Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

How much "live" are Rammstein`s live albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I disagree that Volkerball is a good product. The sound mix is notoreously inferior to LAB, and the editing is a disaster. They spliced 2 concerts together and didn't even bother to desguise it. There are even shots where you notice the guys magically changing wardrobes. Furthermore, Till's voice was completely fucked up on that ocasion, and the overall performance was not as awesome as LAB's.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

@ Waidmann, again.

I also like what you said about how concert movies can't capture the actual concert feeling. I totally agree with that. I think everyone agrees with the fact that movies, books or any kind of art/entertaiment can actually capture reality. I know that Michael Moore is a controversial movie maker, however I once stumbled upon a very good quote from him: "Movies try to imitate reality.However reality occurs outside your window, not inside your TV." That's actually a brilliant way of putting it.

The sound of a concert can vary from many things. If you are in the front row, the seats on the side, in the middle, or far behind the stage, the sound can be totaly different. Let's not forget that the audience can be incredibly loud and energetic up front, however in the back people can walk away or just talk to each other. In addition, the technology of microphones and speakers, works totally different compared to our ears. We simply have not been able to create speakers or microphones that recieve or produce sound like us. Therefore you are right, there is no "objectivly correct" way of making a concert movie/album.

In that sense, I have a mild tolerance for dubbing and adding sound-effects. However, the real question for me never was if you can record concert sound in a "correct"-manner. I sort of debunked that earlier. The real question for me is this:Where goes the line between adding effects to make the experience more life-like/authentic, and just straight up dramatizing and exaggerating?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
        ^I disagree that Volkerball is a good product. The sound mix is notoreously inferior to LAB, and the editing is a disaster. They spliced 2 concerts together and didn't even bother to desguise it. There are even shots where you notice the guys magically changing wardrobes. Furthermore, Till's voice was completely fucked up on that ocasion, and the overall performance was not as awesome as LAB's.
        Well, we can always agree to disagree. Starting another huge thread just because I disagree with someone on a forum, is a little over-the-top. Even for me. However there are to things which I would like you to comment on:

1- A lot of bands release old concert footage when they need cash. I guess Rammstein will do that sometime as well. If that happens, and they consider a Völkerball remake, would you prefer a full version from the Brixton Academy performanes? I mean they certainly sound more "juicy". I don't know if that comes from the recording/mixing efforts, or if it comes from the fact that it's easier to record sound in a smaller indoor-venue. In addition, Till went totaly nuts on all of those concerts (just look at "Feuer Frei").

2- Can the band ever top the '98 Berlin performances? I mean it's all subjectiv and opinion based, when we try to decid what the bands "best concert ever" was. There certainly isn't a theoretic answer to that.

However, I consider those nights to be probably the bands best, for several reasons:

- They were young. Pure physicly they cannot top the old days,
        -Rammstein was the centre of their lifes. I know the band regrets that now, however you can see that a young band like they were, are filled with an uncountable measure of passion they will probably never obtain again.
        -The audience. Nowadays, a lot of people come to a Rammstein show just for the fire. That's fine for me, as long as they enjoy the show. However back than, when Rammstein were controversial, only hardcore fans went to their shows. You can see that on the DVD. Everyone knows the lyrics from every single song (it seems).

That being said, I guess they could make a better DVD than LAB pure quality-wise. I mean they got more money now, and have a better connection with many top-billed directors.
        Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 02-24-2015, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

1- A lot of bands release old concert footage when they need cash. I guess Rammstein will do that sometime as well. If that happens, and they consider a Völkerball remake, would you prefer a full version from the Brixton Academy performanes? I mean they certainly sound more "juicy". I don't know if that comes from the recording/mixing efforts, or if it comes from the fact that it's easier to record sound in a smaller indoor-venue. In addition, Till went totaly nuts on all of those concerts (just look at "Feuer Frei").
          Yes, I probably would prefer the full version from Brixton Academy. But if the band ever released a DVD with old material, I'd prefer even more that they released Veledrom 2001.

2- Can the band ever top the '98 Berlin performances? I mean it's all subjectiv and opinion based, when we try to decid what the bands "best concert ever" was. There certainly isn't a theoretic answer to that.
          Probably not, but that does not mean they shouldn't try. Furthermore, Paris 2012 was a pretty great performance that should already have been released.

