Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein's new Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    Oh, they're gonna be in hot water . . . again
    Oh wow, Rammstein post a video with lots of tits in it. I'm shocked etc. How crude and so on. How could they blah blah blah. YAWN...…..

Comment

• My review of the record:

Deutschland
      Great start of the album, kick-ass track, adding a new dimension we haven’t quite seen yet: history. They did tell about events before, but this goes beyond. Great content, great riffs and guitar work, and Till with an epic voice. Top-knotch, with a catchy structure.

Radio
      Very sing-a-long, which startled me the first time I heard it. But this didn’t last too long: it’s a great track, with a bit of Sehnsucht on it, thanks to Flake’s terrific additions. Very catchy and very solid.

Zeig Dich
      In many ways this is more classic Rammstein, if it wasn’t for the intro. Still: no fan could hate this song as it has the typical ingredients of what a Rammstein song is. The songs has many parts woven together (choir, dark grunt, up-tempo riffs, deep voice-singing,…), and in this way covers a lot. An extra kudos for Ollie’s bass intermezzo.

Ausländer
      For me the catchiest song on the track, by far! Great to hear it has the typical Rammstein-language play again, mingled with some insights of how a free foreigner experiences things. It’s hard to say, but for me it’s a mix of something newer like Lifad combined with Mutter. Nice to hear a jollier song from them, it has been a while.

Sex
      This isn’t a memorable track to me. It sounds “ok” but I’m not really into it. Richard and Paul’s parts do make it a good live track though.

Puppe

A highlight of the album! It has a nice story, clearly inspired by Till’s poem Wenn Mutti spät zur Arbeit geht. I enjoy very much the soft part, where Ollie and Till once again make a great couple for ballads with a touch of sadness. The second part is a strong, funny and hell-yeah- Herzeleid-relic, which I enjoy as much. Good rhythm as well, and good work on the orchestra. I’d say this fits in with other Rammstein classics.

Was ich liebe
      Good thing Rammstein went back to those lyrics of the Pussy-demo we got to hear, as the lyrics where not bad, and definitely deeper than Pussy’s. Just discovered it too was inspired a poem from Till, with the same title and some of the same verses.
      Nice, evoking intro, powered by Till’s killer voice. Very harmonious.

Diamant

They did it again: a great, breath-taking ballad, where Till proves he’s a natural born singer. Like Home Sweet Home, I think it’s a bit too short though (which is in its own way a compliment of course).

Weit weg
      For some reason I knew they weren’t going to play this one live. But I very much like it. I think the opening tune is very appealing already, the best work of Flake on the entire album IMO. This melody is repeated through the song, backed up with a powerful riff and again Till’s teutonic singing voice we often get on this record. The duality-theme in this song is also a content I particularly like, as often in Rammstein songs. I consider this as one of the secret highlights on the album.

Tattoo
      Although I liked the previous tracks, I’m glad there’s another up-tempo one left. The theme seems a bit common, but the phrasing and poetics are quite clever and beautiful. I’m glad they bring this one to the live shows.

Hallomann
      The song with the nicest outro, probably therefore the closing song. It’s a nice tune, but a bit so-so, definitely on this album. Also inspired by a poem of Till’s actually I read yesterday (I should look which one). He brings out his more beautiful singing voice once again, which doesn’t become annoying, but – as we had it a few times on the album, almost in a row – makes this track a bit less noticeable and special on the whole. Still glad they added it to the record though.

This could be the euphoria of a new Rammstein-album, but I honestly think this is one of their stronger bits. They made a less dark, powerful album again, leaving the darkness form Rosenrot and Lifad. For me Mutter and Reise, reise are on top, but this one’s right after.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
        My review of the record:

Deutschland
        Great start of the album, kick-ass track, adding a new dimension we haven’t quite seen yet: history. They did tell about events before, but this goes beyond. Great content, great riffs and guitar work, and Till with an epic voice. Top-knotch, with a catchy structure.

Radio
        Very sing-a-long, which startled me the first time I heard it. But this didn’t last too long: it’s a great track, with a bit of Sehnsucht on it, thanks to Flake’s terrific additions. Very catchy and very solid.

Zeig Dich
        In many ways this is more classic Rammstein, if it wasn’t for the intro. Still: no fan could hate this song as it has the typical ingredients of what a Rammstein song is. The songs has many parts woven together (choir, dark grunt, up-tempo riffs, deep voice-singing,…), and in this way covers a lot. An extra kudos for Ollie’s bass intermezzo.

