Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Did you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx, Maya! Glad to have some other contributions as I know that many people are well-informed about the band, with knowledge that somehow never reached my hungry, searching . Like in this case: I didn't know the helicopter fact!
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

^I was tempted to ask you some of the questions, but I thought I should do it by myself.

Comment

At what concert on the US/Canada-Tour in 1999 did Till twist his knee so bad that he could only continue touring under medical supervision?
        During the concert Toronto on June 7. 1999, Till twisted his knee really bad, combined with a car accident a few weeks later, he had to have knee surgery in Januar 2000.

If you watch videos of the concerts after 7th June, he had leg braces.

What plot had Rammstein originally planned for the video for the song "Stripped"?
        Rammstein originally had the idea to film Till Lindemann when he was diving in a Freibad in East Berlin. When the band presented the idea to the director the next day, they had made a cinematic presentation which contained footage of people diving from the Riefenstahl film.

This one was funny because in an interview for Rolling Stone in 2011 Till said something different:

ROLLING STONE: Is it true that the original video would be something different, and most controversial images Riefenstahl had been taken only as an example - mixed with many others - but eventually ended up being almost an integral part?

Lindemann: Yes. Stölzl, the director, showed us a rough first cut, and had never worked with the band, so he stayed with the review: "It looks great" He had the entire assembly in a single day, using a wizard. The concept developed, it would have images of 20s to 40s of life in the field and references to artists, even Einstein ....

It took me a lot of time, but finally I found the answer in an interview in 2009.

What is the name of the group of artists that Flake Lorenz founded together with Paulo San Martin and Christian Beck in Berlin? The group arranged exhibitions and musical exhibition openings together.

With this one I discovered Christian Beck made the cover art for the Grun & Blau CD (http://christian-beck.eu/)
        Paulo San Martin is his friend since they were six years old and the tour assistant of the band, we had read one or two interviews.

How did Richard get his nickname «Scholle»?
        Taken from the childrens book by Benno Pludra "Bootsmann auf der Scholle".
        Richard used to run away from home a lot when he was a child, and felt at home everywhere like the little dog in the book, who always jumped from one ice flake to the next (ice flake = Scholle). That is why his father gave him the nickname "Scholle"

^I used a random function to answer this one, no idea.

Comment

^Wow, I only knew the last one !!! I knew there was another idea for Stripped, but not what it was exactly. Thank you! I'll look up some stuff to add to this thread myself.
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

You knew it? I should have asked you, you should become a LIFAD member, you'll love these contests. And the Germán forum is more active, maybe it worth it for you. Without leaving us....

I fail this one, the other about the model and one asking about what Magazine Ollie reads in the toilet
            Last edited by Maya; 12-25-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
              You knew it? I should have asked you, you should become a LIFAD member, you'll love these contests. And the Germán forum is more active, maybe it worth it for you. Without leaving us....

I fail this one, the other about the model and one asking about what Magazine Ollie reads in the toilet
              I won't pay 25 euros a year, just for being on a forum. All the info those people get, is only minutes later to be found elsewhere on the web + I almost never buy from their stores + for the Belgian venues tickets are never easier to obtain, so for me there's little mirth in joining their offical board. And maybe the try-outs would be nice (although I'd have to be very lucky), but I wouldn't go without my partner who won't join either so...

And I too don't know which magazine Ollie reads on the toilet... And I don't care too much, fankly !
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

xD ... but you'll have a lot of fun with the contests.

I wasn't able to find the interview, that was the fun. And the question wasn't exactly about what he reads, it was this one: At home, I always have «xxx» laying in the bathroom. What literature can you find in Olivers quiet place?

If somebody cares, the correct answer was Blond.

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                  I won't pay 25 euros a year, just for being on a forum. All the info those people get, is only minutes later to be found elsewhere on the web + I almost never buy from their stores + for the Belgian venues tickets are never easier to obtain, so for me there's little mirth in joining their offical board. And maybe the try-outs would be nice (although I'd have to be very lucky), but I wouldn't go without my partner who won't join either so...

And I too don't know which magazine Ollie reads on the toilet... And I don't care too much, fankly !

I'm not gonna rebut your arguments (since I also don't pay 25 a year for pretty much the same reasons you state), but there are two things you are overlooking:

1) Compared to ohter oficial clubs, the annualship for Rammstein is pretty cheap (and it really isn't that much for a year access)
                  2) By joining the lifad community, you are also eligible to win meet & greets, which unlike rehearsal shows, you do can bring somebody with you. Granted, that also depends a lot on luck, but the chances are way higher than winning the lottery or even the rehearsal shows.

Also, if by any chance you do get lucky enough to be invited to a try-out, you really shouldn't refuse just because you couldn't bring anybody with you, or because somebody doesn't want to go with you. If you ever get that chance, just *GO*.
                  Last edited by Snake; 12-26-2014, 04:58 PM.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

You should have added the link to your thread

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                      I'm not gonna rebut your arguments (since I also don't pay 25 a year for pretty much the same reasons you state), but there are two things you are overlooking:

1) Compared to ohter oficial clubs, the annualship for Rammstein is pretty cheap (and it really isn't that much for a year access)
                      2) By joining the lifad community, you are also eligible to win meet & greets, which unlike rehearsal shows, you do can bring somebody with you. Granted, that also depends a lot on luck, but the chances are way higher than winning the lottery or even the rehearsal shows.

Also, if by any chance you do get lucky enough to be invited to a try-out, you really shouldn't refuse just because you couldn't bring anybody with you, or because somebody doesn't want to go with you. If you ever get that chance, just *GO*.
                      It might be cheap compared to other bands, but not cheap in general.
                      And I actually don't know... travel all the way down to Germany alone... I might consider it, but I'm the kind of person who can't really enjoy concerts or trips too much if I can't share it at the same time with someone.
                      And there are never meet & greets here in Belgium, so I won't bother.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

And I actually don't know... travel all the way down to Germany alone... I might consider it, but I'm the kind of person who can't really enjoy concerts or trips too much if I can't share it at the same time with someone.
                        Those concerts are very special, I wouldn't compare them with others I have gone before. And you'll meet other fans for sure, maybe even @Snake

And there are never meet & greets here in Belgium, so I won't bother.
                        Is there a reason for that?

Comment

Given what waits you after you travel to the destination, you shouldn't care about that very much. And like Maya said, you could probably meet other fans during the event.
                          Last edited by Snake; 12-27-2014, 09:51 PM.
                          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

two more

*For each show three litres of liquid are filled into the foam cannon.

*Rammstein used a break during the Family Values Tour in America to participate in a movie. The movie did not make it t to the theaters though. The name of the movie is The Debstors and was directed by Evi Quaid

When I was searching for information to answer the question I found this link: http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com.e...0-debtors.html

A climactic scene in a ballroom with 200 extras in expensive couture clothes created special problems. German industrial band Rammstein was hired to perform its stage show, including simulated anal sex. The lead singer pretended to sodomise another band member with a plastic penis, before spraying a mixture of milk and water into the air that spattered the face of a female extra.

Comment

^Ha ha, that's a scene I would love to see

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                two more

*For each show three litres of liquid are filled into the foam cannon.

*Rammstein used a break during the Family Values Tour in America to participate in a movie. The movie did not make it t to the theaters though. The name of the movie is The Debstors and was directed by Evi Quaid

When I was searching for information to answer the question I found this link: http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com.e...0-debtors.html
                                !!!

My god, these things are exactly why I made this thread! Thx for the info, I'm so going to watch that movie this week!
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X