No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I guess I just see no reason to put a picture of a band or singer on myself. It'd be nice to have some other options. Even just something with the logo would be fine.

I think part of my issue is that, much like the comparisons between Emigrate and Lindemann in the other thread, it just seems like RZK doesn't really care about what the fans think. He could've done so much more if he spend even an hour a month on his FB page, doing promotions. Or using the fan page to manage promotions. But he gives a paragraph comment every 6-18 months and that's it.

I realize the music itself is the thing for him, but come on. If you give us nothing, there will be nothing in return.

Look at bands like Eisbrecher, Stoneman, or even Imagine Dragons. The guys in the band are the ones posting and updating (at least much of the stuff) and have their own public profiles and everything. They are available to the fans. And it's AMAZING.

Rammstein give us nothing, not even a few words, for years at a time. Imagine if they actually cared enough to speak to the fans once in awhile. A line or two on FB or whatever.

Comment

• ^Indeed, I think the same about Emigrate. He just wants to make the record, that's it. Once it's out there, he doesn't seem to care anymore. That's his right, but it's sometimes hard for a fan to care about the release and products if he himself doesn't seem to.

Of course, Eisbrecher is a much smaller band, and I see such a devotion for constant close fb-contact with most smaller bands. Those bands are also from a bit later, a younger generation and maybe that has to do with it. And as soon as your band is a bit big, it's probably not even a band member anymore that's occupied with the fb-page.
      This reminds me that after all these months Flake still hasn't accepted my friendship request .

It was fun in 2009 when Rammstein gave that tour reports every few weeks, about how the shows and band were doing on the road; too bad that only lasted 3 or 4 volumes.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^ I will agree that Imagine Dragons is a MUCH younger band, but they are huge! And while Eisbrecher seems to have a more compact following, the band is not that young. They've got to be pretty close in age to Rammstein.

Anyway, not trying to completely nitpick. I am just irritated.

Because even though we won't hear anything at all until it is time to buy the 3rd album, I will still keep looking and I will still buy it.

Comment

• So, here we are into August, and not even a whisper that the third album will be on the way this year. I begin to think it will not happen until after the new R+ album. This is disappointing since he'd said they already had most of the songs done, but I suppose it is just business as usual.

Comment

• Don't desperate, probably there will be news soon.

Comment

• Till said in an Interview that Richard was mixing the new album in Miami. So it will be released sooner or later. Many rock albums sell well in spring, so maybe they delayed it until then.

Comment

• I hope so! But I will not hold my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                  So, here we are into August, and not even a whisper that the third album will be on the way this year. I begin to think it will not happen until after the new R+ album. This is disappointing since he'd said they already had most of the songs done, but I suppose it is just business as usual.
                  Perhaps RZK got cold feet after the underwhelming reception of SSL and the fact that Lindemann pretty much blue Emigrate out of the water.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^I'd be surprised if that happened. I honestly think he doesn't care what we think and he made the music for himself.

Comment

• Maybe he does not care what we think, but he strikes me as the kind of person that can feel jealousy.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Yeah, that could be true. But I doubt he would put in all that time and energy and then not finish it. He doesn't seem the type.

Comment

• ^He could finish it, but eschew a release.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Maybe RZK realized he overdid a bit with the PR last time, with too many repetitive interviews, too many useless teasers like pictures, updates, art-work etc. Lindemann had less stuff like this, and spread it better untill even after the release. Emigrate had too much and squeezed it all in before the release, creating a weird silence right after the release, without much comments on the songs (which is something many people would want to hear, I guess) or on the reception. They could've involved the guest singers as well, like letting J. Davis or Lemmy comment on their contribution. It was a bit badly handled IMO, though the record wasn't bad at all (could've apeared so, as they really raised the expectations quite high).

Still, hope this doesn't mean anything bad. I want the new record out, because I'm sure there will be at least a few tracks I'll like.
                            Last edited by Waidmann; 08-06-2015, 12:23 AM. Reason: it's too warm to type :(
                            Dort wo der Horizont
                            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^I agree with you, Emigrate's promotion wasn't very good, Lindemann's has been better and bigger. They have given many interviews in many different countries, with different content and talking about all the songs and inspiration, the process of writing, etc. I have enjoyed a lot the interviews, with Emigrate's after reading or listening two or three the fun was counting the "You Knows" he said.

Comment

• Emigrate USA new contest: 10 Years of Emigrate

Originally posted by Emigrate USA

Are you the Ultimate Emigrate fan? In celebration of 10 Years of Emigrate, we are giving away the best prize pack including:

1 autographed cymbal from Joe Letz
                                1 Emigrate Tshirt - Eat you Alive
                                1 Emigrate Lanyard - New York City
                                1 Emigrate Patch
                                2 Emigrate Pins

All you have to do to win it? Post your favorite Emigrate lyric in the comments... For an extra chance to win, share this post and use the hashtag ‪#‎10YearsOfEmigrate‬. Be sure to share on "public" or we won't be able to see it. Winner is chosen on September 5th.

Contest is open to all persons worldwide.

Now get ready....
                                Source: https://www.facebook.com/EmigrateUSA...e=1&permPage=1

Comment

Working...
                                X