Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Interview with christoph doom schneider (rolling stone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with christoph doom schneider (rolling stone)

Original in german. http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...schneider.html

Interview with christoph doom schneider (Rolling Stone)

Today launches a major retrospective of Rammstein "Made in Germany 1995-2011." Read our exclusive interview with drummer Christoph Schneider, in which he talks about the early years of the band and the fear of new productions.

There is a great feeling: Rammstein's interview in Rolling Stone - Germany in its issue of December is the only one that will give the band this year. As the band sees as a collective, it was logical that the magazine talks exclusively to Till Lindemann, Flake Lorenz, Richard Kruspe and Christoph Schneider. The interviews included can be found in our great special Rammstein in the current issue.

The appearance of all Rammstein albums have something in common: all the band members describe as a difficult process.For upcoming shows, however, fear not recorded new, but this does not exempt them from a process that takes several months of planning, in order to have now this greatest hits tour, accompanied with the release of an album collections. As usual with Rammstein, work on the stage is taken too seriously, although the musicians occasionally make some concessions, as demonstrated recently the conversation about the haircut with drummer Christoph Schneider.

ROLLING STONE: Christoph Schneider, Where did the long hair?

CHRISTOPH SCHNEIDER: I felt very comfortable, but unfortunately the band is not my property. I quite like the hippie style, but it seems that the hair had influence on my playing, which often shocked my colleagues.

RS: Long hair has an impact on the way you play?

CS: Yes, I've noticed. And other heavy metal drummers have told me: "Those who wear their hair short play much better," That might be partly true, since the hair covering the face is going increasingly, and trying to avoid that, no you play so hard. Since I cut, yes, I feel somewhat liberated again.

RS: We talk about the beginnings of the band. What was the first concert in Leipzig in NATO?

CS: It was the first time that Till was presented to the public as a singer. He was very nervous, wore huge sunglasses and blew phrases like "I like The Sisters of Mercy" He stood stiffly, or on the contrary, his whole body trembled, but what he was happy to sing the letters he had written. The second time was in Berlin in Kesselhaus. I acurdo that at the end of this presentation Till said, "Remember this name: Rammstein."

RS: You've already won the contest. Were there any "formal" and established a sound?

CS: Yes, this is a sound slow, monotonous. The basic idea of the band. We played at the start very slowly and always the same.

RS: Where did this concept?

CS: We were inspired by bands like Ministry and Laibach. And we wanted to do something really different, something very bad and unpleasant stunner.

RS: Is it true that your trip to the United States in 1993 had a decisive influence on the band?

CS: That's correct. Paul, Flake and I traveled with our band Punk, "Feeling B" by the United States on our own. We played in small clubs, it was all self-organized. We saw a lot of bands that inspired us with their professionalism. We had been playing in clubs, in front of ten people or less, and then we were playing to 3000. We were very impressed and motivated.

RS: Hence, until exhausted, in minutes, the Madison Square Garden in 2010, there was still a long way ...

CS: For each of us there are moments when we pause and say: Wow. We come from the East, we are all excellent musicians ... But we can do this, but are limited in our musical expression, it makes up for the show and this package that we have set up is extraordinary.

RS: They awakened the interest of the United States initially by David Lynch and the soundtrack to "Lost Highway". How did that come about?

CS: We had big ambitions at the start by our record company and they suggested to record a video with David Lynch and others. Motor Music had sent some tapes directors. And Lynch and his team, apparently during the filming of the movie, had been listening to our album "Herzeleid" and finally, they decided to use these themes in the soundtrack of "Lost Highway". And we thought, "Well, great!"

An unknown band you want to jump to fame with David Lynch. He is known as a megalomaniac. Sometimes it's so intense ... We have been asked repeatedly to do a song about football, but we have always said: "Only if asked to do the National Team."

RS: We'll tell Jogi Löw. After 2001, spent ten years without being in USA. Why?

