy for me to communicate with them, much of the shoot was intuition, as the band and Eugenio Recuenco had mentioned in “Making of the Video”. I sat with Eugenio and Cata, the assistant director for a long time the first night we met, talking about the inspirations and references for the video. They had a giant book of inspirations that I studied; the clothing as well was really inspirational and as I was already a fan of Recuenco’s work, I think I knew what he was looking for. Much of the shoot, as well as any other situation, requires you to be present. It is always better to be aware of what is going on.

SMM: How was it working with the members of Rammstein?

MG: It was amazing! I used to travel and follow bands, as well as follow the local music scene in Connecticut quite actively when I was in high school. So I was used to hanging out with people who are “chased after” in a way. Regardless of what someone does or who the rest of the world knows them as, they are people just like you and me. They were all very sweet and funny guys. I very much enjoyed the time I spent with them.

SMM: What were some of your favorite moments?

MG: The entire trip and shoot for me was one giant favorite moment. For months I would dream about Germany! I thought about it quite a lot. One of my most favorite moments was when I first stepped onto the grounds of the shoot from my car for the first time, and then meeting Till who was standing and having coffee. He was so tall and I skipped up to him and said “HI”. Haha, I think he was quite surprised to see me, maybe it was my voice or how small I was (I photograph quite taller) and we shook hands. I also enjoyed sharing meals with Eugenio Recuenco and his directing team, as well as eating lunch with the production team and Oliver. There were so many small moments! I loved it all.

SMM: There was mention in “The Making Of” that you are invited back to Germany to hang with the band, what do you hope to do on your next trip over there?

MG: During the shoot they asked me if I’d like to go to their NYC show and come see them! I was very excited and saw them when they played in NYC in April at the Nassau Colosseum. It was a really awesome night. I am planning to go back to Germany though sometime this year because I have made quite a few friends over there since last year. First and foremost it will be a photography trip though, which all of my friends are photographers or artists :P So I plan to stay and shoot quite a lot when I am there!

Comment

Working...
      X