Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein's new Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a recent interview with Flake on Youtube. The interview was conducted by "KaaosTV" which is a finnish music magazine. The interview was mostly about Flake's book "Der Tastenficker", because it's about to be released in Finland translated to Finnish. Here is the link. You can turn on english subtitles.

Two very interesting things from the interview.

1. (At 08:15) The band will return to work on new material this fall after the tour. According to Flake, it's very hard to tell when it will be released. He said that every day in the studio, the band changes their mind about their work so far, so it's still too early to give any indication about how far they have come.

2. (At 02:21)Flake supposedly finished (I was really suprised to hear that) a book called something like "24 hours live with Rammstein". It's bascially a "biography" similar to "Der Tastenficker" in which Flake tells funny stories that happened while touring with Rammstein. Just like "Der Tastenficker" it will have a very loose structure, but supposedly all stories are compressed to seem like it all happened during one day (not sure if I got that part right).

Comment

• If they change their minds all the time about their work, I don't see how they will manage to fart out a new album before 2020.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
        2. (At 02:21)Flake supposedly finished (I was really suprised to hear that) a book called something like "24 hours live with Rammstein". It's bascially a "biography" similar to "Der Tastenficker" in which Flake tells funny stories that happened while touring with Rammstein. Just like "Der Tastenficker" it will have a very loose structure, but supposedly all stories are compressed to seem like it all happened during one day (not sure if I got that part right).
        He did say in an interview when Tastenficker came out, that he hadn't written much about Rammstein in it (I wouldn't know, I havent finished it yet), andbefore he did, he would have to get an OK from the band. Maybe he got that now

Comment

• If he releases the book about Rammstein I hope it will be available in English. I'd love to read and i don't think I'm able to do it in German.

Comment

• ^I'm sure it will. A Rammstein book will get way more attention than his previous book, so if his first book got a translation already, the Rammstein book will for sure.
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Recently Richard had an interview with "Futuro", which is a radio channel from Chile. Here is the link. The questions are written in spanish (which is not a problem for every member here) but Richard's answers in English can be listened to via audio snippets.

In short, he said the same about the new album production as Flake did. However according to him, making new music was a much more positive experience then he expected. He is also still open about the fact that new songs might be released as an EP instead of an entire album. Suprisingly, he said nothing about the current status of Emigrate.

One fun fact he revealed was that "Rammstein in Amerika" was actually finished a few years ago, it just took some to get it released.

Comment

• Ah, i'm excited about Flake writing again. I've been reading Der Tastenficker to improve my German, and I'd say it worked out pretty well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                  Recently Richard had an interview with "Futuro", which is a radio channel from Chile. Here is the link. The questions are written in spanish (which is not a problem for every member here) but Richard's answers in English can be listened to via audio snippets.

In short, he said the same about the new album production as Flake did. However according to him, making new music was a much more positive experience then he expected. He is also still open about the fact that new songs might be released as an EP instead of an entire album. Suprisingly, he said nothing about the current status of Emigrate.

One fun fact he revealed was that "Rammstein in Amerika" was actually finished a few years ago, it just took some to get it released.
                  Thank you very much, it's a very interesting interview!!!

Comment

• I noticed we skipped a real conversation about "Ramm4" on this forum. What do you think about the song?

In my opninion, It's quite good. The first time I heard it was during the concerts in Berlin. What suprised me really was the structure of it. It has a really simplistic riff and drum track. This is of course a 180 degree change in comparison to "Liebe ist für alle da" which often had very complex drum parts or riffs sometimes. I have to agree with people when they say it's similar to "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson. Funny, considering Rammstein played a cover of that song with Manson himself at the Echo awards in 2012.

Another thing I noticed, was the synth and keyboard in this song. I have noticed that in many Rammstein demos, the synth or keyboard plays a much bigger role but is usually toned down in the finished song. I have to admit that I am fine with this, but it almost appears as if this song never got to that stage. I like Lindemann songs like "Fish On", despite the fact that the synth has such an "up-front" role in it. I appreciat that Rammstein remains one of the few Industrial Metal bands that kept themselves away from this style, but after I listened to "Ramm4" I actually liked it.

The "Na-Na-Na"-part is very untypical for Rammstein, but guess what, I liked that too. All in all, I felt that the instrumental is very reminicent of the ultra-simplistic and monotone style of "Herzeleid" with some new elements in it. If this might be some kind of sneek peek for future material, I don't know.

As for the meaning of the song, it's basically a "we are back"-song like "Rammlied". Almost every part of the lyrics are from song or album names, or phrases from their songs. With the exception of "Auferstanden aus Ruinen" (Risen from ruins) which is both the name and first line of the GDR's national anthem. Like many ofthers, I think it might be meant as a joke. For 7 years people have been bitching and moaning for new songs, and when they finally get one, there is nothing really original about it because it's all "copy-pasted" from previous work.

Comment

• ^I agree with everything you say there, especially the synth-thing and the irony in producing something new although it's not really new in several ways.

Another thing I thought was that some very "obscure" and somewhat underrated songs are mentionned in this song like Alter Mann, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir, Führe Mich and Feuer und Wasser. Would it be a way to highlight that they really appreciate those songs despite the fact that they (almost) never played them? That seems a legit thought to me, as they could've chosen many other more known songs instead of those (like instead of Alter Mann they could've used der Seemann or der Meister or so). It even seems more plausible to me as Ramm4 suits as an intro for a concert in which several "obscure" or rather unknown songs are played like Zerstören and Hallelujah.

In the same context it strikes me that material from the song Wiener Blut was used twice in this song. Another way to highlight a deep appreciation for a certain song? It might be as they really seem to estimate the song highly (why else bring it along on your best-of tour?). Another reason to highlight this song could be that they were forced to "underrate" it a bit themselves by giving their last record the name Liebe ist für alle da because of Falco's album.
                      Last edited by Waidmann; 09-05-2016, 10:45 PM.
                      Dort wo der Horizont
                      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• A newspaper from Argentina called "Clarin" conducted an interview with Richard. You can read it here (in spanish). Despite the fact that people usually say "keep religion and politics away from smalltalk", they mostly seem to talk about that.

Comment

• Thank you very much.

A very "original" interview, about the new album, the same message: If they create something that worth it, they will share it, if not they will tour without a new album.

Comment

• Translation of RICHARD Z. KRUSPE's INTERVIEW for the newspaper Le Soleil (Québec, July 15th, 2016).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/3296...3644747126899/

Thanks to Stephanie Huguin

Comment

• Good interviews. Thanks Chriss and Maya

Comment

• I just saw a few photos from the studio (via Rammsteinhungary on fb). Looks like they are working again with Jacob Hellner.

Comment

Working...
                                X