CS: Our history with the United States is very special. David Lynch was the trigger, and then released "Sehnsucht". When went to number one in Germany in the lists, we were wandering in the streets of New York and were surprised to see us playing in a showcase in front of thirty people, all completely stoned. So we were in rotation on MTV, and therefore radio stations, all jumped on him - and after a tour with Limp Bizkit, we think, "Well, the U.S. is already in the bag." But it was not . Then came "Mutter" our best album, is actually the summit of our work, but sold poorly in America, and was not as good as "Sehnsucht". Then we were in a very long tour, which is very tedious. Sometimes alone, sometimes with Slipknot and System Of A Down. Then came the September 11, 2001, the dates of the tour was postponed for several weeks and we had good attendance. Then we gave up and told him: "Fuck America!"

RS: And then tried again in New York ...

CS: With "Liebe ist für alle da" we play to 100,000 people in Canada, including many Americans who had gone there, so we thought, "Maybe there's still something to do." So it went big idea with the show at Madison Square Garden. We wanted to set an example. Let's see if we can fill the place, promoting the event as a kind of return. And it worked, actually. With the new best-of album "Made in Germany" we will have 20 performances in the United States in large stadiums.

RS: Who has the last word in the band?

CS: We're like a communist group. Everything is decided as a whole, and is frowned upon, if someone seeking or receiving much attention. They all represent the band, not just the singer. Till has never had a problem with that. We know that only when we are together we are Rammstein. If over time we're apart, is the strength of the group that merged back, get back on track, as they say. This tends to cut a bit of individuality. But in the end the love you feel is safe and is a good thing, because we know that there is our strength.

RS: How often does the band has been on the verge of breakup?

CS: Ten years ago there was a serious crisis, and recently even a little. In 2001, some thought he was the master of the band and I had to control everything musically. This caused conflicts, Richard went to live in America and worked on a solo project, and it made him realize what he has in Rammstein.

RS: And lately?

CS: There already are personal matters. I tend to cling to the past, maybe too much, and the evolution of the LIFAD had made me the best and often embarrassment to my colleagues for how to address certain things tenaciously.

RS: It sounds like a continuous psychotherapeutic session.

CS: Of course, a rehearsal with the band is a therapy session.

RS: Do you know how much time you have left the band, or whether to go further?

CS: Yes, I think you should follow. Naturally, we all have our insecurities, but the very existence of the band is based in truth.Some of us are afraid of new productions. Always be extremely difficult as childbirth. Every detail has to be judged by everyone.Till is that it becomes more difficult. The reviews of his lyrics is like going to appear in court. "If we are well, they are not good."He carries a tremendous burden on his shoulders, literally, as the end of the show, which carries a winged angel of 50 kg. The revision of the texts of the songs is something that lasts forever with us as a year.

RS: From each disk, there is often a long pause.

CS: Yes, after a period of tour, we needed privacy to recuperate.Always helped us, we're not saturating the media. Rammstein's not all the time on radio or television, does not mean we have gone. And this, our fans do not mind, but rejoice when we meet again after a "break" in the end.

Translated by Rammstein World Community: http://es-es.facebook.com/notes/ramm...84102128350328

Shit, those wings are heavy
    DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Interview with Richard Kruspe (Rolling Stone)

I've tried to find an english translation, but i haven't been lucky.

Original in German.
      http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...rd-kruspe.html

There's a spanish translation, of course by Rammstein Mexico.

Here's the link: http://www.rammstein.com.mx/foro/vie...p=60336#p60336

I thought about google translator and after correcting it, but I'm being lazy. I'm sure somebody will translate it, if I find it i will post it here.

Comment

Interview with Till Lindemann and Christian Flake Lorenz (Rolling Stone)

Original in german.
        http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...ke-lorenz.html

Spanish Translation by Rammstein Mexico.

http://rammstein.com.mx/sitio/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97:ro lling-stone-alemania&catid=25rensa#till_flake

English translation by RAMMSTEIN WORLD COMMUNITY

Rammstein: Exclusive Interview with Till Lindemann and Christian "Flake" Lorenz

Read now the latest interview of our great special Rammstein. We have to Till Lindemann and Christian "Flake" Lorenz talking about the origins, the scandals, the nostalgia for the GDR, innuendo, other perversions.

