Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.


xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Greatest Metal Frontman - Vote now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    I think many people confused the word "frontman" with "singer" in this contest. Surely there are better singers than Till, but better frontmen... In many bands I wouldn't even see the singer as the frontman. And many bands weren't even given a change as a very short selection of bands was made (for instance you don't have to like GNR, but they were once the biggest metal band of all times, even defeating Metallica in every aspect; now they're still big but they're not even mentioned at all in the competition...).

    Still... big achievement for Till!
    thats because you got 6 Axl Roses in the LIFAD box set!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by yermawsucks View Post
      thats because you got 6 Axl Roses in the LIFAD box set!
      That's just your opinion and you know that's nog legit enough. There are lots of "old heroes" in the running (even dead ones!), there's absolutely no reason why Axl Rose, once practically undenyable the most charismatic frontman ever, should be left out, except maybe if they chose to see GNR not as metal (and there could be found reasons for that I suppose). And if you know rock history you know there are lots of assholes in the competition. I doesn't matter what you think, yermawsucks, apparently it's not about today (beacause Dio is long dead now), it's about legacy. And you don't have to have liked Axl ever to recognize his succes (ticket sells and media attention point out they were the most succesfull band ever in 1992). Hell, there are tons of bands I hate but of which I must admit they are widely loved and seem to have such an impact they'd probably should end up in rock history after all.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
        That's just your opinion and you know that's nog legit enough. There are lots of "old heroes" in the running (even dead ones!), there's absolutely no reason why Axl Rose, once practically undenyable the most charismatic frontman ever, should be left out, except maybe if they chose to see GNR not as metal (and there could be found reasons for that I suppose). And if you know rock history you know there are lots of assholes in the competition. I doesn't matter what you think, yermawsucks, apparently it's not about today (beacause Dio is long dead now), it's about legacy. And you don't have to have liked Axl ever to recognize his succes (ticket sells and media attention point out they were the most succesfull band ever in 1992). Hell, there are tons of bands I hate but of which I must admit they are widely loved and seem to have such an impact they'd probably should end up in rock history after all.
        you are right

        but I think the band's lead guitarist is liked more than the singer; that tells you something. Axl is known for being a bit of a knob especially seeing that he is the only original member of GnR left and it is no secret that he is the reason why! My comment was not about GnR, just my opinion of Axl Rose who at one point must have been very difficult to work with. so two reasons I think he isn't on the list: he wasn't a good frontman (people still love Slash); and GnR may be more Hard Rock than metal.

        Anyway, Till lost out to Rob Halford of Judas Priest (are they still going? Edit - I looked it up they are!) and other bands that I haven't heard of, like 2wo. But then Judas Priest isn't my taste. And Dio is not long dead. Jim Morrisson is long dead, Dio died like 2-3 years ago! How old are you if you think that's a long time? (How old am I if I think that's a short time?)

        And you are wrong, my opinion is just as legit as yours.
        Last edited by yermawsucks; 11-21-2013, 08:53 AM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by yermawsucks View Post
          you are right

          but I think the band's lead guitarist is liked more than the singer; that tells you something. Axl is known for being a bit of a knob especially seeing that he is the only original member of GnR left and it is no secret that he is the reason why! My comment was not about GnR, just my opinion of Axl Rose who at one point must have been very difficult to work with. so two reasons I think he isn't on the list: he wasn't a good frontman (people still love Slash); and GnR may be more Hard Rock than metal.

          Anyway, Till lost out to Rob Halford of Judas Priest (are they still going? Edit - I looked it up they are!) and other bands that I haven't heard of, like 2wo. But then Judas Priest isn't my taste. And Dio is not long dead. Jim Morrisson is long dead, Dio died like 2-3 years ago! How old are you if you think that's a long time? (How old am I if I think that's a short time?)

          And you are wrong, my opinion is just as legit as yours.
          I'm 25, thank you . Yes, I know Dio's only died a few years ago (I actually went to one of his last concerts, one from Heaven and Hell that is), but it's long enough to point out this poll was about a legacy, not about current frontman. And when I said that, I was thinking you were bashing Axl because he isn't a big deal anymore to many people. That was my mistake, my misinterpretation of your words.