Ausländer
        For me the catchiest song on the track, by far! Great to hear it has the typical Rammstein-language play again, mingled with some insights of how a free foreigner experiences things. It’s hard to say, but for me it’s a mix of something newer like Lifad combined with Mutter. Nice to hear a jollier song from them, it has been a while.

Sex
        This isn’t a memorable track to me. It sounds “ok” but I’m not really into it. Richard and Paul’s parts do make it a good live track though.

Puppe

A highlight of the album! It has a nice story, clearly inspired by Till’s poem Wenn Mutti spät zur Arbeit geht. I enjoy very much the soft part, where Ollie and Till once again make a great couple for ballads with a touch of sadness. The second part is a strong, funny and hell-yeah- Herzeleid-relic, which I enjoy as much. Good rhythm as well, and good work on the orchestra. I’d say this fits in with other Rammstein classics.

Was ich liebe
        Good thing Rammstein went back to those lyrics of the Pussy-demo we got to hear, as the lyrics where not bad, and definitely deeper than Pussy’s. Just discovered it too was inspired a poem from Till, with the same title and some of the same verses.
        Nice, evoking intro, powered by Till’s killer voice. Very harmonious.

Diamant

They did it again: a great, breath-taking ballad, where Till proves he’s a natural born singer. Like Home Sweet Home, I think it’s a bit too short though (which is in its own way a compliment of course).

Weit weg
        For some reason I knew they weren’t going to play this one live. But I very much like it. I think the opening tune is very appealing already, the best work of Flake on the entire album IMO. This melody is repeated through the song, backed up with a powerful riff and again Till’s teutonic singing voice we often get on this record. The duality-theme in this song is also a content I particularly like, as often in Rammstein songs. I consider this as one of the secret highlights on the album.

Tattoo
        Although I liked the previous tracks, I’m glad there’s another up-tempo one left. The theme seems a bit common, but the phrasing and poetics are quite clever and beautiful. I’m glad they bring this one to the live shows.

Hallomann
        The song with the nicest outro, probably therefore the closing song. It’s a nice tune, but a bit so-so, definitely on this album. Also inspired by a poem of Till’s actually I read yesterday (I should look which one). He brings out his more beautiful singing voice once again, which doesn’t become annoying, but – as we had it a few times on the album, almost in a row – makes this track a bit less noticeable and special on the whole. Still glad they added it to the record though.

This could be the euphoria of a new Rammstein-album, but I honestly think this is one of their stronger bits. They made a less dark, powerful album again, leaving the darkness form Rosenrot and Lifad. For me Mutter and Reise, reise are on top, but this one’s right after.
        An excellent review.

Comment

• I've given myself enough time to listen to this album dozens of times over the course of a couple of weeks. By now I have a very solid opinion on it. But instead of a track-by-track review, I will just write my general thoughts.

My reaction to this album was pretty much the same as how it was with rosenrot: hugh dismay during my first listen, and then slowly and steadly improving over subsequent listens. I really like the first 3 and last 3 songs. I also like Auslander in a guilty pleasure kinda of way. I don't have any strong opinion of the other 4 songs, so they fall in the category of filler to me. Nonetheless, I still enjoy 7 out of 11 songs, so there is no way I am going to spin this as a negative opinion. I am fairly confident in saying that, when it is all said and done, I like this album, and I believe it is indeed better than LIFAD.

However, this is an album that came out 10 years after LIFAD. The band had plenty of time to rest and recharge their creativity. A 10 years wait deserves an album that is actually worth such a long wait. It warrants something truly epic. This album is not that. Even though I like it, there is no song in it that I actually love, and I don't believe I would have become a rammstein fan by listening to this album alone. I would feel much happier with this album if it had been released 4, maybe 5 years after LIFAD. But given that it took almost a decade to create this album, the end result is simply not good enough.

As a final note, I am also going to say that I think it is absolutely stupid that they decided not to give this album a name. I also think the artwork is absolute trash. There is a line between minimalism and lazyness, and the band cross that line by a mile.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Snake

The reviews for this record seem to be mostly split 50/50 between people either saying it's a great album and the best since Mutter, or saying it's "decent" and best since Reise, Reise. I can see some similarities between your review and the one from Anthony Fantano (link below).