There is a great feeling: Rammstein's interview in Rolling Stone - Germany in its issue of December is the only one that will give the band this year. As the band sees as a collective, it was logical that the magazine talks exclusively to Till Lindemann, Flake Lorenz, Richard Kruspe and Christoph Schneider. The interviews included can be found in our great special Rammstein in the current issue.

We conducted three interviews with four of the six members of the band. Interviews with Richard Kruspe and Christoph Schneider, were already available online for reading. Now, it turns keyboardist "Flake" Lorenz and vocalist Till Lindemann, the latter has publicly expressed his rejection of the media in recent years, and rarely giving interviews, but Rolling Stone has made an exception. The interview was conducted by Rainer Schmidt and Torsten Groß.

ROLLING STONE: How do you remember the first show of Rammstein?

CHRISTIAN "Flake" Lorenz: The first concert is at the Cultural Center was "born" in Leipzig, opening for the band of my brother. He had this group was basically covers or parodies of songs in English as "Like a Virgin" ("Like a Virgin) for" Wie ein Würstchen "(" like a sausage "). There was no other place where we could introduce" formally ".

ROLLING STONE: Does the sound and appearance of Rammstein were already defined?

"Flake" Lorenz: Yes, absolutely. I think it could be worse in those days, in that "raw version" of us. We strive to be quite strong on stage, playing our stuff, our style ....But in public, no one moved, no one laughed ... overacted may work, or found it too heavy. The people stood with their mouths open.

TILL LINDEMANN: I've rarely seen people so shocked.

ROLLING STONE: Where did the idea of acting this way?

TILL LINDEMANN: I did not feel comfortable on stage. I was wearing enormous sunglasses because he could not stand the looks. I had stage fright, thinking, what am I doing here? Before, I was a drummer, so I always had already set to do. Now I was there in front of everyone, and everyone looked at me. That was something distasteful to me, and I wanted to compensate somehow. So fire came on the scene. It started with two torches, which once gave me a friend. Later, he also began to have poured gasoline sources in the room, usually getting to the stage floor was covered with flames. This has evolved over the years.

ROLLING STONE: Do you have to be trained to handle all the fireworks?

TILL LINDEMANN: Yes, the certificate can be obtained within three months. Every five years you have to endorse it in order to maintain accreditation.

ROLLING STONE: How big is the danger that the music is stowed under the shadow of the show?

"Flake" Lorenz: Sometimes I think about it, but not much. As a viewer, I love to be in the midst of all this fuss. Some bands manage to have many fans excited for two-hour concert, with just a bunch of guys in jeans and shirts and are happy with that ... well, we want to give more than that.

TILL LINDEMANN: The band is often divided on this issue. For some it is too circus, preferring to let the music more character. Then there are people like me who have great hopes for this show, the elements of fireworks, glitter and sparks, and fire action.

ROLLING STONE: Flake, during recent years shows get used to being in a rubber boat on the heads of people in the audience. That may end up really badly once ...

"Flake" Lorenz: Yes, that was in Toronto. People were increasingly being thrown to the bottom of the place and finally the boat capsized when passing a fence.

Lindemann: I thought it was great fun! I've seen from the stage and suddenly sank, like a waterfall.

"Flake" Lorenz: It was fun, I had bruises on her knees and I also had to go all the way around the fence to pick up my clothes that I had started, and then back on stage, hopefully.

ROLLING STONE: As in an opera, the performers do not speak with the public. Is that right from its first appearances?

"Flake" Lorenz: From the first moment. We think it's very shocking when someone says on stage: "Hello!" and "Thank you, Bonn". This was contradictory to us since childhood.

ROLLING STONE: In the beginning, had never sung in English, why change?

