Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"My Son, the frontman of Rammstein - declaration of love" by Gitta Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My Son, the frontman of Rammstein - declaration of love" by Gitta Lindemann

Here's the translated text of Gitta Lindemanns' article about Till (original title: Mein Sohn, der Frontmann von Rammstein - eine Liebeserklaerung")
    I forgot to point out: Since I am Polish and English is my second language I apologise in advance for mistakes. *blush*

But I hope you will find it fairly readable

I'm splitting it into two parts

"My son, the Frontman of Rammstein - declaration of love" by Gitta Lindemann

My first Rammstein concert. I sit between two, black dressed men I had a completely different imagination about. They are relaxed, they talk about study matters, their discussion is surprisingly smart and eloquent. The begin of the concert is already delayed by half an hour. So much time need the boys to reorganise the setlist and eliminate everything, that would leave his mother displeased. I came here in secret, he didn't want me to come at the time. But he discovered me. Later on, in big stages and halls, I was a regular guest. Small or big one - emotions are the same. I stand in the crowd, the music pounds in me, echoes against the walls, resonates inside me, trembles in the sky, the breath shortenes. I am enthralled in the music and speechles. With admiration. The onstage "leader" is my son.
    He leads the masses with his hand gesture, he injures his forehead, he burns, his powerful voice rumbles through the scene and time. What kind of responsibility! For all these people, who follow him wherever he leads them to.
    And then.. I feel worried about him.. How much sacrifices does it cost him, to give the most of himself.
    Night by night, country after country, from continent to continent. But as we meet each other offstage, he is relaxed, he takes care of me, and it feels like at home.
    Home, that is Mecklenburg. His motherland, his roots, his source of energy. Already as a teenager - he would stroll through the landscape, wake up in early hours and set off to the field,to cows, with the milker. Sleep under the open sky, listen to apples falling to the ground, duck's messing around in the pond. In the Autumn, strolling in the woods, searching for mushrooms. In the winter, long walks through the snowy landscape, with a cat craddled in his jacket, tired of jumping from hill to hill.

And people. "Let's talk about the past" he would ask his father and guests in Dorfkrug. How did they use to live back then. He sits - just like today - together with village people nad listens to their dry-humoured ranting and stories.
    He is gregarious, they seek his company. And it hasn't got anything to do with his job. His father has written a book about him, there he speaks about his astonishment, that his friends confide everything in him. One of them wanted him to repair his Moped. Father asks, puzzled: "You mean.. he can do it?" The boy answers: "Till can do everything". Father thinks in disbelief:" Incredible". He is surprised to see the Moped driving away into the distance after several minutes. . He can do everything. So much confidence. So much trust" - writes his father.
    Confidence - this is it. And trust, he trusts himself, he approaches the boundaries and pushes them. What could happen if... he is not familiar with this question. He tries, he tests himself. His texts aren't the question of effort, they are in HIM. He doesn't talk about himself, about his longing, his pain... it all comes from his poems.
    As his Grandmother was dying, he was by her bedside, comforting her till the very end. He can transform the pain in his poems, it hurts when reading. Where does he gets all these ideas from... I have asked him and myself. They simply live in him.

Every once in a while he invites us to his big car and we set off to the lake or go paddling, always the whole family. Seated in our boats, we drift through the water, hidden under the tree branches shadows. Then he searches for a baiting place in the meadow and helps all of us to the ground. He pulls out some rolls and bread, Gummi Bears for kids and water and Pro Secco, then he goes fishing alone, whilst we take some rest. In the evening he serves us some fish with garlic.

This is one of his lifes, totally different from his "onstage" life, his "Job" as he sais. Sometimes they flow together. For instance: When we sit together at the bank in Costa Rica, and three, young men approach him and ask for a signature. It makes him feel uncomfortable, but he politely gives them autographs.
    My most beautiful memory:
    He picks us up in San Rose and there we drive, through endless streets and bumpy, dusty roads. The car goes faster and faster, I say: "Wait a moment, I want to see the sunset". But he speeds up, and drives, drives up to the hill and eventually pulls over, and then we see: the sun above the sea.. as it falls down the horizon, bathed in blood-red light.
    We arrive at the place, he makes something to eat.. it's getting darker and darker, the night, stary sky stretching above our heads, and we are alone, us and our conversations, that last till late in the night. We're having a great week, we drive through the country, swim and climb above the jungle, clutching against and endless long asecurating rope. Deep down, green undergrowth, above us.. the sky, in the distance, the sea and big fear in my stomach.
    Without him by my side, I would have never have the guts to relive these adventures. He evokes trust. It comes to my memory, when both of us (he was 15 or 16 back then)went for a walk and we had to pass by a bull. I was full of fear, he was probably scared as well, but he approached the animal, and cried to me, that I should always stay behind his back.

Then we have to make our way through the stream. He places a desk across, and helps me to the other side.
    Since recently, five generations would gather around the table. He picks up his Grandmother in a wheel-chair with his car, feeds her. Her great-grandson climbs up on her knees. Family Day. His Backing.
    Just like the nature. He walks under the white sky along the see and tells us staggering things. He knows the majority of the countries in the world, and they know him. When I was in Moscow, lots of young men wanted to shake hands with me, for I was "Rammstein Mutter", and one man in my age expressed his admiration for the uniqueness of the band.
    In Mexico it's no different from Tokio, Rio, Manchester of Budapest. He relives it. But nothing can compare th the sight of mecklenburgian Sunrise in the middle of the moors, - he sais -as you observe a couple of deers coming out from the bushes, and listen to all sorts of animals noises, breaking through the silence.

I love to spend time with him – just like many other people. And it hasn't got anything to do with his fame. Every once in a while I muse in my thoughts: „What a man!"
    If I weren't his own Mother, I would love to become friends with him.

Comment

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Thank you for translating and posting the article !

Comment

I had read it before, but no doubt it shows a different side of him

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us, it was very interesting to read
            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Very helpful and good to know Thanks for the info

Comment

Thanks for translating it. I't shows a whole different side than Till,'the frontman'.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much! I got teary eyed at the end.
                  "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Comment

thank u for sharing
                    and shit! i fell in love with till now
                    “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.” ― Harun Yahya

Comment

Welcome to the club!
                      "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Comment

Thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
                        X