Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Books by Till

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like yours, it's more personal. Thanks ...

Comment

^
      Thank you, it was fun doing it, and the Dutch subtitles helped.

Comment

Oh, by the way, I think the most interesting here is: Till seems to expect an English and a Spanish translation! Though some of us have struggled/are struggling our way through the German original -a translation would be welcomed. Don't you think. I know I would be in line for the English, if only as a help to understand the German better.

Comment

Sure it's very interesting, but I have my doubts about translating poetry, it's not like translating a story, in poetry each word has its importance and translating it could mean losing the beauty or the meaning. Till loves playing with words and ambiguity, I'm sure I always lose part of the lyrics.

Comment

Ezzy has posted the link to buy the book translated in Dutch.

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/in-stille-na...0000026077840/

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
              Sure it's very interesting, but I have my doubts about translating poetry, it's not like translating a story, in poetry each word has its importance and translating it could mean losing the beauty or the meaning. Till loves playing with words and ambiguity, I'm sure I always lose part of the lyrics.
              You are right about losing something in translation, but I've read poetry from Turkey in Danish and found it beautiful, an experience I wouldn't have had otherwise as my Turkish is way below nil. And I'm sure an experienced translator (who are often poets/writers themselves) can do much better than me with my little Danish-German dictionary.

So if an English version will be available I would buy it, as a compliment to the German, and probably give me a better understanding than the one I have now.

You once provided me with a link to a Korean girl (I think she is) who attempted to translate Messer, and her translations and comments helped me greatly. I printed them out and have her version next to me when I read the original, and every bit helps :-)

Comment

Sure a translation helps to understand.

Probably with English and Spanish translations it would be different, because he speaks both languages and he could supervise it.

Comment

More to talk about..... via Rammstein-Netherlands

Oscar van Gelderen meets Till Lindemann. Read the Dutch version here: http://www.boekblad.nl/oscar-van-gel...n.232589.lynkx

Translation by Madelon Stuut:
                  Oscar van Gelderen: tequila with Rammstein

'Dagen van lood'. Beautiful gloomy book from Rob van Erkelens written at the nineties, who looked back then a bit like how Till Lindemann looks now, only a bit less trained. Regarding the hair and the doom it looks about the same. I had to think of it when I woke up Thursday morning.

Today is the big day. I left London behind me, I travelled Wednesday via Brussels to home, I discovered 'de Eurostar' when the volcanic ashes made it impossible to travel to the Fair a couple of years ago. You're stepping out in the heart of London, without delay or a paranoid atmosphere on the airport. A blessing.

At Schiphol airport Till Lindemann appears (did I already mention he is the frontman of Rammstein?) landed earlier then planned. I check at which gate he will come out, and run to arrival gate 1. After 15 minutes Birgit calls (the manager) and asks me where I am: they are standing at arrival gate 2. Which lunatic works on this arrival boards actually? Is that a job? How hard can it be?

I prepared myself on whiplashes today, flagellation from the better Germanic kind. Now I have to find Birgit, who walks without doubt angry around on sky high heals and pulls with red painted nails her blond painted hair in a tight knot. In my head I hear Till his voice:

Ich tu dir weh
                  Tut mir nicht leid
                  Das tut dir gut
                  Hört wie es schreit

Till appears to be a ray of sunshine, is genuinely delighted with the very first translation of his poem book. The sun is shining, we walk to a taxi: 'Helles Licht' I say to him, and he looks at me surprised, suspects a connoisseur.

I quickly mail to Lebowski: very relaxed guy! Everybody replies relieved. Pfieuw!

In the hotel Birgit and me first inspect the presidential room, where all interviews will take place. This room appears to be huge, with a magnificent view over 'de Amstel', about which later more.

Arnon Grunberg landed on Schiphol at 10.00 if everything is alright, so just in time to do a lunchinterview for NRC and HUMO. He is fan of the work of Rammstein, and Bück dich is his favorite song. That is also a great song during vacuum cleaning, by the way. Exactly on time Grunberg walks into the lobby of the hotel. We are going to lunch and order champagne, because tomorrow it is Till his mother's birthday and we need to celebrate the Dutch translation. Till talks nineteen to the dozen about the origin of his texts, about Rammstein (a marriage, but without sex), about the controversy around the band. The scallops are delicious.