          There are many other frontman on that list who were once hard to work with. Hetfield for instance was luckily only Newsted quit when James was all by himself trying to drink the world's entire alcohol supply. So I think "not being a good frontman as a person" wasn't an something the makers of this contest had in mind. I shouldn't tell you Ozzy is even worse in that point of view. But than again they could've been very subjective. In the end I just don't know.

          It's legit to have an opinion, but I thought it wasn't stated/overthought enough (I should've made that more clear tbh), as I was easily capable of inventing several problems with it. Allthough I might 've reacted to seriously on your obviously humouristic statement (god, my english sucks :s!!!). I'm a big Axl fan, always have been, so I deal with a lot of haters. There are lots of legit reason to dislike him, and you gave some of those, so that's cool. But there are many who dislike him for the wrong reasons. Thought you were jumping on that band wagon as well, but I was wrong. I'll add it to the pile of misjudgings I made about you in these posts .

          Finally someone on this board who puts me in my place XD!
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Snake View Post
            You can all take confort in the fact the oficial judas priest facebook passed around the voting, whereas Rammstein facebook kept quites about it.
            Really says how much Till really cares about this
            Die Rammstein Akten.
            The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
            http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              I'm 25, thank you . Yes, I know Dio's only died a few years ago (I actually went to one of his last concerts, one from Heaven and Hell that is), but it's long enough to point out this poll was about a legacy, not about current frontman. And when I said that, I was thinking you were bashing Axl because he isn't a big deal anymore to many people. That was my mistake, my misinterpretation of your words.

              There are many other frontman on that list who were once hard to work with. Hetfield for instance was luckily only Newsted quit when James was all by himself trying to drink the world's entire alcohol supply. So I think "not being a good frontman as a person" wasn't an something the makers of this contest had in mind. I shouldn't tell you Ozzy is even worse in that point of view. But than again they could've been very subjective. In the end I just don't know.

              It's legit to have an opinion, but I thought it wasn't stated/overthought enough (I should've made that more clear tbh), as I was easily capable of inventing several problems with it. Allthough I might 've reacted to seriously on your obviously humouristic statement (god, my english sucks :s!!!). I'm a big Axl fan, always have been, so I deal with a lot of haters. There are lots of legit reason to dislike him, and you gave some of those, so that's cool. But there are many who dislike him for the wrong reasons. Thought you were jumping on that band wagon as well, but I was wrong. I'll add it to the pile of misjudgings I made about you in these posts .

              Finally someone on this board who puts me in my place XD!
              I was dreading your reply! I wasn't trying to come across as a GnR hater or an Axl hater, I do enjoy a bit of Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City (you must be rolling your eyes lol). Anyway, well done for sticking with GnR through thick and thin, 14 years for an album and I thought Rammstein were bad!

              anyway your English is great! There are plenty of dildoes on the list, hell good old RZK the lead guitarist of Rammstein and frontman of Emigrate was a bit of a dildo during the Mutter era!

              and I am 25 too!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by yermawsucks View Post
                I was dreading your reply! I wasn't trying to come across as a GnR hater or an Axl hater, I do enjoy a bit of Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City (you must be rolling your eyes lol). Anyway, well done for sticking with GnR through thick and thin, 14 years for an album and I thought Rammstein were bad!

                anyway your English is great! There are plenty of dildoes on the list, hell good old RZK the lead guitarist of Rammstein and frontman of Emigrate was a bit of a dildo during the Mutter era!

                and I am 25 too!
                That's a risky thing to say of RZK on this board !

                No, I understand, yermawsucks, you explained yourself very well . It's actually because of GNR I'm really thrilled that Rammstein tries to do at least several things each year to shurrup us a bit. They didn't come with an album, but they had the singles, the tour, the new tour, the video... It gives me hope as well that we'll see something new in 2014 (probably some docu or DVD).
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                  That's a risky thing to say of RZK on this board !
                  No reactions

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Ronnie James Dio won.

                    Source: http://loudwire.com/ronnie-james-dio...an-tournament/

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Well, I suppose that is is acceptable. Still would've preferred Till.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        At his highest peak Dio was indeed beyond normal. He could run and still produce a loud, steady rasp voice that others couldn't ever. Good winner, although his whole stage appearance was usually a bit basic (no special moves, acts or so).
                        Last edited by Waidmann; 11-28-2013, 12:12 AM.
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Late again as usual
                          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X