No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I'm not going to think something that is not written is bad, that would be absurd. I would like a new tour with the great old material, but I think it would be weird doing it again.

Comment

• Here is nice interview about Emigrate. I liked it.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...ss-610995#null

And on the end of the interview there's little comment about Rammstein. It seems like they are not going to studio for a long time.

Comment

• ^I think I have already read that interview before in a scan of a magazine.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
          ^I think I have already read that interview before in a scan of a magazine.
          It must be in this thread, se commented two or three parte of it.

Comment

• Emigrate just posted this text with few pictures on Facebook:

"Berlin in January:
            It was grey and it was depressing. My studio should’ve been my escape but in an environment like this I only wound up writing more depressing songs. It would’ve been a no-win situation if we hadn’t come up with some good stuff for the next record, but we did. More than we needed, actually. The goal was to get two more songs and suddenly we had six in the basket. I’ll be taking these songs along with others we’ve done back into the studio in March to record with the same crew. With any luck we’ll be mixing by late April, giving us a new Emigrate record in September. The grey should be gone by then, but for now I wish everyone more light than I’ve been getting here. Unless you’re writing depressing songs too.

Bis gleich, Richard Z.K."

https://www.facebook.com/Emigrate/posts/966366493373835

I'm so excited!! Another record! But still I would prefer new Rammstein record...

Comment

• So potentially in time for Christmas again. That would be nice. Given last year's timeline and dates and stuff though...if he says September, it will probably be early next year :P

It's too bad he feels the need to live somewhere he finds so depressing. I mean, if he is that susceptible to his climate, maybe he should look at somewhere not Berlin? To the best of my knowledge, there are more places to live than Berlin and New York...

Comment

• ^He should move to Portugal. We have a lot of sun and a lot of beaches.

Anyway, September is November in Rammstein-ish. He will release the album by then. And this time, I probably won't even bother to listen to it.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ Fair enough. I will still get it, maybe his more depressed mood will inspire? Who knows.

And I saw you told him to move to Portugal. Still trying to say you aren't a fanboy? ;D

This time of year, I'd love to be somewhere warm with beaches...and the time and money to make the most of it.

Comment

• ^I am a fanboy. But not a fanboy of Emigrate.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ So an RZK fanboy?

Comment

• ^Sure, why not?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I had a little extra time on my hands, so I thought I could translate this Norweagian review of Silent So Long. I don´t necessarily agree with everything that is written on that review, and I have thought about writing reviews for all three Emigrate records once the third one comes this Summer. The review is a translation from the norweagian newspaper Dagbladet and it is written by Torgrim Øyre. Here is the link. I thought it would be interesting for some Emigrate fans here to know what critics think of this record.

Rammstein-guitarist gets special VIP support
                          Written by Torgrim Øyre

Emigrate has both Marilyn Manson, along with members of Korn and Motörhead on their guest list, however that´s not enough to start a party.

Album: Rammstein-guitarist Richard Kruspe has used the hiatus of his "motherband" to make, well, more Rammstein music. In any case, he does not move far away from the "Industrial-style" the band has made into a multi-million success in the past 20 years.

Silent So Long does seem to have more rock in it, the lyrics are in English and the choruses have more pop in their melody. Apart from that, one does come across sounds and directions which might have found a better place on a Rammstein-record. The problem is, once you remove the weird and interesting lyrics, Till Lindemann´s distinctive vocals, and replace them with the factors mentioned earlier, you do end up with something less memorable in the long run.

Everything sounds professional and expensive. In addition the guest list is impressive.

Marilyn Manson gets into epic "Kashmir"-waters with "Hypothetical", while Lemmy from Motörhead gives "Rock City" his well-known "whisky-voice". Both are satisfying contributions. However they do not break barriers. Korn-vocalist Jonathan Davis is in that perspective the luckiest one with his apperance in the long and swelling title track.

Kuspe seems at best once he finds pop-choruses like in "Rainbow" or "Eat You Alive" .

In the end "Silent So Long" is a step up from the debut album, but sadly most of the material stays too save to be able to get compared with something like Nine Inch Nails.

Torgrim Øyre gave this album 3 out of 6 points.

(In Norway this is the standard way of evaluating a movie, book, album, play etc. It resembles the grade system the country performs in it´s schools. In the context of reviews, this style is often referred as "terningkast" which means to "dice". This is meant because the amount of points which can be given, are the same amount of dots a dice has on a spesific side.)
                          Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• I just used the last of my b-day money [bless your cotton socks my dear brother in law] to pick up all of Emigrate's stuff. Hopefully when it gets here on Monday I'll be able to annoy my office-mate with something else besides Rammstein
                            Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

• Sounds like the band is back in studio recording #3!

Comment

• Originally posted by Emigrate
                                Hey guys,
                                Here’s a quick update. We just finished recording drums for SSL II. Mikko flew in from Australia where he was on tour with Apocalyptica. This guy is an ANIMAL on drums and there is no higher compliment than that. He was able to bang out 8 tracks in 2 days like a champ. Much respect!
                                The atmosphere in the studio is very relaxed and free from frustration… I’m quite enjoying myself as I haven’t had one panic attack yet. Now that the drums are there I have set up my amps and recording chain to lay down the guitars. I don’t have the luxury this time to spend two months on it which is probably good since last time I ended up chasing the dragon (a.k.a. sound that doesn’t exist).
                                Ok, let’s all get back to work and I wish everybody some sunny days. We deserve it!
                                Richard ZK
                                Source: https://www.facebook.com/Emigrate/posts/997062323637585

Comment

Working...
                                X