X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by KatesterLizbrat View Post

Is anyone besides me avoiding Shades of Grey on purpose? I swear everyone I run across has read or is reading it. I'd much rather listen to a Rammstein song if I need to be entertained in that fashion. lol!
    I'm with you on that one. Everyone is reading it, and that somehow demotivates (is that a word?) me to read it as well. It's hard to say why...

Leave a comment:

• grover
    replied
    I've actually never heard of the 50 shades until a week ago when three of my friends simultaneously were reading them I don't even know what they're about hahaha :')

Leave a comment:

• KatesterLizbrat
    replied
    Haha! Having tots around the house makes it near impossible for quality reading time. I have 1 toddler and can't keep up. Congrats Saar on the baby on the way! When I have time I'm currently reading "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a bio on Bret Hart (the wrestler) called "Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling" and "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. I already have 3 more titles in line and started 2 other bios (Michael J. Fox and Chris Jericho) which I concluded I will never finish. Never enough time...

Is anyone besides me avoiding Shades of Grey on purpose? I swear everyone I run across has read or is reading it. I'd much rather listen to a Rammstein song if I need to be entertained in that fashion. lol!

Leave a comment:

• firefightingamerikan
    replied
    Firefighter's Handbook: Essentials of Firefighting and Emergecy Response (New York Edition) is what I'm supposed to be reading. I'll be reading the back of my eyelids in about 20 minutes though.

Leave a comment:

• RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN
    replied
    Oh thats so exciting, do let us know when you hear what you are having, maybe in the Whats on your mind thread Do you have a preference ?

Leave a comment:

• Saar
    replied
    @RBF: I'm due for Decembre 5th or 7th. Later today we have an echo and hopefully we will know if it's a boy or a girl.
    @Grover: I have the same problem: I keep buying books and keep lending books from the library, but not much time to read. I travel 20 hours with the train in a week for my work, so I catch up for a bit then.

Leave a comment:

• grover
    replied
    I'm a bookwurm too Right now I'm reading the First Rider's Call (from Kristen Britains Green Rider series) but since a few months I just can't find the focus to really read, unfortunately, so things go a little slow when it comes to reading I have a huge pile of books "to read" because I keep buying them :')

Leave a comment:

• RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Saar View Post
    Ow, what an interessting thread! I'm a big bookwurm myself. I think I have about 100 books at home and I have a to-read-list which containes about 2000 titles. I used to work in a public library for a couple of years, so that was heaven for me.

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami, Stephen King and of a lot of fantasy writers too.

Querrently I'm reading the first part of 'Fifty shades of grey', but with a full time job, college and a baby on the way, I don't read that many like I wanted to. I have to make time for it.
    Ah, i am going to go off topic for a bit now but will go back later

A baby on the way that is brilliant, when is it due, i have a 8 month grand daughter so really interested in babies

Leave a comment:

• Saar
    replied
    Ow, what an interessting thread! I'm a big bookwurm myself. I think I have about 100 books at home and I have a to-read-list which containes about 2000 titles. I used to work in a public library for a couple of years, so that was heaven for me.

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami, Stephen King and of a lot of fantasy writers too.

Querrently I'm reading the first part of 'Fifty shades of grey', but with a full time job, college and a baby on the way, I don't read that many like I wanted to. I have to make time for it.

Leave a comment:

• Iroto-chan
    replied
    "Der Ruf der Goettin" by Grigol Robakindse

Leave a comment:

• Edelweiss
    replied
    Cheaper than a nutella crepe. (When I was in London a nutella crepe was £4)Hope you are enjoying your weekend !

Leave a comment:

• rammsteingirl527
    replied
    Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
    ^ that sucks you couldn't make it, hopefully today. It is difficult not having a car when it rains and you are walking. It rained in London when I was there and I ducked in and out of stores and went to eat when it was raining.
    Hell, they're 2€ xD So freaking cheap :')

Leave a comment:

• Edelweiss
    replied
    P.S. I tried to edit the post but it wouldn't save. I have no idea why. I am currently reading 50 Shades of Freed. I read the first two already.

Leave a comment:

• Edelweiss
    replied
    I wish it were raining here. Please take this hot weather. I love English weather in Feb it was 30 F and wonderful to walk around in that temp. Here it gets below 0 F in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven
    replied
    Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
    ^ that sucks you couldn't make it, hopefully today. It is difficult not having a car when it rains and you are walking. It rained in London when I was there and I ducked in and out of stores and went to eat when it was raining.

It's STILL raining

Leave a comment:

Working...
X