However, I consider those nights to be probably the bands best, for several reasons:

-The audience. Nowadays, a lot of people come to a Rammstein show just for the fire. That's fine for me, as long as they enjoy the show. However back than, when Rammstein were controversial, only hardcore fans went to their shows. You can see that on the DVD. Everyone knows the lyrics from every single song (it seems).
          If it were '96 or '97 I'd agree, but I'm not sure by '98 they weren't already getting notorious for their live show. They had already a plethora of stunts and pyro in LAB.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Thanks for the satisfying answers Snake.

I never really understood why Velodrom 2001 never got a complete release. However looking at Lichtspielhaus, I think I know why. I mean the band was near a break up in 2002/2003. Did it ever occur to you that Lichtspielhaus would work as a good "wrap-up" DVD in case the band would actually break up at that point? I mean the DVD includes all music videos, performanes from all tours, and TV spots and making of's. I think that's what the producers had in mind when making that DVD. They thought it would sell better than just another concert DVD. However this is just the usual crazy Chrisss Nofff speculation.

I would love a Brixton Academy release. I know one should not have too high hopes when it comes to re-releasing old material, however I would love if the band would do a collection of old performances like Led Zeppelin did with their DVD in 2003.

In that case, I would like one full performance from each tour. Here is my crazy wish-list which will probably never be fullfilled:

Herzeleid tour: Der Arena, Berlin, 1996
            Sehnsucht tour: Rock am Ring, 1998
            Mutter tour: Velodrom, Berlin, 2001 (duh...)
            Reise, Reise tour: Brixton Academy (duh....again)
            LIFAD tour: Rock am Ring, 2010 ( Damn, the band did really perform above average on that night)
            MIG tour: Either Wacken, 2013 or Rock on Volga, 2013
            Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 02-24-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

@Snake: That's Völkerball-blasphemy !!! Well, it's a pity you see it that way, and even notice all these things. I think I'm very lucky for I never notice such mistakes. And I really don't think Till's voice was worse that night. I can't imagine him bringing for example Asche zu Asche, Benzin Du Hast or even Stripped in a better way.

I like many of the older concerts (like the Bizarre festival 1997), but for me they will never compete with the post-Mutter period. Many great songs are from later on, the effects improved and especially they themselves got better (Schneider evolved from average to an excellent drummer, Till started to sing better, got more different voices, just to name a couple of things).
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

^I disagree about Till's. Even though he does have a pretty nice performance in songs like Mutter, I really miss his deep voice from herzeleid/sehnsucht.And even though post-mutter their live shows had extremely high production values, the band had way more energy and presence before that. Nowadays the stage has a presence as strong, if not stronger, than the band itself.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                  ^I disagree about Till's. Even though he does have a pretty nice performance in songs like Mutter, I really miss his deep voice from herzeleid/sehnsucht.
                  Technically his voice is deeper now than before. It's natural that your voice gets gradually deeper, even as an adult. Then again, his voice did have some sort of strengh back than, which I have missed in the last couple of years. Like I said before, I felt that his voice was not quite on spot during the entire LIFAD tour. Oddly enough, he does seems to have gotten better during the last couple of years.

However, I guess that is maybe a reason why the band is not so excited about playing Herzeleid and Sehnsucht material anymore. Although Till has always been a quite musculare and tall man, it was suprising for audiences back then to hear his very deep bass-voice. In addition you could really see him concentrating to get those deep notes and growles right. Look at the 1996 Berlin performance of Herzeleid for instance. Nowadays he pretty much just talks during these songs. You can see in recent "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen" performances, that it's not challenging for him at all. What I do wonder a lot about, is if he can still sing songs with very high pitch notes througout. Like "Klavier" for instance, or the chorus of "Morgenstern".

