Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Richard selling his instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I think he got cold feet after SSL failed and Lindemann nailed it.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Maybe... but he likes his work and has spent a lot of time and money in it, so I think he will release it. This time I have zero expectations

Comment

^I don't think he wants to lose even more money.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^In the video he says "I'm Richard ZK from Emigrate....", ... he will release it.

He could have said from Rammstein, but he is promoting Emigrate. Many fans know Rammstein, but not Emigrate. There will be a third Emigrate album and he will continue with Rammstein.
          Last edited by Maya; 02-10-2016, 02:50 AM. Reason: :(

Comment

It's all about the PR as well, and that was worse with SSL. As soon as the album was out, Richard pretty much became the Howard Hughes of industrial metal, being nowhere to be found, buried in silence. It was all building up to the moment and than it was out and poof - Kruspe was gone. He should've kept himself visible, give interviews up untill weeks after the release, like Till did (thoug ot be honest, Richard more or less said anything he could think of; the last interviews were getting same old same old...). Richard did a lot before, but once the album was out, all promotion kind of stopped, so I think many people even forgot about it. He could've done many small things as well to get things exciting, like organise a live-chat, doing an online Q&A, discussing songs, raise some polls about favorite songs, share more pics on the media, talk more about the collaborations (because he only talked about 3-4 of them, didn't he?)... all free stuff that can really boost things up.
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

He didn't do much (or anything all) to make Emigrate popular among the people who are not Rammstein fans.

Comment

Well Waidmann I agree and sort of disagree, Richard did make quite a lot of interviews talking about the album
                Also, I don't think back then he did really put too much though of promoting his project, maybe he didn't really want it?
                It seemed like he just wanted to fulfill some fantasies he had in himself that he couldn't do while being with Rammstein.
                Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

I remember that, in some interview, he said that he views Emigrate as a band equal to Rammstein and over the years he showed so much love for Emigrate. Maybe he quit promoting "Silent So Long" because he wanted to work on follow-up right after release.

Comment

Originally posted by Xendar View Post
                    Well Waidmann I agree and sort of disagree, Richard did make quite a lot of interviews talking about the album
                    Also, I don't think back then he did really put too much though of promoting his project, maybe he didn't really want it?
                    It seemed like he just wanted to fulfill some fantasies he had in himself that he couldn't do while being with Rammstein.
                    I certainly do not deny he did a lot of interviews, but once the release was there he didn't do anything anymore! He went from 4/5 interviews a week to absolutely zero. It all died out once the album was out and that wasn't very smart I think.

Yes, maybe he didn't want to promote, but nowadays it's all you've got, it's necessary. Till said one of the reasons he did it was because nowadays you really have to. I don't think he meant that as a negative comment on Richard with Emigrate, but it would've been appropriate actually.

If Richard seperates Rammstein budgets from Emigrate budgets it might indeed be that Emigrate now almost lost more than gained. As far as I can see, with the few sources regarding chart positions and album sales, their 1st album was a succes, while the 2nd might've obtained less than half that succes now. Maybe, because the last record wasn't a big profit maker there are some issues with the label now, not willing to spend that much money again on a loss. But that's all speculation of course .
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^He could always release it as downloadble content.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^^On the other hand, there have been many ugly stories about artists who had their albums completely finished, however their label never found the right release date and kept pushing and pushing it back until several years had passed. I know that Emigrate is a little beyond that since this is their third album, but maybe Richard himself doesn't want the release to be squeezed between several Rammstein releases ("Rammstein in Amerika", Bercy concert film + new Rammstein material that will come this summer).

Comment

Chriss has a point, despite my love to Emigrate, I do admit that any Rammstein related news are far more exciting, as fans have been expecting the new album or anything new from the band for so long, and these releases still have the buzz around them, Rammstein finally releases something new and of course everyone will be far more interested about Rammstein.
                          The timing of releasing the album is also important.
                          Last edited by Xendar; 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM.
                          Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

^Indeed, but the Rammstein reference was exactly the thing that made the first Emigrate record so succesfull. Everyone, even Emigrate itself was like "oh, Rammstein is not doing anything now, but here's this thing from their guitare player". The Rammstein link obviously made people curious, and that's why many tried and liked it. Now he seems to be eager to drop that Rammstein reference, but maybe he shouldn't. Of course, in some way it's cooler if people buy your music because they like you and not your other entourage, but still. He does reach a bigger audience by telling he's from Rammstein, which means he attracts more new fans. I think we can presume SSL didn't really attract any new fans. It might be a reason why after a while it became available through the Rammstein website.
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              ^Indeed, but the Rammstein reference was exactly the thing that made the first Emigrate record so succesfull. Everyone, even Emigrate itself was like "oh, Rammstein is not doing anything now, but here's this thing from their guitare player". The Rammstein link obviously made people curious, and that's why many tried and liked it.
                              Same words can be said for Lindemann. By the way, for me personally, Lindemann's management (or more correctly - Rammstein's management, since both Emigrate and Lindemann are under Rammstein GbR) made one mistake in promoting - they should give more place to Peter, and if they offered their newsletter end Lindemann Shop in German, they should make Swedish version too. This way, Peter's work (composing, playing, producing) looks underrated to me. Maybe they tried to fix something by only Peter talking in Making Ofs hahah
                              In Emigrate's case that's not needed, Richard is the main figure of the project and the one that works most.
                              So, back to Emigrate. I've said that before and I'll repeat. Richard missed the chance to use some songs from album since they had great commercial potential: "Rainbow" (very pop-sounding and catchy song, could be a hit) and "Hypothetical" (video with Marilyn Manson could really help, especially when "Pale Emperor" came out). He had Lemmy on album and didn't use it. I like Silent So Long more than the first album, and it seems like a missed opportunity...

Comment

^Indeed, making those songs into singles with videoclips seems, however expensive, still a missed opportunity. I'm sure something like Rainbow would actually be on the radio and has potential to make it to the mainstream charts (like My World did). Visibility was all it lacked for me because it surely was a solid record.
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X