No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I could understand, there was nothing new.

It was freer than with Rammstein. He is still in awe of the Lemmy track and how it came about. Peaches turned up loaded with health food. They talked about the cd in a strip-clup, were RZK felt a bit out of place, since everyone were drinking, and he doesn't drink, and would rather be with his new daughter.
    Last edited by The Rose; 12-18-2014, 10:34 PM. Reason: showing off my language skills

Comment

• Not much new indeed. I can add a few thing, the rest I already heard. And tbh, he speaks at a quite normal speed, if I compare with other Germans I know !

• Richard met the other guy when they were “lost” in NY, when Richard wanted sth beyond the closed world of Rammstein
      • The motörhead track started as an acoustic thing, the band worked on it, which lead to a mixture of Motörhead and Depeche Mode, which gave Richard the idea to contact Lemmy. And that how he wants to work: not writing songs for someone, but writing and after that he’ll see who to adress for that and how to produce it. The same with the Manson track: it was kind of finished when Richard realized Manson should actually sing it.
      • Richard doesn’t like strip clubs and says he doesn’t understand why the concept works. He doesn’t drink or like the atmosphere so he quickly gets bored .
      • Peaches wanted to know them as people before agreeing ons inging so they spend a day, talking about all kinds of stuff (like “Rohkost”). And it appears she not only liked but also found it important that they were people eating healthy food .
      • It was hard to get it all into one organic album. The songs were good, but together it was chaos. In a way they still managed to get one real "album".
      Last edited by Waidmann; 12-18-2014, 11:03 PM. Reason: I brag even more with my skills. Wuha!
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^Thanks, thanks, thanks You are angels

One more question, he mentions Martin L. Gore, what is he saying? (I'm a DM fan)

Comment

• The song Lemmy sings, started out as a mix of Motorhead and Depeche Mode, and they could have offered it to Martin, and it would have taken a different route.

Comment

• One of these days I need to do a track by track review. I've listened to the album probably hundreds of times since I got it (thanks 12 hour car trip x2), and can probably give pretty solid impressions.

I know many of you won't really care much, but it would be interesting to hear the same from you Waidmann...see where our impressions are different.

Comment

• I listened to it enough times to confidently assert that I can't bring myself to give a single flying rancid fuck about Emigrate.
              Last edited by Snake; 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                One of these days I need to do a track by track review. I've listened to the album probably hundreds of times since I got it (thanks 12 hour car trip x2), and can probably give pretty solid impressions.

I know many of you won't really care much, but it would be interesting to hear the same from you Waidmann...see where our impressions are different.
                That would be nice, perhaps we could learn something from it - except Snake of course.

Comment

• x2 I would love it, and maybe listen to it one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                    except Snake of course.
                    I think it's better to ignore him, when he writes stuff like that.

Comment

• Ok, I will put it together over the weekend, and everyone but Snake can read it.

Comment

Ok, I will put it together over the weekend, and everyone but Snake can read it.
                        xD He will read it, I'm sure he is very interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          xD He will read it, I'm sure he is very interested.
                          Of course he will, he admitted listening to the CD, so he'll read about as well

Comment

One of these days I need to do a track by track review. I've listened to the album probably hundreds of times since I got it (thanks 12 hour car trip x2), and can probably give pretty solid impressions.

I like reviews and I too would want to read one of yours! I'll write one tomorrow or in the beginning of next week, and I'll gladly hear what you think .
                            Dort wo der Horizont
                            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              I like reviews and I too would want to read one of yours! I'll write one tomorrow or in the beginning of next week, and I'll gladly hear what you think .
                              Yay!

I'll work on it this weekend in between demands from my kids.

Comment

• Great, two reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X