Collegue Roel van Diepen has arrived too, who will assist, cause we have a tight scheme and we need continuously go up and down to the suite on the highest level. Romy Seep takes care of the make up, and 'de Jakhalzen' (dutch reporters from De Wereld Draait Door) arrived: Erik is fan from Rammstein en the gentleman Lindemann and Dijkstra are getting along very well. There has been ordered beer. Later we hear that the empy bottles has been thrown into the Amstel, but well, then they should have called the beer differently.

I discuss the situation with Roel: we are almost disappointed, that after a hundred mails from Birgit, with all thinkable details of the visit (a visit that actually only can go wrong, cause there is always going something wrong) now going surpisingly smooth. A Slight adjustment.

After that follow 'de Volkskrant', 'nu.nl' and 'Parool', and at about half 5 and a half box Amstel beer for Till further, the job is done. Time for drinks with the poet.

Till insist that we all drink tequila shots, and that does not have to be told twice to the Dutch reporters. One after the other expensive shot has been drunk: also the pr lady from L'Europe is joining, And of course Stijn, our brave intern, who earlier became friends with his hero Dave Eggers and now gets hit on his shoulder by Till.

The atmosphere is getting better, Till is enjoying it, and there has been taken a group picture. More tequila has been brought in, and Dutch reporter Arie Boomsma is getting tipsy and almost falls of this bar chair. Starik/ Tuinman have arranged that Till will conduct their wedding ceremony,Wigman is cool as always, Harmen his son Juul is proudly taking a picture with Till. His teacher once visited a Rammstein performance, but there can be only one boss of course.

Till is giving me his mobile phone number, we are going to make plans, everything will be allright, the poetic world domination starts in the Netherlands.

Carefully i'm trying to find out the damage at the barkeeper.

At night I am calling Martijn Griffioen, and catch up with him. I don't tell him that we pushed half the marketingbudget through it at the bar of the hotel. But who cares, we serve the poetry.

Comment

Probably these photos were taken then.

Source:Uitgeverij Lebowski FB Page

Till Lindemann and Arie Boomsma:

SOurce: Rammstein Netherlands
                    Last edited by Maya; 04-13-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Seems like Till was having a good - and drunken time in Amsterdam. A condition I know very well ;-) It also seems like the police are getting involved (I know of that too):

http://nos.nl/artikel/635059-worp-bi...nderzocht.html

Translation: The water-police in Amsterdam have started an investigation in reaction to a piece of film in De Wereld Draait Door yesterday evening. In that Jakhal's Erik Dijkstra was seen throwing a beer bottle from a great hight onto a tour boat from the firm Zonnebloem. The bottle narrowly missed a woman on board.
                      The firm is very shocked over the incident. Manager Noud van Rooij is worried and calls the action disturbing.

Comment

• And it seems that the reporter is apologising: http://nos.nl/artikel/635097-jakhals...mme-actie.html
                        but the piece is too long for me to translate right now, I've just finished the last of the Becherowka from Prague and am almost ready to hit the hay ;-)

Comment

• It's ashame Mein Herz brennt is quoted wrongly in that 'interview' . No "helles Licht" but "heller Schein"!
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• It looks like they have removed the segment from their web-page. I cannot play it any more? Any other?

Comment

• Yup I can´t play it. Thanks for posting. When I saw it, I thought the weird it was they had publish that part.
                              Another one http://www.wtf.nl/grenzeloos/19583/o...e-jakhals.html
                              Last edited by Maya; 04-13-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Another chance to get a book signed by Till, this time given by our friends of Rammstein USA.

Rammstein USA exclusive giveaway! We're raffling two (2) "In Stillen Nächten" books hand-signed by Till Lindemann, donated by FRESH EGGS gallery on occasion of "In Stillen Nächten" art being presented during Cutlog Art Fair in NY .

All you have to do to win:
                                1) Tell us why do you think we should give it to you
                                2) Like and share this post

P.S. Winners will be announced on May 10, 2014. All decisions are final.

Comment

Working...
                                X