Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    A concert with Till Lindemann has been announced in Slovakia on December 1st. It will be in a medium sized arena (6000 spectators capacity). Till Lindemann will apparantly play a Europe tour in December 2021, calles the «Ich hasse Kinder»-tour.

Tickets range from 98 to 219 euros.

Link: https://ticketmedia.sk/performance/937/TILL-LINDEMANN

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post

It was never based in reality, just wishful thinking from fans because of his many visits and long stays. They seem to forget that the mother of his 5th kid is not Russian, but Ukrainian ;-)
    If they're form eastern Ukraine like Donjetsk, then they might very well be pro-Russia of course.

But no, I think people dwell too long upon the Russian stuff from Till. As far as we now, he might've spent only ten days in Russia this year (maybe not even in a row). We can't deny he has a special bound with the country, but as Chrisss Nofff says, it seems very loose.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

No idea how that would work. I know that in Germany you can have a double citizenship, and have two passports in two countries. His connections to Russia are very loose (he isn’t married there, born there or long-term employed there).
    It was never based in reality, just wishful thinking from fans because of his many visits and long stays. They seem to forget that the mother of his 5th kid is not Russian, but Ukrainian ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    That was to be expected. It's not long since the Russian fanbase stated as a fact, that he was on the brink of becoming a Russian citizen. More utopia than reality if you ask me. Could potentially make touring difficult for him solo as well as Rammstein if it was real.

No idea how that would work. I know that in Germany you can have a double citizenship, and have two passports in two countries. His connections to Russia are very loose (he isn’t married there, born there or long-term employed there).

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
    This performance has of course sparked a lot of political discussions in the Lindemann/Rammstein-fanbase.
    That was to be expected. It's not long since the Russian fanbase stated as a fact, that he was on the brink of becoming a Russian citizen. More utopia than reality if you ask me. Could potentially make touring difficult for him solo as well as Rammstein if it was real.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Till Lindemann's performance at the Red Square can be seen on Youtube. He only performed "Lubimiy Gorod" (as expected, he could never do "Golden Shower" or "Bück Dich" at such an event). He actually sang 100% live, he even made a small mistake.

This performance has of course sparked a lot of political discussions in the Lindemann/Rammstein-fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^ The performance tonight is off, I think next week is on as that is an official festival. I don't think we will ever hear anything official from Till, he doesn't respond publicly to controversy.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    We haven't heard any update from Till himself regarding any of this. Including the status of his performance in Moscow next week. I hope he is doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Maybe this will mean the - for many fans long awaited (not me) - end of Till's Russian adventures .

Not that I'm an expert on Russia, but things often evolve to this, when you're connecting with officials, high society or do anything publicly in Russia: it gets polticized very quickly, and then you don't knwo what's going to happen to you. Many bands just go, do their gig an leave. The fans are amazing, but one must really be carefull of what you're doing besides of the stage. I agree that Russia has been very good to his current solo project and Lindemann before that. They seem to really like to fund whatever Till is doing over there, and so far IMO it has been great. But it's still Russia, and one has to be carefull. If I were him, I'd finish this gig and would get out of there.
    Exactley, I have nothing against the Russian people. Any band should be allowed to play in any country they want. But I clearly take issue with the the Russian governments dictatorship and human rights violations.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    A bit of a rethink of who he's having around him and who he's allowing himself to connected to might be prudent.
    Playing at private parties for people with political aspirations might not be the way forward for someone whos has stated not to mix with or have a public interest in politics.
    The irony of him not commenting directly on the Andrei Borikov case, but probably getting kicked out of Russia for something completely different. I wouldn’t be suprised if his other appearance in Russia will get cancelled as well.

