X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    ^I'm over 200 by now. The new breed that only posts one post then change their profile are even more annoying, as it takes longer to put them on ignore

@Maya, have you heard from Snake or External yet?

edit: its 273 to be precise + those Maya removed before I logged on
    Once I ban them you can remove them from your ignore list. I talked to External fifteen days ago...

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^I'm over 200 by now. The new breed that only posts one post then change their profile are even more annoying, as it takes longer to put them on ignore

@Maya, have you heard from Snake or External yet?

edit: its 273 to be precise + those Maya removed before I logged on
    Last edited by The Rose; 02-12-2017, 06:42 PM. Reason: I looked it up

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    ^ I remove them when I log in

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    I stopped reporting the spammers about a week ago and instead just put them on my ignore list, so they would disappear from the overview. There are now 47 on that list!
    You've probably reached twice that amount by now. It's like the online version of those people that start talking to you at the mall trying to sell something or make you contribute to some kind of cause.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I don't know how many users I ban in a day, I log in when I can but sometimes a minute after they are back.

I'll ask Snake for some help.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    I stopped reporting the spammers about a week ago and instead just put them on my ignore list, so they would disappear from the overview. There are now 47 on that list!

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    I hope External can find a solution soon, I don't know how many Spam messages I removed today....
    Not even half of what you'll have to remove now, I think... Seems like no other moderator cares enough to do it anymore (or maybe even to visit this place). This place might go south very quickly if it's only up to you, Maya. Maybe you should contact one of the other mods or administrators to back you up once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    I don't think we are actually being spammed, it would appear we are being attacked quite specifically. Come on Snake, who have you pissed off?
    Actually, who hasn't he pissed off........
    It's probably Russian hackers *wink*
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 01-17-2017, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Indeed it's been worse lately! I guess many of you also got some weird messages in our inboxes we shouldn't open. The procedure of inscription should indeed be somewhat more difficult. There've been weird ones too or just guys here outa get some people, but at least they had a purpose and posted a bit normal. These commercial bots intervene a bit much and indeed I have been missing several posts too because of that

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    I don't think we are actually being spammed, it would appear we are being attacked quite specifically. Come on Snake, who have you pissed off?
    xDDDDD He is a bad boy

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven
    replied
    I have been thinking lately that for a forum with relatively few currently active members we do get a lot of these posts. Who are these morons trying to reach?

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I hope External can find a solution soon, I don't know how many Spam messages I removed today....

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurSander
    replied
    Maybe ad some mods too, so we have them taken down sooner.
    Or we find the forums they discuss their spamming business and spam them with Rammstein!

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    started a topic Enough already!

Enough already!

Lately we have seen an extreme amount of spam-posts. Would it not be possible to change the way people can sign-up to the forum?

A 12-24 hour waiting period before people can post in the forum
    or:
    Answer a randomly chosen Rammstein-related question before they are approved (I've seen this in other non-R+ fora)
    or:
    Picture-recognition, where 6 pictures pop-up and you have to mark all with flowers or such things, but this only deny spam-bots.

I think the problem here are real people, spamming with pre-written posts, so the last wont work here.

But it's getting real annoying, and sometimes we have to scroll through 20 posts to find a genuine, and sometimes miss it all together, and Maya can't be her 24/7 to clean up

Working...
X