TILL LINDEMANN: The impetus came from Paul and Flake. The German texts were easier and harder sound. The German music conveys a hardness, a force much better way than with the English language, with its milder forms. In addition, we were at this time of crossover grunge. In each club had only kill huge long blond hair, dreadlocks and pathetic cheesy imitation of Rage Against The Machine and Nirvana. That's what we did not want to be, in any case.

"Flake" Lorenz: I think it was totally crazy anyway, contact in East Germany with modern music in English was very poor, so that language to sing in front of an audience did not understand the lyrics, seemed to have no much attention. People like Konstantin Wecker or Grönemeyer (who sing in German only) can not be known outside their homeland, at least not en masse, regardless of musical talent. But I still like to hear those songs, because the letters I receive. If the alarm clock that plays tune of "The Blues Willy" because I do not care.

ROLLING STONE: The letters, are widely discussed within the band?

TILL LINDEMANN: Unfortunately, yes.

"Flake" Lorenz: Till usually started to write music with a very simple framework, so all the lyrics written first. If we get a chance to write songs about a melody already composed, this is of course much nicer to see a sheet of paper with a few written lines.

TILL LINDEMANN: Now speak the musician. To me, this is a complete nightmare!When I get a melody composed, and expect the letters to flow naturally, as if they were oiled, as if it were that easy, insert here the verses, the choir here, everything "perfectly embedded" .... Well, not like that! Each one is dedicated to working hand, and then try to make it match. There is an immense amount of excessive criticism and discussion, but in the end, somehow crush everything perfectly.

ROLLING STONE: Are they always together at the time of writing the songs?

"Flake" Lorenz: No ... you mean the part that makes Till? He works best alone.

TILL LINDEMANN: Up to the second disk, used to sit in a corner and sang to me the verses that he wrote, but was not completely successful. When he came home after the tests, that's when my real work began. At some point, I have to have to work with up to four tracks at once myself.

ROLLING STONE: How big is the pressure when your colleagues are preparing their musical side and they are all waiting for your lines?

TILL LINDEMANN: You have no idea, it's like a nightmare, not pleasant.

ROLLING STONE: Many of the texts are very provocative. Why is that?

TILL LINDEMANN: The riffs so heavy, so raw, they can only be accompanied by texts being equally raw, dark, it was clear to me. It was not easy at first, did not have well defined roles, or a model. Klaus Lage M-Westernhagen Marius or had nothing to do with what we had in mind, though they acknowledge that they had some great songs.

ROLLING STONE: How aware were on the shock generated in the audience with lyrics that refer to sex with corpses or cannibalism? Did any of this previously calculated?

TILL LINDEMANN: I never really had a calculated plan behind it. The letters came from events that caught our attention for different reasons, but over time were developed. Things that happen. Of course, we do not consider anyone to be really damaging to make a song about it and that excites us. Must be taken into account all the views of the people involved, many times things are not exactly like the painting media, especially tabloid, but I think no one has been hurt.

ROLLING STONE: Do you have expressed discomfort about the reactions?

TILL LINDEMANN: Yes, but it was not nothing we can not overcome.

ROLLING STONE: So you prefer to focus on taboo subjects?

"Flake" Lorenz: Well, depends on the case. Especially when it passed the cannibal case, I think it was good, because I think we could take another view.

ROLLING STONE: What exactly is it you think you did well?

"Flake" Lorenz: The way in which sensational events occurred, I think he did, in our opinion, justice to the "victim." The way in which we present a case always defines the way you address the issue, either sympathetic (the victim) or critical (to the perpetrator).

ROLLING STONE: With this statement, you did not address "from the standpoint of the victim" in the song "Wiener Blut", about the incest case in Amstetten.

"Flake" Lorenz: I think the text is appropriate, is on a par with the loss of the subject.Till and explained the process well. He could not have done better, from my point of view.
        Last edited by Maya; 12-15-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

ROLLING STONE: Do you think they have already surpassed all limits?