One thing I must add though, is that I think this album suffers from the "Indiana Jones 4"-problem or "Phantom Menace"-problem as some call it. What I mean by that, is that some of the audience feels underwhelmed and says "Could they not have come up with something better after so many years?". The problem with that thinking, is that "Untitled" was in production only for 2-3 years just like some of the other albums like "Mutter" and "Liebe ist für alle da". They did not spend the last 10 years making this record. As far as we know, the band started in fall of 2015 and worked very sporadically until fall of 2016, when they started to focus on making the record. There were some breaks in-between, but overall this album was just a regular release as far as production-time goes.

I am not accusing Snake of this thinking, since I get that he is refering to the fact that the album does not feel like a record that was made after a long creative break.

My short review is that "Untitled" is a bit like a new Tarantino-movie these days. You have basically seen it all before, and the formula is stil the same. However, the formula still works and there are enough small changes to make it interesting.

Comment

• ^Exactly. I am perfectly aware that the production time for UNTITLED was the same as other albums such as mutter, reise reise, or lifad. But since they took a long creative break between 2009 and 2015, I was expecting that they would go into that 2-3 year-long production period having much better ideas than they ultimately delivered. Once we take that int oconsideration, I think that UNTITLED should have been substantially better than what it is, even if its production time was about the same as other albuns.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Well, the thing is that they didn't really take a creative break at all. Till, Flake and Richard spent their creativity on solo projects.

I guess there will always be discussion when a band keeps their fans waiting for a new record for a very long time. We've seen it with Guns N' Roses, Metallica and now we see it with Rammstein. A great deal of the audience expects a result that equals some of their best work; the long waiting has to be a bargain for top-knotch-quality. The downside is that many people - unlike Snake, I have to admit - would never ever recognize or accept long awaited material to be as good as what they expect. The frustration of long waiting is seldomly washed away by the reception of the new product.
                A band can do what they want. Raised expectations is something they may but don't have to respect. Definitely if it's not even their own fault - which is often the case.

Regarding the title and the artwork... Not sure what they want to pull off. I like the atypical artwork actually, but this simplicity, combined with the absence of a title puzzles me. Is one of the reasons merely because they couldn't chose for any of the songs to be the title track?
                If I listen to the record, I would chose as an album title "Was ich liebe" or "Weit weg". But the first one would be weird because it has "Liebe" in it again, like the last one, and "Weit weg" would be weird because they chose not to perform it live. They couldn't have called it "Deutschland" I guess, because that would wildly stear the album reception in some political directions (the same for "Ausländer")... "Puppe" would just not do it, as well as "Sex", which doens't need much explanation... Maybe they should've called it "Radio"?

I hope we get some making ofs again that explain more why they did what they did.
                Last edited by Waidmann; 07-28-2019, 01:22 PM.
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• has anyone worked out any meaning to the match patterns in the booklet?

Comment

• ^I'm not sure it's meant to be more than an artistic representation of the song number.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Comment

• ^Nice bit, but I hope we are going to see more actual interviews with the band members. Now we just saw them in action and reacting to quick questions.
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• On the site of Dark Music is read an interesting view (in german) on the artwork. He sees it as a tabula rasa, a back to the beginning, a new begin (like Richard also said it feels like), with the space and the unused match. Even the title is not there.
                          At another place (I think it was Metal Hammer) Richard said they wanted to show a lightness, through the element "air", after they used the other elements so often in their previous music.

In my review I actually agreed to this. It sounds new. The heavy darkness from Rosenrot and LIFAD is gone, this sounds way more positive and light. Although Was ich Liebe and Hallomann still hold elements from this period.
                          Tabula rasa. Eine leere Seite, ein unbeschriebenes Blatt Papier. Zurück zum Ursprung, an die Quelle, an die Wurzel, vor der Show, vor den Skandalen, vor dem
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• According to official yearly German chart figures published by the GfK, Rammstein's 2019 release is the most successful album of the year. The untitled album sold 260,000 in its first week and went to #1 in 14 countries.

Source: https://www.rammstein.de/en/the-most...album-of-2019/

Comment

• It only occurs to me now that Flake already during their MIG summer tour in 2013 said that coming up with album titles was a very hard ordeal for the band, and that he would love for them to just release a nameless record. Well, there you have it.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Rammstein - Making Of Album-Photosession (Official)

Comment

Working...
                                X