Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

25.02.2012 - Great Britain - Birmingham - LG Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACOJONANTE!!!!!!

It's amazing, I love your review.

RAMMSTEIN indication... it reminds me of.

Messy and dangerous? They should come here...

I'm glad to read you had a great time. I'm so jealous...

Comment

Brilliant review Jorge, just exactly how i felt, we were lucky not to have the knob in the boat at London. I am still on a permenant high, i dont think i will ever come down
      The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

... Saturday night, after the concert (I can't get used to end a concert at 22.30, when in Spain they finish after midnight), back to the Holiday Inn in Sollihurst...

... sandwich in Subway (could we have found a Leberkäse in there...?)...

... pint of Becks in local pub (no my beloved Köstritzer Schwartzbier)...

... Rihanna in the speakers, girls in pinkish "childoid" outfit (and not in black/red/blue and ready for Schlacht und Krieg )...

sigh, why I woke up?
        Last edited by Jorge; 02-27-2012, 10:09 PM.
        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          ... Saturday night, after the concert (I can't get used to end a concert at 22.30, when in Spain they finish after midnight), back to the Holiday Inn in Sollihurst...

... sandwich in Subway (could we have found a Leberkäse in there...?)...

... pint of Becks in local pub (no my beloved Köstritzer Schwartzbier)...

... Rihanna in the speakers, girls in pinkish "childoid" outfit (and not in black/red/blue and ready for Schlacht und Krieg )...

sigh, why I woke up?
          Sure, for me it's weird too... the end is when here is almost beginning

Back to reality, but with great memories ^^

Comment

Past saturday, Portugal sent a message to Rammstein

"Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

419398_357411820948418_156812604341675_1160861_1027874095_n copy.jpg
              «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
              Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242[/ATTACH]
                Je, je, je
                My eyes always go to the flags of our neighbours, I almost miss it.

Comment

Don't you miss something????

Comment

^Ok ok ok. Here it goes my review:

Me and my friends arrived at the LG arena by 11 am. We were 8 portuguese guys, and we though that we had arrived too late to get to front row. Since it was a saturday, we were expecting much more people to be there. Fortunately we were wrong: even though was already 11 am, there were only roughly a dozen fans waiting for the doors to open.

I got a very good impression of The LG arena workers. When we arrived, we still had to collect half of our tickets at the box office store - and officially, we were only supposed to be able to do it after 5 pm (and the doors would open at 6 pm). But we tried our luck and went to the box office by 12 pm to collect them. The ladies gave us the tickets imediatly, and we were able to return to the doors with no worries about tickets that we didn't had yet. I could only say "thank you very very very much" to the ladies. It ended up being great, because by 4 pm, the box office had already a huge queue.

By 5 pm, the stewarts showed up, and asked us to stand up. They scanned our tickets and gave us wristsbands. The door opened at 6 pm, as scheduled. As soon as they opened, everybody made a run to get to the rail. Due to all the hurry, my group ended up getting split into 2, but we all managed to get to the rail anyway. I was once again able to get to first row, but this time I got to be in front of Kruspe, rather than Till. Each group promptly covered the rail we a portuguese flag.

The show started at 7:30 pm with Deathstars. I ended up enjoying them more than what I was expecting. But I also found them to be way to much inspired by Marilyn Manson, as far as imagery is concerned. Even some backing vocals were way too reminescent of MM. But they are a decent opening nontheless. They played for about half an hour. More half an hour to go until Rammstein made their entrance. And so they did.

When I was in the rehearsal show, I did not see the entrance with the bridge. But this time I did. I have to say, that it is the most impressive entrace of them so far. The music intro, with that long, steady beat, fits perfectly their walk across and above the audience, with Oliver leading the way with a tourch. I specially liked the detail of Till grabbing the mic only after the walk was finished, and all the band members standing by each others side. And then the counting begins: "Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, Funf, Secht, Seben, Acht, Nein, AUS". I never though Sonne could be such an impressive opener.