"Flake" Lorenz: We never wanted to think by the public. That's not our job. They should form their own opinion. We did what we wanted. And I think it was a good thing.

ROLLING STONE: Does transcend borders is a part of the concept?

"Flake" Lorenz: We have absolutely no concept.

ROLLING STONE: Well, after so many songs with themes that many perceive as offenders, it is very likely to be a defined and methodical intention behind it ...

"Flake" Lorenz: No, not so easy. Because you do not know in advance what might bother people. That the public has spent trying to find too many meanings and reaches levels where we never thought, or conversely, ignore certain passages, where we expected to have problems. Although it may seem otherwise, we can not calculate that.

ROLLING STONE: What controversy came as a surprise to them?

"Flake" Lorenz: The "Pussy". It took me completely by surprise. I could not imagine how he could have reached the index (list of censored material). I think it was something completely idiotic.

ROLLING STONE: The album "Liebe ist für alle da" was indexed in 2009. Is it true that you were happy with all the care and laughed for the explanation?

"Flake" Lorenz: The reason is all the fuss was so absurd, but when we we were not laughing. If a disk is marked as indexed, means nothing but trouble. The albums had to be removed from circulation. We requested that the sucrose repertoire, but we never stop playing it on tour. "Pussy" must be a silly song and fun, partying, without provocation.

ROLLING STONE: For video of "Stripped", used excerpts from Leni Riefenstahl films on the summer Olympics of 1936. This led to accusations of Nazism and many discussions. How do you see this in retrospect?

"Flake" Lorenz: The severity of reactions really surprised us greatly. In fact, do not think that would cause such a stir, or if that was the case, just go off by itself.

Till Lindemann: We come from the East and were raised as socialists. We have been in groups either punks or goths and they all have in common ... we hate the Nazis! And then comes this wild accusation. We continue the same kind of thing, and nobody in the U.S. or Mexico have no idea how fucked the situation is here in Germany. Our response to the hostility was the theme "Links 2 3 4", so we have made clear what our political affiliation.

ROLLING STONE: How important was this clarification?

TILL LINDEMANN: A lot! We come from a completely different culture. We used to fight with these idiots in the ultra-right, and now they want us to match them.

ROLLING STONE: It was in the nineties, even in a press conference in Hamburg, where they were bombarded with accusations of massive Nazi affiliations. His response was very moody. Maybe too arrogant or uncaring ...

TILL LINDEMANN: Maybe the reality is that we were in a frustrating situation. We were helpless, for example, when you come home and your children will ask, "Dad, you're playing in a band Nazi?"

ROLLING STONE: You did this happen?

TILL LINDEMANN: Yes, of course, which is really screwed. Flake also, right?

"Flake" Lorenz: (nods)

ROLLING STONE: Is it true that the original video would be something different, and most controversial images Riefenstahl had been taken only as an example - mixed with many others - but eventually ended up being almost an integral part?

Lindemann: Yes. Stölzl, the director, showed us a rough first cut, and had never worked with the band, so he stayed with the review: "It looks great" He had the entire assembly in a single day, using a wizard. The concept developed, it would have images of 20s to 40s of life in the field and references to artists, even Einstein ....

ROLLING STONE: And you knew, at that time that with the use of these images could be problems and accusations of being Nazis?

"Flake" Lorenz: No, nobody thought of that moment. The video was promoted by such a short time, even on MTV. Your video selection committee was impressed.But then came the protests increasingly intense, reality became increasingly bitter.After all, even the record company had to take your hands, but the video about the aesthetic issue received very good reviews.

ROLLING STONE: were naive, to say the least, to use images from Riefenstahl?

TILL LINDEMANN: Maybe, but when you lose the innocence, sometimes you find yourself in situations where you'll perhaps unconsciously repressing, and art is a creative force, not be limited.

ROLLING STONE: Is it solely the fault of the bad reputation video of the band in their homeland?

