No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good review, well thought through, but it wont make me rush out and buy the cd.

Comment

• I will read it again when I can listen to the tracks at the same time

Comment

• I've just gotten a WONDERFUL surprise! Silent So Long is on Pandora! It just showed up in my playlist

Comment

• @ER I'm waiting for your review of the next track, I read both and listen to the song after...

Comment

• Ok, I will do a couple more today. Have to admit I was super irritated when the internet ate my last one, so I haven't gotten back to it. I will do them today.

Comment

• I understand why, I use to copy the text before sending it, I have lost really long texts......

Comment

• Hypothetical

Again we have a song that makes no secret at all that it's about sex. Hypothetical does it better than Rock City mostly because Manson fits this song better than Lemmy fit his. The sound is very Manson-like with an Emigrate undertone in the guitars. This song also seems to fit the overall tone of the album better than Rock City did. As far as guest songs go, this one works. It could be on a Manson album or this one, and works equally well. Overall, the sound is more Manson than Emigrate, which is most of the reason for the lower score.

Based on interviews, Richard sent this song to Manson already basically done. I have to be honest, I can't envision Richard singing this song at all. Manson has definitely stamped it as his own.

ER's scorecard: 7/10

*First write up was better, but I can't remember what I said. Same basic stuff though. Stupid internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  I understand why, I use to copy the text before sending it, I have lost really long texts......
                  Yep, I do that sometimes. Usually hitting the back button will bring it back too, but not on this Forum. Oh well.

Comment

• Rainbow

I really like how this song starts out, musically. It has both a harder and lighter quality (I know, might not make sense) and we get the "classic" Emigrate guitar sound. It's fast and catchy. Though Richard talks about this album being so much darker than the first, this song is actually very sweet. As a parent, I can definitely relate to his feelings about his child. In fact, our youngest children are only a few months apart in age, so I very much relate to the feelings this song brings out when I think of my kids.

Musically, Rainbow is very catchy and fast. While I love this song (for the personal reasons above) it may not appeal to many fans, simply because it is sort of saccharine. Particularly as it directly follows two songs that are most definitely written with less...pristine...intention. However, I think Rainbow gives us a good showing of how much Richard's voice has developed since the first album.

ER's scorecard: 10/10 (personal score) 8/10 (regular fan album score)

Comment

• Born on my Own

After my first listen, I was disappointed in this song. It was slow. It wasn't catchy or heavy. Nothing really stood out. Then I listened to it on a very bad day of missing my dad, and it just clicked. The lyrics really caught me up and now it is one of my favorite songs on the album. It is dark and moody and depressing. It is the end of the world and the futility of everything.

It contains what I think is my absolute favorite line on the album: "Flames in waves, so beautiful."

Richard's singing is very well done, and I truly love the keyboards in this song. The guitars are classic Emigrate. This song shows pain and suffering. Like much of the album, giving up any premade thoughts about this song helps it to shine.

ER's scorecard: 9/10 (only wish the song were longer, it ends too abruptly)

Comment

• Richard listened to you @ER

Source: http://loudwire.com/emigrate-richard...ilent-so-long/

Comment

• YouTube is not cooperating right now, I will have to watch it tomorrow.

Comment

• Yay! YouTube decided to work again! Actually a really good interview. No Rammstein bashing and it is nice to hear them talking about the creative process.

More song reviews to come today, during work breaks. Feeling pretty good today

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post

More song reviews to come today, during work breaks. Feeling pretty good today
                              Waiting for them

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                Waiting for them
                                Do I sense the sarcasm smiley?

Comment

Working...
                                X