Leave a comment:

• candy
    replied
    i ma reading 50 shades of grey

Leave a comment:

• cannibal_wotsit
    replied
    Usually the book is better than the flm.....:rollseyes:
    Reading Schindler's list at the moment, haven't got far enough yet to see if it is an exception to the rule, although I can definitely say its easier to watch the film. However, easier isn't always better.

Leave a comment:

• rosemarie
    replied
    I currently read "Anna Karenina".

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    I'm currently reading Frankie Boyle's 'Eat! Consume!, Die!'
    I really like Frankie Boyle and I've thought about reading this book of him as well. Could you tell me what you think of it when you're ready?

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven
    replied
    I'm currently reading Frankie Boyle's 'Eat! Consume!, Die!'

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^For me it's one of the better books I've ever read.

Leave a comment:

• RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by clarita123 View Post
    I am reading Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina".
    I have recently seen the film but not read the book, is it worth the read ?

Leave a comment:

• clarita123
    replied
    I am reading Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina".

Leave a comment:

• cannibal_wotsit
    replied
    Read the first part of "Fifty shades of grey" to find out what all the fuss was about. What a load of shit it turned out to be but each one to their own I guess.

Leave a comment:

• rammsteingirl527
    replied
    I am reading nothing at the moment...unless you count my Süddeutsche Zeitung Rammstein magazine x)

Leave a comment:

• Saar
    replied
    I think my readinglist counts now around 2000 books I bought a few of them and read a lot of it too, but it's still very long. I've worked for years in a public library and then you start to make lists of what you want to read.

@RBF: oh, I thought it was something like that. This time it sure is manic with all the vacations. About 'shades': it has it's lows and its highs.

Leave a comment:

• RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Saar View Post
    Sorry for going of topic but do you work in a museum or something like that?
    Its no problem i will go back on topic in a minute I work at a leisure centre and swimming pool, i work in reception, that is why i have to work weird shifts and also alternate weekends I like my job most of the time but get so tired this time of the year as its manic

Read the 1st four chapters of `shades` last night, i was told its slow going at first but to keep going, i have heard some brilliant reports and some bad so the only way to judge is to read it myself, having said that it is like anything we are all individuals and some will love it and some hate it. I will give my opinion when i have finished it

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by grover View Post
    Saar, you've just pointed out the reason I've stopped reading in Dutch alltogether. The translations are so annoying sometimes
    Amen to that. I read Catcher in The Rye in Dutch. The translation didn't spoil it (it usually doesn't for me), but it's often very "Hollandisch", which sometimes works quite estranging (and yeah, I suppose sometimes even irritating for me).

@ Jorge: I know what you mean. I've even already in my young age had the tragic insight that I'll probably never get old enough to read all the books I want to (I practically want to read half of the canonized western books).

As what I'm now reading: just finished Voltaire's Candide. It's a nice read but quite old-fashioned; it's good it doesn't last much longer than 100 pages. So I started a much more recent book, namely Sebald's Austerlitz. It starts off well, I guess. Quite confrontating too read about Belgium for me .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X