Your name on the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your name on the forum

It's a thing I've been wondering about for some time. Why do people pick a certain name for the board? Why is "Snake" Snake? Why "Emerald Rose", "Maya", etc.

My name here is Waidmann, just because I wanted to have a strong cool name. I really like the word, being somewhat archaic too. And at the time I took the name I was in my first year of work and used this song, just like Benzin, as a powerful song to get me started in the morning. Waidmann's Hail! has a lot of energy and that motivated me really, even if it was juste while I was riding the bike to work in the rain of heavy wind.

So, what's your story?
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Because of a rose-tattoo some people called me Rose or Rosie, and I started to use that name on some fora. So when I started here I decided to resurrect that name, to keep it apart from the name I use on photo-fora and groups.

Comment

My name is Sander, I'm a dude.

Comment

EmeraldRose has been my default user name since the first forum I signed up on....13 or 14 years ago. Basically favorite gem/color and favorite flower. Pretty much used it everywhere else since. Unless it’s a thing where someone else got there before me. I really dislike having to use a different name if I sign up to new things. Doesn’t feel right. Also often use the name for video game characters.

I found out a few years after I started using it that it’s the name of a band somewhere, when somebody on that other forum asked me if I was in that band. I’d like to say it was mine first but it probably wasn’t

Comment

3 words: metal gear solid
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Thx for replying so far, people!

EmeraldRose : Haven't heard you in a while; special thanks to you for answering

Snake : Wow, never guessed that actually.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Mine it's easy, I think I posted here somewhere.

My name is Amaya and I have suffered "La abeja Maya" (Maya the Bee) since I was a little child, everybody loved to sing the song for me, I remember other children around me singing it, and I was a very shy girl so I didn't like it. Even when I began to work they sang it for me when I solved something (The song says something like there is no problem Maya can't solve...) so they thought it was appropriate ... I could be giving examples forever, so summary: I hated it.

When I came to the forum, everything was changing and it was like a new beginning, so I began to use it, I was over it.

PD: haven't answered before, because I hate writing long posts on the mobile, the orthographic corrector, you know

Comment

Wow, that's actually a great story behind it, Maya ! Thanks for sharing.

I'm beginning to feel like my reason was actually quite superficial , compared to that of others
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Cardona - My last name
                  Racing - I race sprint cars at my local race track (Cardona Racing is also the name of my race team)
                  18 - My race car number
                  Last edited by CardonaRacing18; 11-11-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I'm a big Mike Oldfield fan and I have been since I was 14. I've used the Name Art in Heaven for years, ever since I was at a concert that he did in Berlin on the eve of the millennium that was called Art in Heaven.
                    My actual name is Mark.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but as I have not been active for awhile I thought I would join in....of course my user name is pretty self explanatory, as I have been a fan pretty much since Herzeleid first came out and loved Richard since I first saw him I like to think I am RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN still loving the band still loving Richard and that's not going to change. Just a shame due to lack of money I have not been able to see them on the current tour.
                      The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Welcome back. How are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                          Welcome back. How are you doing?
                          Hi there, I am good thanks, yes it's been a long time, how are you? Have you been to see the band on this tour, unfortunately my finances have not allowed me to see them but watched a concert on You Tube over and over that was recorded in Moscow, loving the new album although very different and the new stage show is great ☺
                          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Working...
                          X