I don't judge Till in this case. It just shows that you can’t really speak your mind in modern day Russia.
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 09-01-2021, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    A bit of a rethink of who he's having around him and who he's allowing himself to connected to might be prudent.
    Playing at private parties for people with political aspirations might not be the way forward for someone whos has stated not to mix with or have a public interest in politics.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I would leave ASAP but probably he won’t, he has to perform in the festival in Moscú next week.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Maybe this will mean the - for many fans long awaited (not me) - end of Till's Russian adventures .

Not that I'm an expert on Russia, but things often evolve to this, when you're connecting with officials, high society or do anything publicly in Russia: it gets polticized very quickly, and then you don't knwo what's going to happen to you. Many bands just go, do their gig an leave. The fans are amazing, but one must really be carefull of what you're doing besides of the stage. I agree that Russia has been very good to his current solo project and Lindemann before that. They seem to really like to fund whatever Till is doing over there, and so far IMO it has been great. But it's still Russia, and one has to be carefull. If I were him, I'd finish this gig and would get out of there.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Seems like Till is getting embroiled in Russian politics, willing or unwillingly:

"On Saturday night, police came to the hotel room where Till Lindemann, was staying. The artist came to Russia to give a concert in the Tver region at the invitation of businessman Maxim Larin.

Larin himself explained the problems with the concert by pressure from local authorities, who fear that it might be perceived as campaigning for the Rodina Party. Larin declined to give any details about what happened at the Zavidovo hotel, explaining that he had to check with Lindemann's team first.

"Lindemann was issued an injunction not to violate anti-COVID measures in connection with the alleged concert in the Tver region, which was planned despite restrictions on holding public events. Investigation measures were carried out "as part of the application," without specifying which statement they were referring to.

Lindemann is to perform at the festival "Maklarin for Motherland" on August 29, in honor of the anniversary of the local beer holding company "Afanasy" and its head Maxim Larin.

The media wrote that Larin is running on behalf of the Rodina party for the regional parliament, but he himself told that it's actually his son who is running. However, the businessman was previously a local legislature member from this party.

Larin wrote: "It's a pity that the birthday of the holding and mine have been wrapped up in politics and destroyed."
    According to Larin, the local authorities did not like the name of the festival "Maklarin for Rodina," since it might refer to the name of the party. The businessman himself insists, however, that this event is exclusively "patriotically oriented".

Faced with pressure, the businessman, according to him, was no longer able to change the branding of the event. Then he appealed to visitors to the festival with a request not to come in branded T-shirts, so as "not to cause associations with politics.

According to the businessman, currently "officers in plain clothes" do not allow Lindemann to hold a rehearsal: "Before entering the holding, the police stop all the trucks with the equipment."

On Saturday morning Larin posted a photo of the musician with people in plainclothes on his VK page, writing, "Friends, we couldn't hide Lindemann and his band. They were found and are being pressed now." He later deleted the post.

Earlier, the band Bi-2, which was supposed to headline the festival, announced the cancellation of the concert "due to a warning about the inadmissibility of the event, received by the group from the local authorities." A few days later, Larin announced that Till Lindemann would perform and offered to hold the concert "without the smack of politics."

Anar Reiband, manager of Till Lindemann may be deported from Russia for violating the migration regime, an administrative case has been opened against him, Interfax reported, citing a source in the law enforcement agencies.

"Reiband was detained as part of administrative proceedings. When crossing the Russian border, he stated the purpose of the trip was tourism, although in fact he was organizing concert activities," the report said.
    Till Lindemann himself was issued a prescription to prevent the violation of anti-COVID measures at the planned concert in the Tver region.

"Materials have been sent to the Konakovo city court. If the court finds Reiband guilty, he faces placement in a temporary detention center for migrants and deportation from the Russian Federation," the report stated."

Source: BBC Russia, Gazeta.ru

https://www.facebook.com/rammwiki/po...55093344640289
    Last edited by The Rose; 08-28-2021, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I'm really surprised, he is in the closing ceremony, I wonder who are the artists of the other eight shows.

He hasn't post about it on his pages.
    Last edited by Maya; 08-19-2021, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X