I think it is obvious that all of our favorite 90s metal and rock bands have members which have aged a lot. Rammstein however has several advantages:

1- Rarely do Rammstein songs have much high pitch singing. Like I said earlier, that is good news for Till.
                  2-Although we all love the crazy headbanging and jumping, it was never the main trademark of the band. People usually know Rammstein for their pyrotechnics and special effects. That is something the band can constantly improve on, now that they have so much money and recourses. However, people do realise that someone like Marlilyn Manson has aged, due to the simple fact that he does not go as crazy on stage as usual.
                  Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 02-25-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I'm sure the grunting-whispery voice on Völkerball was intentional, it was the "paradigm" of his singing in that moment. It does sound like his out of breath than, but during songs like Stripped you can hear it's not. It's actually a very difficult, tiring (and unhealthy) way of singing. I think he struggled with that during the Lifad period (+ he might've been out of shape from the long hiatus + he was sick a few times), so for the MIG tour he often returned to his former strong "teutonic" voice. And for me, during songs like Mein Herz Brennt and Mutter he proved he still easily can pull that off.
                    I think if he keeps his voice in shape, he could still do stuff like Klavier and Morgenstern. Some very good performance of Ohne Dich show me that.

I think some songs are actually too hard for him to do live. Klavier was good in 1998, but not spot on, I think he gave it his very best. Just like Frühling in Paris and Stein Um Stein, where the voice changes are very big.
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

I prefer the growly, deep Till to the whispery, tiptoe Till. But that's just my personal preference to male singers in general. I very much like watching the LaB concert footage, because they were so deeply into the music (or so it seemed anyway). But I look at it as having been nearly 20 years ago and know that they just can't do that sort of thing anymore.

I can't do the sort of things I used to do 20 years ago, just physically and mentally can't, so why would I expect the band to still be able to jump around and headbang? They're older than I am...If they could still do that stuff, I'd be seriously worried that one of them would get injured. I much prefer them taking it easy, focusing more on the music and still being around 20 years from now making amazing music.

Back to Till's voice. I really hope Lindemann showcases his superdeep growly voice. Really really really...

Comment

Schneider in an interview for Reise Reise, says he prefers Till's voice on that album, as it has more tonality. I think I agree, it could be quite monotonous if he kept "pushing" the words out. I like some variety. I think he changed with an increased confidentiality in his vocal abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                          Schneider in an interview for Reise Reise, says he prefers Till's voice on that album, as it has more tonality. I think I agree, it could be quite monotonous if he kept "pushing" the words out. I like some variety. I think he changed with an increased confidentiality in his vocal abilities.
                          If I remember correctly, Till stopped smoking in preperation for this album. He really wanted to show his absolute vocal potential on that album. I really must say that in my opinion Reise, Reise is still the Rammstein album where Till made his biggest progress (both vocally and in his lyrics). I also must say that I absolutely love the way he sounded on the 2004-2005 Ahoi- tour. In the concert in Nimes his voice was a little raspy, I do have to admit that. But it was only in the beginning of certain songs like "Asche zu Asche", "Sehnsucht", "Ich Will", "Rammstein" and a little in "Stripped". I does not really bother me. In addition he does really hit every note in "Morgenstern", "Sonne", "Keine Lust" and "Ohne dich".

@EmeraldRose
                          As for the age thing, I did not mean to mock any bands for their age (if that came across so). I totally understand that the bandmembers have higher priorities in their life than Rammstein, like any of us do. It's funny how Rammstein is 20 years old, yet no one has give them the "old band" label yet. That is brilliant by the way. I do think that the most important thing for the band is to focus on good music, and their art.

@Waidmann
                          I agree with the the reasons you gave for Till's weakend voice in the LIFAD-tour. However another reason I would add, is that Till sometimes seemed very stubborn to keep the Ahoi-tour choreographis despite him being the oldest in the group. I think you could really see that in his performance of Sonne at Rock Werchter 2010. I don't know how the rest of the concert went for him, I just know that he definitly must have pushed himself too far that night. In my opinion it is saddly probably the worst performance of that song. He is definetly way to exhausted to even move, yet he still headbangs and tries his best. I give him a lot of credit for that though. It seems like this was yet another thing he also fixed in the MIG-tour. I guess experience is indeed the best tool for sucess.

Comment

@EmeraldRose
                            As for the age thing, I did not mean to mock any bands for their age (if that came across so). I totally understand that the bandmembers have higher priorities in their life than Rammstein, like any of us do. It's funny how Rammstein is 20 years old, yet no one has give them the "old band" label yet. That is brilliant by the way. I do think that the most important thing for the band is to focus on good music, and their art.
                            I didn't think you were mocking their age. Just putting in my 2 cents.

Comment

^Haha your welcome.

Comment

^

And now I am feeling the need to go watch LaB again...repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
                                X