May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May

It's The May bank holiday here in the UK today. So, to anyone else out there on the forum also having a Bank holiday, Happy Day Off!

I never heard about such event, but have a great time today.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

May bank holiday ..... first new.

Next week in Madrid they work less hours for Saint Isidro... but they don't have extra holidays.

Comment

Not off here. Our next big day of is Memorial Day, the unofficial start to summer, which is May 25th.

But enjoy your day off! Government sanctioned days off are always lovely

Comment

I'm waiting for 15th May, Saint Isidro, Madrid city's patron saint.

Comment

Walpurgis day? In Spain it's Labor day

The Walpurgis will call you....

Comment

^No bank holiday here in Belgium; Germany has the Walpurgisnight as well I know (from april 30th to may the 1st).
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

May Day is "sort of" a holiday here, but not a bank holiday. Some places have parades and stuff, but I always seem to hear about it afterwards. I suppose in terms of actual next holiday that's celebrated here is Cinco de Mayo. Though for most Americans that is just another excuse for loads of alcohol...much like St Patrick's Day.

And Mother's Day is Sunday.

May has a lot going on...graduations most places during this month as well.

Comment

I love this month in terms of holidays, it Begins with Labor Day, 2nd is Community of Madrid's Day, the first sunday of the month is Mother's Day and on 15th is Saint Isidro. But my allergy always makes me feel bad.... So it is not so good.

Comment

Working...
                  X