No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to know RZK got himself a frustration-free environment, even if it means he is going to fart out yet another mediocre record. Never ocurred to me he suffesrs from anxiety, though.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Maybe you like the new one. I'm not surprised by his anxiety.

Comment

• He should really stop smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
          He should really stop smoking.
          I had a colleague once, when she read the paper and came to the page with obituaries said: Let's see who has stopped smoking.

I'm glad I stopped in a less brutal way 7 years ago. One night as I had my last smoke before going to sleep, I looked at the cigarette and said to myself: This is really stupid. And I haven't smoked since

Comment

• Good to hear some news. I guess "Silent So Long Volume II" is only a working title. I doubt the album will actually be released in late summer or fall. I think a october/november release is more realistic.

That being said, who is the guy on the last picture. I haven't seen him anywhere else. Also, is it just me or is every "behind the scenes" and "backstage"-photo by a band done in black and white? I heard from director Christopher Nolan that using black and white can be a poor-man's or lazy-man's trick into making something look good and proffesional
            . If you do a black and white picture, you don't need to think about coloring or focusing on lighting too much.
            Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 04-08-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
              . If you do a black and white picture, you don't need to think about coloring or focusing on lighting too much.
              That is SO not true, b/w enhances your mistakes, because there's no distraction.

I think it's just the band's style, it seems harsher than a "pretty" colour-picture

Comment

• ^Oh that's right, you work with something like photography don't you? I remember reading that somewhere on the forum.

Oh, well I might have misunderstood what Nolan said. However he did indeed say something about shooting black and white was a way of hiding the low budget of his debut movie "Following". It was also according to him easier and took less time.

I don't know much about photography, I was just quoting him. I think that it's part of Emigrate's style to have some sort of black/white/grey aesthetic. I was only wondering why they used it for almost every recent picture/video.

Comment

• There's a big difference in working in film and still-pictures. And most b/w-pictures you see are taken in 4C and then converted into b/w. I don't know about film/movies, but b/w film is cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    Glad to know RZK got himself a frustration-free environment, even if it means he is going to fart out yet another mediocre record. Never ocurred to me he suffesrs from anxiety, though.
                    It is not really that surprising, as many people with depression also have anxiety, and vise versa. Also, given his perfectionist tendencies when he's working, I'm glad he hasn't had any panic attacks. I've had them before and they are seriously not fun. I am glad this record seems to be going smoothly so far for them.
                    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                    I had a colleague once, when she read the paper and came to the page with obituaries said: Let's see who has stopped smoking.

I'm glad I stopped in a less brutal way 7 years ago. One night as I had my last smoke before going to sleep, I looked at the cigarette and said to myself: This is really stupid. And I haven't smoked since
                    That's awesome! I'm glad quitting worked for you

I wonder why the 2 month time limit though? Is that because he needs to get it all recorded and mixed and ready to go out because Rammstein will be going back to work in the Fall? Oh I hope so

Comment

• ^Here is the interview I was talking about. He starts talking about the simplicity of shooting in black and white film stock around 01:50.

Comment

• I think I should add this here:

RZK for Zoo Magazine.

Source: Emigrate USA

Comment

• So the last update we had in early April was that drums were recorded and guitar recording was in progress. RZK mentioned the limited time available for this album compared to the 2nd one, but didn't seem to feel too pressured (admittedly in a very short status update). Given then September/October meeting that's pretty much been confirmed in all the recent interviews, I wonder what sort of timeline SSL3 has at this point? I wonder if it's even reasonable to anticipate a 2015 release? I hope so, since if (fingers and toes crossed) Rammstein go back to work this fall...there won't be time for Emigrate.

While I very much want Rammstein to go back to work, I also don't want to wait another 7 years for SSL3...

Comment

• Emigrate stuff on Rammstein Shop: https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog/EMIGRATE.html

Comment

• :P

Can't say I'm impressed with the items available, but I guess it is what it is. Probably not going to be buying any of those...the white t-shirt is ok, but the cost is INSANE.

Comment

• ^I think most products are just fine, but maybe some other songs, like Rainbow, should be promoted through it.
                                The red hoody though is ugly as fck XD.
                                Dort wo der Horizont
                                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                                X