what are you wearing right now?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    I complain about you once in a while, you complain about everything constantly. I don't think someone who's doing something occasionally is the same as someone who does it all the time. That's like seeing an occasional canabis smoker no different from a junkie. Lousy argument. So no, I can't see in what way you are right.
    But I also come more frequently to this place than you do. Our complaining is merely proportional to the amount of time we spend on this pit.

Besides, I always immediately give reasons / arguments why I think something, which makes my complaints more into a critical review. You mostly choose to leave the reasons unmentioned (I have to drag them out of you almost everytime I disagree) and reduce your post to the mere malcontent. That makes it more "bitching", don't you think?
    I could write wall of texts with mathmatical proofs to prove my argument, but people prefer to read short messages over long ones. So I prefer to cut to the chase. And it works, since judging from other users reactions, they actually get to read what I write, and I even trigger emotional reactions from my peers. That is something that many professional writes can only dream of achieving.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Hmmm.
      Well, today I'm wearing a pair of black jeans and a nice jumper.

Comment

Oh, and I was wearing white trainers again, but I took them off ealier.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
          But I also come more frequently to this place than you do. Our complaining is merely proportional to the amount of time we spend on this pit.

I could write wall of texts with mathmatical proofs to prove my argument, but people prefer to read short messages over long ones. So I prefer to cut to the chase. And it works, since judging from other users reactions, they actually get to read what I write, and I even trigger emotional reactions from my peers. That is something that many professional writes can only dream of achieving.
          Complaining proportional to the amount we visit this place? Nonsense. There are persons who are way more often here than either you or me, but choose to keep their silence. To complain is a choice. I don't complain even half of my visits here (you can easily check my posts to find proof), I more often speculate about the future and the legacy of the band. You surely complain in more than half of your visits. So it's just untrue about the proportions.

You can always PM me your mathematical proof, because frankly, I'm not buying it. I searched through lots of your posts and if you're remotely right, it must be about things years before I even arrived. If you're referring to that long gone period also, there's a small change you're right. But I'm quite convinced you're mistaking.
          Of course if you post mere bad reviews, you trigger many reactions. It's what today's media is all about. It's just a cheap shocking trick, nothing to be proud of to me.

But in the end, I don't say you have to care about anything I say here.
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Complaining proportional to the amount we visit this place? Nonsense. There are persons who are way more often here than either you or me, but choose to keep their silence. To complain is a choice. I don't complain even half of my visits here (you can easily check my posts to find proof), I more often speculate about the future and the legacy of the band. You surely complain in more than half of your visits. So it's just untrue about the proportions.
            Well, neither to I. There are plenty of times I visit and I don't say anything negative. Lately I've even being much more positive, by praising things like Breaking Bad or South Park. Additionally, our current flamewar didn't even started out off of any of my bitching; you were the one that wanted to pick it up.

You can always PM me your mathematical proof, because frankly, I'm not buying it. I searched through lots of your posts and if you're remotely right, it must be about things years before I even arrived. If you're referring to that long gone period also, there's a small change you're right. But I'm quite convinced you're mistaking.
            Of course if you post mere bad reviews, you trigger many reactions. It's what today's media is all about. It's just a cheap shocking trick, nothing to be proud of to me.
            You can dig out one of my first threads in this forum, where I provide my thesis regarding the suckness of LIFAD, for instance. And bad reviews are not cheap if they come from the heart.

But in the end, I don't say you have to care about anything I say here.
            There are users in this pit that actually like to watch our flamewars, so both in their interest and also in the quality of somebody who wants to keep this forum alive, I dedicate some of my time to reply to you. To the amusing of our peers, and for the good sake of the forum.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
              Hmmm.
              Well, today I'm wearing a pair of black jeans and a nice jumper.
              Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
              Oh, and I was wearing white trainers again, but I took them off ealier.
              O! Are we actually doing that? I thought this was the Snake vs. Waidmann thread. ((We should totally have one!)) And yes, there are those who enjoy watching the two of you fight.

I'm wearing black sweats and a grey tank.

Comment

Well, neither to I. There are plenty of times I visit and I don't say anything negative. Lately I've even being much more positive, by praising things like Breaking Bad or South Park. Additionally, our current flamewar didn't even started out off of any of my bitching; you were the one that wanted to pick it up.
                Well, it actually did start from your complaining, just not in this thread. I never even thought you were going to respond to my little beside-remark. And indeed you often (but not mostly!!!) come here without saying negative stuff (like just for welcoming some newbie), but the overall impression you give is the one who's ready to complain about something. It's easier for you to do that than giving a positive respond to something. Many of your positive comments btw are you just confirming other people's negative remarks .
                Your praising of those two series was indeed a positive refreshment within the darkness of you posts. However, it didn't lack the negativity. You literally admit you're annoying people by converting them to watch those shows.

