Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein Super Deluxe Edition Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rammstein Super Deluxe Edition Review

Hi,
    I wanted to see what other folks think about the Rammstein Super Deluxe Edition pack. Before I post my own review please note that it's my personal opinion. As such it's subjective and cannot, nor should it, be objective. If you don't like what I have to say post your own opinion, but don't slam me for mine. I extend the same courtesy to everyone else.

First off, I got one of the faulty ones, however, I really don't care much about the blemishes. It gives it kind of a nostalgic look.

I wish they would have put a lid on the metal box and made it a true tin box. The design they used is not practical and if you're not careful opening it everything just falls out and it's cumbersome to put everything back together. The booklet is nice. All lyrics are included and lots of pictures I have not seen yet. Only drawback is that it could have been a larger print IMO.

The DVDs contain all their videos, which makes it well worth it for me to buy this set. My all time favorite is "Keine Lust." Still cannot figure out the "Links 2 3 4" video. LOL I don't get that one. But it is a great compilation and a "must have" for every fan I think. I was blown away that they actually went through all the work of putting together the "Makings Of." That is an incredible treasure to have for everyone. I think it gives fans a much better insight into the band. They hit the bulls eye with that one. Haven't seen all of them yet, but will get to it in a little while. Don't forget to turn on the subtitles if you don't speak German.

I am really not sure what the deal is with the remixes? What were they thinking? If there's a particular purpose behind it, it surely escapes me. I listened to all the remixes and do not care for any of them. It would have been much better for them to do a CD with studio samples, or previously unreleased songs. Every band has those, stuff they didn't care for too much to release, or they didn't have room for on their released albums. To me that's a waste of a CD and I don't think I'll ever play it again. I think what I might do is put together my own "Best Of" based on my favorites and replace the remix CD with it.

As to the track compilation of MIG. Obviously, they cannot make it right for everyone. I am sure we all have songs we'd rather see on the CD then others. However, I think it's a very good cross section of their work. I am missing some of my favorites such as "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?" "Der Meister" "Asche zu Asche" "Heirate Mich" from Herzeleid, "Alter Mann" and " Eifersucht" from Sehnsucht, "Feuer Frei" and "Spieluhr" from the Mutter album. Feuer Frei to me is one of their Signature Songs (think the XXX movie), so I really don't get the omission here. "Spring" from Rosenrot. Lastly "Weidmanns Heil" from LIFAD.

Like I said, it's all up to personal taste and I am fairly certain that the band members discussed and chose based on their own favorites, and perhaps while keeping in mind sales numbers. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

All in all it's a great set to have and it surely illustrates their career from 1995 - 2011 in a great way. I wouldn't say it's a master piece due to the design of the set and small booklet from a practical point of view, and then the inclusion of the remixes, but the DVDs with the making ofs and MIG CD more than make up for it. To me it's money well spent if you are a fan. On a scale from 1 - 10 I'd give it an 8.

I look forward to May 25th when they play in Houston and I finally get to see them live.

I didn't bought the deluxe version. From the content that is known to have, and the images that I've seen, I think is way too overpriced. You are paying 100 € for something that hardly has anything new or unreleased. It should have had an all new documentary, live footage, and second CD with more songs instead of remixes. The design of the package is pretty clever, though.

Btw, you started 2 threads with the same content and title. I figured that it was some kind of error, so I deleted one of them.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I think you got a point there. I like the idea of a documentary and second CD. Thanks for deleting the duplication.

Comment

Another review...

I agree with Snake, it's overpriced. And worse, you can get a faulty one, I read lot of cases... some of them are going to keep it and buy another one, but others have to discuss with Universal Music...

I've got the special edition, I will never play the remixes-cd, I listened to it before owning it and was enough. (as I posted somewhere)

But I would like to see the booklet...

Comment

Update:

So I took the time and watched all the "making ofs" that are contained on the DVDs. Like I said in my original review, you will get a much better insight into the band itself. There's a couple of things that really stand out. It is no accident that Rammstein is one of the few bands that didn't undergo a lineup change to this day. They are all very aware that only as a collective they can ensure success and continuation. They treat each other with respect and they all contribute in equal ways. There's not really "the true individual star" as is the case in so many bands with the front man (lead singer usually). Think of Creed and Scott Stapp. There's none of that with Rammstein. They truly just have a lot of fun together, whether it's on stage or while filming a video.

The other thing is how meticulous and detail oriented they are. When you watch the making of "Rosenrot" you will see what I mean. They get so much into it during the scene in which they punish themselves by whipping their backs with a cat o' nine tails that they actually start bleeding (Flake in particular). They go all out and want it to look real, even if it hurts as they say. It's a theme that continues throughout the making ofs.

All in all I believe there's over 6 hours of footage. I took a few breaks, but was so intrigued that I had to finish it. Call me a fanatic if you wish. If you are as fascinated by them as I am, you will surely appreciate all of it and gain a valuable insight into the band as a whole.

Comment

Working...
          X