Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein considering new album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Being honest I'm not thrilled, Rammstein boys are famous for changing their minds. In seven months and without meeting all together before, who knows what will come out. Maybe in fall they say again they are going to take another year off.

I will patiently wait for more good signs...

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
      ^Being honest I'm not thrilled, Rammstein boys are famous for changing their minds.
      What does this refer to? You often say it, but I actually have no idea about how they apparently often changed their minds about things ? Not to be an asshole, just seem to miss something here ...
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

When they talk about dates for new albums and DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
          When they talk about dates for new albums and DVDs
          Well, as they always said things like "we hope" or "we want to" or "plan to", I never see it really as changing their minds if that doesn't happen yet , especially if it's just one of them and not an official band statement. I think some of them talk before they should, mentioning plans out there while there's still a lot to do before it can happen. If they want to release someting in for example 2 months, but all of a sudden label issues delay it, I don't see that as changing their minds. Splitting hairs here, I know, but I only want to blame them if I think it's right to .
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
            I think some of them talk before they should, mentioning plans out there while there's still a lot to do before it can happen.
            I agree. Actually, I would rather be left out with no information, than being given a certain plan/date/idea that isn't being followed anymore. For instance when they told us the New York DVD would come in december 2011. We all waited, and nothing happened.

It's fine for me that they change plans, but it would indeed be nice if we would be informed. I know I'm having quite high expactations for the band in that matter, but then again going to your Facebook page and/or website and write a simple sentence: " We have changed our minds" or " We have encountered some difficulties" should not be that hard.

Comment

With that philosophy of course they never do, the only official band statements are the release dates, and interviews are nothing for you. So like me you are not thrilled. And we are not talking about a two months delay.

Comment

^"you" = Waidmann, Chrisss Nofff or both of us ?

Well, for me interviews DO matter and I like reading them, but when it comes to dates I always take it with a huge pinch of salt. I've said it before: I'm a big Guns N' Roses fan, which means I remember the band promising a new album by the end of 2004, and eventually it saw the light of day in november 2008. Since than I have a patience beyond reason XD. So, I like the interviews, because they do give us lots of insights + reveals a great deal about the future (although the DVD's aren't there yet, I was thrilled to hear there would be DVD's, just like I was thrilled about fist hearing of the Best Of-idea).
                So sure I'm thrilled. And sure I like interviews . I never get frustrated when things with bands get delayed, although I could find it a pity. I have talked with band members for many metal bands and I sure know how hard it is to get things done like that, there always so much involved, so many people / partys to take in account. There are always exceptions (like Iron Maiden) where things go extremely quickly.
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^I was talking to you Waidmann

I wasn't saying you don't like interviews, simply you don't believe in the dates or plans they talk about because aren't official band statements.

I was really disappointed when they didn't visit Spain, except for that occasion I expect everything and the "delays" (better this way?) are not so important. and I didn't blame them in this case, I blame the "official fanclub".

Comment

^Well, I misinterpreted your "interviews are nothing for you", which still sounds a bit harsh, however you meant it .

And I DO believe in the plans they make (never said I didn't ), less in the dates, that's true, although I believe they are trying to be honest. But many things can evolve differtly than forseen. And that's exactly why they should add dates to their statements unless they are absolutely sure. However, I can imagine fans and interviewers being very pushy, always eager to hear a date, and than you just want to ease them by revealing your expectations (whatever decisions still have to be made).

+ if I aggrevated you in some way, it was never my intention .
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^Well, I misinterpreted your "interviews are nothing for you", which still sounds a bit harsh, however you meant it .
                      I should have waited to answer, so I could explain myself, when I post from mobile I'm always very lazy xD Reading it now, it does...... :S but it wasn't my intention.

And I DO believe in the plans they make (never said I didn't ), less in the dates, that's true, although I believe they are trying to be honest. But many things can evolve differtly than forseen. And that's exactly why they should add dates to their statements unless they are absolutely sure. However, I can imagine fans and interviewers being very pushy, always eager to hear a date, and than you just want to ease them by revealing your expectations (whatever decisions still have to be made).
                      You mean shouldn't add dates, don't you? ... They "officially" mentioned the new album in the Mein Land making of, but only as a possibility and without a date. When I talk about changing their mind I do not mean a short delay, for example they talk about a new album and after about a tour, they were going back to work and have taken another year off (I wish I could do the same xD), in such a long time they can change again, but for me it's not weird, they have a lot of free time for other projects. Many times they are careful, others they really believe it and maybe others it's marketing too. But until their new meeting I will wait patiently.

+ if I aggrevated you in some way, it was never my intention .
                      ???????? why are you saying this?

Comment

Indeed, the dates should only be anounced if already verified, scheduled or if they are really certain of it.
                        I can't figure out why it all was delayed... You could think they'd be waiting for the right moment, but many of those moments have past since, I reckon. Maybe one of the band members still had to do some rerecordings and just didn't get to it??? It's all speculation of course. And I don't know how involved the band really is nowadays with those DVD's.

@Maya: Just that I thought you sounded a bit annoyed by what I posten somehow (after all I was a bit splitting hairs)... Just checking to be sure . That's always the case with online stuff; it's hard to tell what people's moods or not. That why I use a lot of emoticons .
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^This week has not been very good for me, but it has nothing to do with this forum.

I was trying to have a nice talk, but reading it now, maybe some parts of my answers sounded a little harsh (besides the one you told me about), but I didn't notice it before. In the worst days I didn't post at all. My apologies to all, did not want to create a bad environment . Next time I'll only post news.

Comment

Indeed, the dates should only be anounced if already verified, scheduled or if they are really certain of it.

I can't figure out why it all was delayed... You could think they'd be waiting for the right moment, but many of those moments have past since, I reckon. Maybe one of the band members still had to do some rerecordings and just didn't get to it??? It's all speculation of course. And I don't know how involved the band really is nowadays with those DVD's.
                            Sometimes it's marketing, it's a way to keep us talking about them.

I don't know what happened with the MSG DVD, but there are rumours that the band didn't like the movie and that's why Akerlund was working on it again.

Comment

At this point I believe more on some kind of epic clusterfuck than I believe that they are waiting for the right moment.
                              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I think the right moment is this year, for sure they don't want to be forgotten.... not talking about hard fans of course, they won't forget them.

Comment

Working...
                                X