TILL LINDEMANN: No, we had previously encountered situations like this. The video has come to put just the icing on the cake.

"Flake" Lorenz: This case followed, yes ... even intensified after the slaughter of Littleton (Columbine) ...

ROLLING STONE: Some media reported that the terrorists were listening, among other bands, Rammstein.

TILL LINDEMANN: Exactly. We were in Mexico for a concert. Suddenly, we had read in the newspaper: "This band is forbidden in Germany" and "Germany is ashamed of Rammstein" were "news" coming from our country! Did not even have mood to go back there. But the international success itself has compensated us well. So we thought, "Go to hell."

ROLLING STONE: Mr. Lorenz, once commented, as a joke, that maybe what caused the violent behavior of those kids who eat breakfast murderers were white bread, what do you think about that now?

"Flake" Lorenz: I keep my opinion, they did a lot of things that had nothing to do with their final actions. I think it's hard to know what triggers the attack. It is obvious that people are not sick of the head is not going to commit these crimes just for the music he hears. It's okay.

TILL LINDEMANN: I have a recommendation for a great book: "Ich liebe und das Ich Hasse" ("I hate and I love it") are extracts from the diaries of two murderers; is very interesting. It is really good. One of them, surprisingly, has written great poems.

ROLLING STONE: German identity is an issue that always comes up in any discussion of Rammstein, has always played an important role. Today, it is quite normal to see a sea of black flags-red-gold in events like the World Cup, something so simple and normal now, but unthinkable in the late nineties. What has changed?

"Flake" Lorenz: It was very noticeable change in the last twenty years, is the atmosphere much more relaxed now that's how I see it.

ROLLING STONE: The Madison Square Garden is the highest location of the entertainment industry in New York, traditionally run by Jewish businessmen. There he was questioned if Rammstein German guilt is part of the music. How to deal with these questions?

Till Lindemann: It is "one of many things" with which we deal every day. The concept of "collective guilt" is a generational history. As our children have to carry in the future with the consequences of indebtedness of the economy, are problems that do not lived first hand, but just end up affecting you.

"Flake" Lorenz: Our parents lived in times of war and yet we say that his best memories are from when they were young. When we went to Poland when I was a child, always treated us with hostility, just because we came from Germany, those are things that are not so easily forget.
          Last edited by Maya; 12-15-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

ROLLING STONE: But how far this awareness has an influence on artistic creation?

"Flake" Lorenz: It is treated with a certain respect, careful, of course.

ROLLING STONE: It was reported on several occasions, it will not renew your ID from the era of the GDR (German Democratic Republic), only your passport and you find the stupid western lifestyle. Do you tell yourself "I am German" or "I am German Oriental"?

TILL LINDEMANN: Flake has always been considered a citizen of the GDR, yet, says he will die as a citizen of the GDR. Flake does not usually go on vacation. At best, go to the Elbe sandstone mountains or the Baltic Sea, which he wants. We always go in the summer with our children in Mecklenburg Lake. That is absolutely fantastic.

"Flake" Lorenz: For me is difficult. When I was a citizen of the GDR, which then changed its name to "unofficially" to BRD (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) what I was doing something really stupid. Suddenly, I was part of a political system that was bullshit. Even the flag of the BRD looks ugly to me now.

ROLLING STONE: Oddly enough, now you just listen to the acronym BRD. You are probably one of the last to still use that name today.

"Flake" Lorenz: Well, what we are right now in what used to be BRD?

ROLLING STONE: Of course, nobody says no ... Till, do you still consider yourself also as a citizen of the GDR?

TILL LINDEMANN: No, but I have a strong attachment to the traditions of the GDR. I think it sucks, for example, there is no longer traditional carnival celebrations, but take place on Halloween. All this "detraditionalization" bothers me because there is more authenticity. There are many things you miss.

ROLLING STONE: Specifically, what you miss, of everything that used to be better?

