Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in Progress

Hi Everyone,

I expect you all know by now that my son and son in law are back in action again with there band Work in Progress. The band have been together for about a over a year now but when the drummer hurt his back they had to give it up for awhile.

Last summer they came third in the Worthing battle of the bands contest, they will be entering again this summer and judging by the support at there gigs i am sure they are most definatly in with a chance of winning this year. They write a lot of there own songs but also do the occasional cover, they did an awesome punked up version of REM Losing my Religion.

They have two pub dates lined up, on 7th April they are playing at an unsigned bands festival, i hope the weather stays good for them as always a worry at open air festivals but it should be great and i am sure they will enjoy it anyway.

I will hope to get the time to post some video`s and photo`s here soon but in the meantime you can see them on there facebook page or on You Tube, just look for Work in Progress live at the Aintree Worthing.

Thanks for listening and i will keep you posted on how they are doing
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Work in Progress Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/official.work.in.progress

Work in Progress Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/workinprogressband10

Comment

Chernobyl

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
        They did an awesome punked up version of REM Losing my Religion.
        Here it is.
        Work In Progress "LOSING MY RELIGION" (live at the aintree)

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
          Here it is.
          Work In Progress "LOSING MY RELIGION" (live at the aintree)

Thanks Maya, cant do any of this from work, i am glad you like them, my son and the lead guitarist would like to `heavy` things up a bit but the others are not so keen, but i think there sound is quite unique and they are really making a name for themselves locally
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

I hope this year they win the Worthing battle of the bands contest. i will follow them via Facebook.

Comment

I hope this year they win the Worthing battle of the bands contest. i will follow them via Facebook.
              Thanks Maya, i think they should have won last year so hope they can do it, the band that won done mainly covers but i always think it is good to write your own original stuff as well. They are now working on a couple of new songs so should get to hear them at there next gig on April 20th

Comment

Less than a month.... They should add more videos on Youtube, There isn't any of their last gig.

Comment

Less than a month.... They should add more videos on Youtube, There isn't any of their last gig.
                  Yes they have about four coming up then Battle of the Bands starts the following week

I think Moz will be putting some on Youtube on his next day off on Wednesday this week

Comment

I'll be waiting for them.

Comment

I'll be waiting for them.
                      Just an extra note to add, the band have been promoted from the second stage to the main stage at the festival on Sat 7th April, that was apparently due to there brilliant performance last Saturday night

Comment

Amazing news...

Comment

I dont want to seem conceited but i am so proud of there achievment i cant help it

Comment

I would be very proud too.

Comment

RBF is being lazy or maybe too nervous.
                              She talked about a festival but nothing more. Here more details:

Cravin Unsigned band Festival 2012
                              They will be performing on MAIN STAGE at 5:20PM

Link to the festival page on FB facebook.com/Cravin-Unsigned-band-Festival-2012

Comment

Working...
                              X