You can dig out one of my first threads in this forum, where I provide my thesis regarding the suckness of LIFAD, for instance. And bad reviews are not cheap if they come from the heart.
                Yes, I read that and although I didn't agree at all (see my respond to it), I appreciated the effort you made for at least telling why. And that's the whole point to me. It is rare case that you complain about something and actually tell why so. In my belief, if you're going to tear something down, you can show the courtesy to legitimate your opinion, especially if it's on a fan board of the band you're heavily criticizing. But in fact it's not the courtesy aspect alone, it's also about credibility. You often seem like some of those traditionalists who praise the best album of the band and therefore will hate everything from now on as it is not an exact copy of that record. Like nowaday's none of the major magazines will ever like an upcoming album from Metallica, Guns N' Roses or whatever band once made a fantastic cd they're all waiting for again. Too sum up, you lost lots of credibility to me as I could always anticipate that you were not going to like it, and you phrase it in a short post without anything to back up your believes. The rare moments you do so, couldn't tell me otherwise. And so it started to annoy me to read a topic and always you would intervene with some "random" malcontent. And that's a typical emo reaction and that's why I said that. Your mere defending here has told me wrong about your identity, but I can still see and prefectly believe why I was mistaken.

There are users in this pit that actually like to watch our flamewars, so both in their interest and also in the quality of somebody who wants to keep this forum alive, I dedicate some of my time to reply to you. To the amusing of our peers, and for the good sake of the forum.
                Ok. If I'm going too far with this either by my language or behaviour, you can say so (because I'm violating the "stay-on-topic-rule" and probably some others). I don't want to find myself all of a sudden banned from this board. And a flamewar with a moderator is a way of earning that .
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Yes, I read that and although I didn't agree at all (see my respond to it), I appreciated the effort you made for at least telling why. And that's the whole point to me. It is rare case that you complain about something and actually tell why so. In my belief, if you're going to tear something down, you can show the courtesy to legitimate your opinion, especially if it's on a fan board of the band you're heavily criticizing. But in fact it's not the courtesy aspect alone, it's also about credibility. You often seem like some of those traditionalists who praise the best album of the band and therefore will hate everything from now on as it is not an exact copy of that record. Like nowaday's none of the major magazines will ever like an upcoming album from Metallica, Guns N' Roses or whatever band once made a fantastic cd they're all waiting for again. Too sum up, you lost lots of credibility to me as I could always anticipate that you were not going to like it, and you phrase it in a short post without anything to back up your believes. The rare moments you do so, couldn't tell me otherwise. And so it started to annoy me to read a topic and always you would intervene with some "random" malcontent. And that's a typical emo reaction and that's why I said that. Your mere defending here has told me wrong about your identity, but I can still see and prefectly believe why I was mistaken.

Most of the bitching that I do is related to LIFAD, which I had already explained in that same thread, so there was no need to constantly explain myself. You never saw me bitching much about any other album, and tha is because I can accept any of those much better than LIFAD. Furthermore, I also express my negativity by endorsing other negative yet justified posts. One such example was when Art in Heaven expressed his concern about what is going to be the next live DVD. And like I already said, people prefer short and succint posts over elaborated ones. As for as credibility, anyone who really pays attention to me, will know that I actually have some of it, since I manage 2 fan sites at the same time (with their respective facebook pages). And I actually do a decent job,properly separating my opinions as a fan from my work as an admin. So there it is my credibility.

And there was at least one time when I actually praised the band, back in late 2011.

Ok. If I'm going too far with this either by my language or behaviour, you can say so (because I'm violating the "stay-on-topic-rule" and probably some others). I don't want to find myself all of a sudden banned from this board. And a flamewar with a moderator is a way of earning that .
                  That only adds to my credibility: I am able to engage in a flamewar without needing to resort to my demi-god powers. And trust me, I was involved in flamewars way worse than ours, and I managed to keep away my potential for destruction.
                  Last edited by Snake; 01-20-2014, 03:04 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Oh come now, I'm sure that IRL Snake is a soft-spoken push-over who needs this forum to vent his inner demon to maintain that kittenish personae

@EmeraldRose: I've guessed your FB-ID too from your answer to Snake's question here

Comment

Sure, the only reason why I am not a mass murderer is because I vent my rage over the internet.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                        Oh come now, I'm sure that IRL Snake is a soft-spoken push-over who needs this forum to vent his inner demon to maintain that kittenish personae

@EmeraldRose: I've guessed your FB-ID too from your answer to Snake's question here
                        Crap. Fine. You people just friend me on there and get it over with. :P

Sure, the only reason why I am not a mass murderer is because I vent my rage over the internet.
                        Makes perfect sense. Glad we are helping out your community with our being the subjects of your rage.

Comment

Aren't you?

Comment

@ Maya-

Comment

^Yeah, that would be wise, since I'm a huge sociopath capable of disembowelling anyone who doesn't agree with me about the state of the band. Children and women, beware.
                              Why not a mass murderer, too?

Comment

^Would we really want to be complicit in knowing that information though? Also, I really do think we should have a Snake vs Waidmann thread. We could have all our amusement in one place.

Or still spread it across three different threads. That's fun too

Comment

Working...
                                X