Lindemann: Enjoying a good Frukeneintopf (beef stew with turnips and potatoes) in a country inn. A silly example, I admit, but approaches the ideal values that interact with each other, willingness to help, to share. That education and medical care not pay anything. In this country of wealth accumulation could also be regulated today, social affairs could change for many, but no one gets to work. On the contrary. I do not need 25 kinds of pasta, brought by plane from far away, at the expense of polluting the environment. The tomatoes come from Spain, however, here are enough fields and many unemployed. Nobody needs to have two cars. There are so many stupid things happen, is incredible.

"Flake" Lorenz: Our first mission in "The Pioneers" was to help the elderly. In the tram, children are raised, so that the grandmother could sit. There were sustainable communities, where there was no need to trample on the work of the residents, all working toward a common goal. Before treatment given was more respectful communities, is what is so lacking now.

ROLLING STONE: That sounds surprisingly nostalgic, but also very idealistic. Also: state-controlled economy, rationing and shortages, and even say the lack of freedoms. Richard is a member of his gang fled before reunification. Are there things that are viewed more critically when they look back?

TILL LINDEMANN: That was not the issue. The "Nostalgia for the East" is not something we obsess about any of us. We could equally well have a long conversation about fundamental things, but the question was, what are we missing?What was been the best for us?

ROLLING STONE: It does the job more fun when there is a clearly identifiable enemy?

"Flake" Lorenz: It is. In the West, is actually the system is always the opponent. But that is not so clearly palpable. Now is also the media, politics, industry ...

ROLLING STONE: But surely you have benefited enormously from the Capitalist System ...

"Flake" Lorenz: Of course we also live immersed in it. But there are many things that are not well, and try to be scathing about it.

ROLLING STONE: You said once that you were battling against the capitalist system giving the money. This is probably something sarcastic, was not to be taken literally.

"Flake" Lorenz: I thought it was funny, but it was not. I think I have. That is also total nonsense, because the money we earn comes from the fruit of our work and nothing else.

ROLLING STONE: The newspaper (tabloid) "Spiegel" wrote some time ago, "Rammstein is vengeance from East to West aesthetic." How do you respond to that criticism today?

"Flake" Lorenz: Generally, we are not aware of everything that is published or stops publishing on us. In the Eastern tradition, we believe we have done something wrong when we are praised in the press, or worse, by the government. Is Death. The "bad language" is a recognition of our existence, in principle. While the media as the "Stern" or the "Spiegel" hating you pass it, that means that the world is going well for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
              I've tried to find an english translation, but i haven't been lucky.

Original in German.
              http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...rd-kruspe.html

There's a spanish translation, of course by Rammstein Mexico.

Here's the link: http://www.rammstein.com.mx/foro/vie...p=60336#p60336

I thought about google translator and after correcting it, but I'm being lazy. I'm sure somebody will translate it, if I find it i will post it here.
              Thanks Maya oh if only i could speak another languarge so i could read it in German or Spanish, i will wait and see
              Great interviews from Flake and Till
              The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                Thanks Maya oh if only i could speak another languarge so i could read it in German or Spanish, i will wait and see
                Great interviews from Flake and Till
                OK, if nobody does it, i will translate it for You.
                Last edited by Maya; 12-15-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Did i ever tell you i love you, if not then i love you
                  The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Did i ever tell you i love you, if not then i love you
                    I think you said once, but i didn't believe you as now

Comment

, searching for your translation i found a link to this thread, they want Till's. I didn't read the english version, maybe i should, it could not be accurate.

About Richard's, I'm beginning to think i'll have to translate it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                        OK, if nobody does it, i will translate it for you.
                        A long time after... I did. It's in your mailbox @RBF.

But I've mixed parts of the spanish translation with a google translation of the original in german. I'm not going to post it here because I don't know if it is accurate or not.

Last edited by Maya; 01-01-2012, 03:37 PM. Reason: No sense now

Comment

We've got an angel here and he has translated for us.

http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...lling-Stone%29

Comment

Working...
                          X