Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Interview with Richard Kruspe (Rolling Stone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Richard Kruspe (Rolling Stone)

This thread is very special because I haven't found an english translation.

One member of this forum has translated it for us. I asked him and some hours later the first part was in my mailbox, and in less than 24h the full version.

THANKS melstefs!!!!!

Original in German.
    http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...rd-kruspe.html

There's a spanish translation, by Rammstein Mexico.

Here's the link: http://www.rammstein.com.mx/foro/vie...p=60336#p60336
    Last edited by Maya; 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM.

Rammstein: Exclusive interview with Richard Kruspe

This past Friday (December 2nd) Rammstein released their retrospective "Made in Germany 1995-2011" album. Read our interview with guitarist Richard Kruspe, in which he talks about Ostalgie (the longing for the old East Germany), and the concept of the band as a marriage of convenience.

It is a small sensation: RAMMSTEIN’s interview in ROLLING STONE's December issue is the only one the band is going to give this year. Since the band views itself as a collective, it was logical that the magazine talks exclusively to Till Lindemann, Flake Lorenz, Richard Kruspe and Christoph Schneider. The cumulative interviews can be found in our extensive Rammstein special in the current issue.

Rammstein’s interviews took place at Black Box Music, a company located on the outskirts of Berlin, which provides the equipment and complete solutions for all kinds of major events. In a large room the musicians are preparing the production for their upcoming world tour. During the upcoming evenings public rehearsals will be held for only a few hundred fan club members from all over Europe. The musicians therefore will wear their typical clothing and costumes and fire their entire arsenal of pyrotechnics. For this interview however, guitarist Richard Kruspe is still wearing comfortable and simple clothes: sweatpants and a sweater.

ROLLING STONE: Richard Kruspe, you seem to view your East German past in a different way than some of your colleagues. Did you perceive the GDR as a prison?

RICHARD KRUSPE: You have to look at it selectively. Until I was twelve I didn’t perceive the GDR as a prison at all, I had a relaxed childhood. At first sight there weren’t really any noticeable social differences, social classes didn’t play an important role. Only when I got older and started to look a little deeper, that's when the questions came. Those questions were not welcome and were not answered, so it was then when it felt at some point like a prison. I had problems with teachers, in general with authority, and I was increasingly pushed to my limits.

ROLLING STONE: How do you judge nostalgic tainted memories of those times?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
    In part I can understand. Surely not everything is just black or white. But I am fully aware that my development as a person and musician couldn’t have been possible without the influence from the West.

ROLLING STONE: In 1989 you escaped to Hungary …

RICHARD KRUSPE: Yes, six months before the fall of the wall! It wasn't planned, rather a stupid accident. A classic, just like in the movies: By accident I found myself in the midst of a demonstration in 1989 and when I exited the subway I got arrested. A mix-up. They took me to the police station where I was placed against the wall and beaten for hours. I was beaten, interrogated and when I moved they beat me again. Afterwards I knew: ”You have to get out of here.” It was a very spontaneous reaction to this incident. Then I fled with my gay friend Leo via Hungary to West Berlin.

ROLLING STONE: What brought you back to your old homeland after the reunification?

RICHARD KRUSPE: I didn't like it in West Berlin, it sucked. Everything was depressing and dark, it frightened me. I came from a very protected environment. In West Berlin, I was always alone and always moving. Mainly going to concerts; I saw Nirvana at the “Loft” and so on … One night at a party, to which I wasn't invited, I met a woman and through her the former drummer of the Fehlfarben. With him I finally got to make some music again. In the long term the situation of living with three people in one room was very stressful, and in the East there was plenty of cheap housing available to no end. So I went back.
    Last edited by Maya; 01-02-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

ROLLING STONE: You are always escaping; first from the East and later to New York where you realized a solo project. The overall result is an image of a restless guy - How do you explain that?

RICHARD KRUSPE: Psychologically, this it relatively easy to explain: I am the second son and my brother was always my mother's favorite, he always did everything right. I always had to fight for attention and at some point I chose the other side, and I got the attention there.

