No announcement yet.

The dating thread ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet the rule has contributed to its untimely demise. I've never seen such rule on any of the forums I was on.
    Die Rammstein Akten.
    The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
    http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
      Ja, too bad, I wanted to see your beautiful face ! Many people are shy or afraid they will be recognised. I used to be the same but with twitter and facebook the computer isn't as anonymous as it used to be. Another forum which no longer exists broke me out of my shell. If someone didn't post their pic within 3 months she would ban them. That got me to post a pic.

My profiles don't show much..... And 99,9% of my friends know me. I would have left that forum.

Comment

Actually the forum ran a good 10 years.
        A wonderful Dutch girl ran it. She had the photo rule to prevent trolling and to make sure you really wanted to be there. It is hard to treat people like crap when you lose being anonymous. No one ever posted a fake photo. The site wasn't huge but everyone on it was close to quite a few people on the board. I keep in touch with almost everyone from that board. There was some bickering on it, just girl stuff. I tried to stay out of it. The reason the forum broke down was because only a handful of us posted at the end and we were all on either facebook or twitter, so the administrator figuired why bother with a board when we FB and tweet each other all the time. I have never met anyone on any other message forum where the friendship has lasted and been as true as that board. I know it is possible though.

Comment

^Yeah, but the rule still killed it, eventually.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

No one ever posted a fake photo.
            That's something you can't know.

She had the photo rule to prevent trolling and to make sure you really wanted to be there.
            I love being here, but if that rule applies you'll never see me again. I don't think anybody would doubt I want to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
              ^Yeah, but the rule still killed it, eventually.
              That rule had Nothing to do why it ended. The administrator went through a real bad circumstance. Her personality changed a lot because of the circumstances of her situation. Kind of like how the man who runs herzeleid isn't on the board anymore and lost his love for R+, that is what happened to her and this band. Nothing lasts forever.

Comment

^Why not pass the tourch to somebody else?

BTW, the man who rules herzeleid stopped updating it out of a disagreement with the band's management, not because of loss of passion.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  That's something you can't know.

I love being here, but if that rule applies you'll never see me again. I don't think anybody would doubt I want to be here.
                  The message forum I am talking about had two sections a slightly public forum that members could read and if you didn't post a picture and post in 90 days without a good reason you would be deleted and a private one that only the diehards could read. The private one is where we discussed real intimate stuff.
                  Anyone who lasted in our forum and posted a picture did not post a fake one. Every member of the board had met at least one other member or skyped them. Personally I met many members at concerts or they were in my city or I was in their city. We all got that close.

I understand that isn't normal or common, obviously I go with the flow.
                  I have that type of personality that I believe people should be who they are on online message forums and not pretend to be one way when they are really another. Forums aren't like Sims or a video game, at least to me they are not.

I think the same way about online dating. So many pretend to be someone else when I meet them in person I was like WTF. I am not saying they should be perfect, and I understand everyone has flaws, personally I feel their profile should match who they are. For example this one guy's screen name was something like Sportsaholic, he had a picture from 20 years ago, lied about his age boasted he had all this fitness equipment and worked out all the time and made fun of girls he had met who were not in shape. This guy was 50, about 300 lbs or more and hadn't worked out in at least 5 years. He was so quick to make fun of other people's physical appearances and said whatever he thought would get him laid.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    ^Why not pass the tourch to somebody else?

BTW, the man who rules herzeleid stopped updating it out of a disagreement with the band's management, not because of loss of passion.
                    Actually she offered to let anyone clone the site. No one really had the time and knowledge to do it. Most of all we felt another board wouldn't be the same board without her. Better to burn out than to fade away.
                    I understand why the guy from the other site stopped. I was using it as an example of how life changes us. My friend didn't just lose her passion for the band, she had something life altering happen that some people never recover from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                      The message forum I am talking about had two sections a slightly public forum that members could read and if you didn't post a picture and post in 90 days without a good reason you would be deleted and a private one that only the diehards could read. The private one is where we discussed real intimate stuff.
                      Anyone who lasted in our forum and posted a picture did not post a fake one. Every member of the board had met at least one other member or skyped them. Personally I met many members at concerts or they were in my city or I was in their city. We all got that close.

I understand that isn't normal or common, obviously I go with the flow.
                      I have that type of personality that I believe people should be who they are on online message forums and not pretend to be one way when they are really another. Forums aren't like Sims or a video game, at least to me they are not.

I think the same way about online dating. So many pretend to be someone else when I meet them in person I was like WTF. I am not saying they should be perfect, and I understand everyone has flaws, personally I feel their profile should match who they are. For example this one guy's screen name was something like Sportsaholic, he had a picture from 20 years ago, lied about his age boasted he had all this fitness equipment and worked out all the time and made fun of girls he had met who were not in shape. This guy was 50, about 300 lbs or more and hadn't worked out in at least 5 years. He was so quick to make fun of other people's physical appearances and said whatever he thought would get him laid.
                      Not my type of forum then, I visited a similar one recently and didn't like it at all.

Many people lies about themselves, it's easier not saying anything than lying. And others love trolling...

I think I would feel very unconfortable dating online ...I even don't see The need, it would be very violent for me. But that's me.

Comment

• A forum without trolls is no forum at all.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• The best have the Iberian Troll....

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                            Not my type of forum then, I visited a similar one recently and didn't like it at all.

Many people lies about themselves, it's easier not saying anything than lying. And others love trolling...

I think I would feel very unconfortable dating online ...I even don't see The need, it would be very violent for me. But that's me.
                            I think for me when I think of a troll, I think of a person who is always negative, always trying to bully everyone and someone who tries to start fights all the time.
                            I don't like dating online either. I gave it a go. I just don't have luck with guys and attract the wrong ones. Some people have great sucess.
                            Some guy from my past started texting me, but their wasn't a spark before. I think he wants to try a relationship with me now because he met whack jobs like himself mostly. He is way to possessive for me.

Comment

• Source:http://www.facebook.com/groups/17869...1496347558320/

You won't find that problem here xD
                              Last edited by Maya; 05-25-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• That is how I feel about music. I get ticked if the guy doesn't like R+, Flogging Molly, Motley Crue, HIM, 69 Eyes or at least one 80s hair bands.
                                Ugh this guy is texting me. He lives at home with his parents, doesn't have a car and works under the table so he has $ and prolly so he doesn't pay have to pay child support. I'm so tempted to ask him what he does for his kid. He was whining he didn't have anyone to go to the concert with. This guy is so insecure and pretty much was in love with me after hangin out with me 3 times. He was heartbroken when I said I just wanted to be friends. I ended up buying him everything on his third meeting. We met at a Shinedown concert and he followed me around like a lost puppy dog and spit everytime he talked. Really gross.

Comment

Working...
                                X