The set list was exactly the same as in previous concerts. No surprises. Songs like "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?", "Mutter", "Mein Teil", "Sehnsucht", "Mein Herz Brennt" were all present again. I specially like to see Mutter getting the spark shower that used to be used in Ohne Dich. That pyro defenitely suits better "Mutter". I specially liked to see the pyro for "Mein Herz Brennt", when Till unzips his top, and exposes a huge LED posing as a beating heart. Then he makes a gesture that reseambles ripping his heart off of his chest, and shows it burning in his hand. This for me is the most creative pyro that they have, and I finally could see it again (they didn't performed that pyro at BBM).

During "Haifisch", the boat trip was cut short due to an asshole climbing into the boat. If climbing into the boat were not enough, the asshole even made a victory pose to the audience. That only added more points to such douchebaggery. Flake was defenetely not pleased nor impressed with that guy.

Moreever, I have to say that the idea of a b-stage is shitty for people standing in front row. Once the band crosses the bridge and starts playing in that stage, you don't see them anymore until the finished and cross the bridge again to the main stage. You can only ear them play Buck Dich, Mann gegen Mann, and Ohne Dich, but not performing those songs. It awesome for people staying in the back and in the balcony, though.

Finally, they ended the concert with Pussy. The only thing that made this song worth anything for me, was the fact that when Till passed with the penis-canon near me, he made eye contact with me for a brief moment. After Pussy was over, they nealed before the audicence, and we displayed a total of 4 portuguese flags:

Only 3 flags are visible in the photo, because this one was taken in the end of Deathstars performance. When Rammstein finished, we all made sure they would see 4 flags. We all hope Rammstein noticed them, and that they got the message that we tried hard to send to them. Portugal owned Rammstein this past Saturday.

After the concert was over, the security of LG Arena was in a hurry to close the venue. We could also see Rammstein staff promptly dissabembling the stage as soon as the band was gone. We couldn't even get merchandising, but one of the security guards was kind enough to take some photos of us all together.

This time I did not had an oportunity to cross paths with any band member. Howeever, I did had an oportunity to cross paths with a member of this forum. I was able to meet cannibal_wotsit and her boyfriend after the show. We actually could have met before the concert, but when I saw her earlier I wasn't sure if was really her, and was afraid to make a fool of myself in front of somebody else. I was very pleased to met her and her boyfriend. I would also like to meet Jorge and Art in Heaven, but such was not possible.

After we were outside, we saw the mytical touring trucks on the other side of the arena, and the though of trying to get to the aftershow imidiately crossed our minds. We did tried our luck, but we were told that only women were allowed inside. We insisted a little bit, and even persuaded the LG arena security guards to contact Rammstein own body guards about a group of 8 portugueses that travelled to the UK to attend the concert. We were not allowed to go, but at least we hope that Rammstein were told that we tried to be there. That would only make the ownage even more awesome.

Overall, this concert was amazing yet again. But I already knew what was going to happen. In my position, it was impossible for me to go there completely unaware of what they would play and what stunts would be performed. That took away a lot of the wonder. Even though I liked this LG arena adventure, its still the BBM adventure that is more special to me. But I really liked the LG arena, and if I ever return to the UK for Rammstein, it will be again in Birmingham, for sure.
                    Last edited by Snake; 02-29-2012, 01:51 AM.
                    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

"A buen entendedor, pocas palabras bastan."

I love it. Your second review and again amazing.
                      Last edited by Maya; 02-29-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

"Moreever, I have to say that the idea of a b-stage is shitty for people standing in front row"

And an A stage is shitty for people who are not in the front row

You can't imagine how much I enjoyed them from my seat location
                        -----

It would have been great to meet, but I I was quite busy at work last week to research in the forum who was attenting the concert.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. But you have to try a concert in the O2! It is an awesome venue... (althought the transport link is chaotic)
                        Last edited by Jorge; 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM.
                        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

^I don't doubt it, but I really apreciated the LG Arena. They workers were very nice to us.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Great review Snake, i am glad you enjoyed your first visit to the UK, I have never been to the LG but maybe one day i will get to see Rammstein there and compare it to the 02 London
                            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Anyone fancies a drink this weekend as a post-concert gathering in London, in Zeitgeist, the German pub in Vauxhall?
                              Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Venga, pero mejor vente a Madrid

Comment

Working...
                                X