ROLLING STONE:
      And you ended up in a band which via breaking culture barriers gained attention. Is breaking taboos a concept of Rammstein?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
      In the beginning our only concept was to approach things with a particular naivete. We consciously tried to maintain this naivete. If you question yourself too much you automatically start to bring about a form of self-censorship. So we wanted to avoid any kind of censorship that was so common in the East, where censorship was a constant. Perhaps that was the only concept. There was no discussed master plan. Also I do not think that it would work. Art emerges from a spontaneous gut feeling.

ROLLING STONE:
      The musical and aesthetic context of the band is clearly defined. Which also means one must strictly subordinate. How hard is that for you?

RICHARD KRUSPE: Very difficult. It is even more difficult because you realize you've become a slave to your own show. Simply to take the stage in shorts and then improvise is silly. On the other hand I also realize that with this band we've created a trademark and a unique sound. Nonetheless, it is a very narrow path, that's why it's important to live out other needs elsewhere. I would like to play in an AC/DC cover band again. Simply stand on the stage, no lights, no effects, just rock' n roll.

ROLLING STONE: There were some crises with Rammstein. Did that have anything to do with such longings?

RICHARD KRUSPE: Sure. But everyone knows, that what we've achieved with this band we couldn't replicate with something else. We are all proud of our collective achievements. Because of it we have to compromise. Flake previously played in Funk and Blues Bands. When we showed up with Pantera, he looked at me and asked , "What’s this shit?" Today of course he likes what we do.

ROLLING STONE: Is Rammstein a band of convenience?

RICHARD KRUSPE: Also. Absolutely. Of course we dependent on each, financially as well. It would be nonsense to say otherwise.

ROLLING STONE: Is the group more than the sum of its parts?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
      Yes. We all had to learn that. I realized it because I left Berlin. That was important to me, because my former environment was not healthy for me anymore. With the necessary distance In New York it realized how stupid our little fights really are. Once more I was able to see the big picture, what we've accomplished. And then you return and everything starts from scratch.

ROLLING STONE: With the last album, were there problems again?

RICHARD KRUSPE: Yes, there were moments when none of us knew how to proceed. We couldn't agree anymore, musically speaking. As you get older, you don't want to confront yourself with the same old problems. A lot remains unspoken and new problems came up. Thank God, we overcame. When the album was finally finished, it was also a great relief. During the production we simply had to make too many decisions. With six people that can be hell.

ROLLING STONE: How hard do you take such conflicts?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
      We never got into physical fights, though twice we almost got there. Sometimes I actually wished it would come to it, because I believe that at times a good fist fight can solve problems like in the Wild West. (laughs) But it didn't happen. We always managed to clarify things via communication; like in the Buddhist way.

ROLLING STONE: How much do these long tours affect your health?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
      The tours are not the problem, rather the parties. If you would go immediately to the hotel after the show - easy. But if you continue to party until dawn, it becomes increasingly difficult to get out of bed.

ROLLING STONE:
      As a balance, do you play any sports?

RICHARD KRUSPE:
      Everyone does something different. Because of my back problems I started doing yoga routines one hour before each show with Schneider. We have a yoga instructor, and it helps. And Till and Olli always love to dance Tango prior to.

Translated by Melstefs
      Last edited by Maya; 01-02-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your translation, Melstefs
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
          Thank you for your translation, Melstefs
          A german angel

O :-)

Comment

Yes definatly a German angel

Took me an hour to read this because of constant interuptions but got there in the end. Thanks Melstefs for translation and Maya for posting.
            We have another thing in common, did not know Richard done Yoga, maybe we can do it together one day
            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Yoga? That's new, I didn't know that other name... learning ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post

Yoga? That's new, I didn't know that other name... learning ^^
                Yoga first then ..............
                The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                  Yoga first then ..............
                  Liar !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Liar !!!!!!!!!!
                    I am a very innocent girl..... maybe Yoga after

Comment

After ???
                      ja,ja,ja

I think it'll never be enough for you ^^

Comment

After ???
                        ja,ja,ja

I think it'll never be enough for you ^^
                        When i saw them live in 2001 i was worse than before so after Feb 24th ..........

Comment

If you go to the meet and greet, we'll have fun.

Comment

If you go to the meet and greet, we'll have fun.
                            Hanging on my dreams for that one, will wait and see but i live in hope

Comment

We've destroyed this thread, as always... off topic

Comment

Working...
                              X