Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I’m ok! Still have my job! Oh god this stress is going to kill me. I really hope they are done with this massacre now. Another 700 people getting fired.
    Glad you still have your job and I hope you can relax now. That mut be a pretty big place you're working for when they lay off so many people over the last year.

Otherwise I hope you're well, and family and pets, I miss seeing pictures of Engel and the cats

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post

Glad you still have your job and I hope you can relax now. That mut be a pretty big place you're working for when they lay off so many people over the last year.

Otherwise I hope you're well, and family and pets, I miss seeing pictures of Engel and the cats
      I work for a major US healthcare company. We have more employees than many cities have residents. At one count there were upwards of 60k employees company wide. We have several thousands in my line of business alone and 150 other people (at the moment) who do the same job I do. 50 of those are losing their jobs this round.

I need to post some new pictures, definitely. The boys are all growing up so fast! I have stepped back a lot from online stuff. Just too much chaos with work over the past year and the past 6 months have been true hell.

Maybe I should start making stuff again. It helped with all the stress for awhile and then one day I just stopped. Several things on progress I just never finished...

I should be able to relax a little for a few weeks at least and try to get back on track. Don’t know if there will be another round of layoffs in April, but it is a very real possibility. Just going to try and get thru one day at a time for now.

Comment

• Friday I joined the vessel i'll be sailing on until June. Three hours after joining I was already in the main engine, yesterday one of our auxiliaries was broken and today the other one had a cooling water leakage. Seems like i'll have a couple of busy months.

Comment

• Better busy than bored. Hope you're going somewhere warm.

Comment

• Oh well, today we had a blackout 30 miles off Gibraltar Strait. Our fire suppression system decided our main engine needed a shower, haha.
            Was a first for me, it's quite the adrenaline rush when you run to the control room in a pitch black engine room while water is coming down.

Comment

• Glad you got it sorted out. Not a job for me

Comment

• I overworked about 60 hours in the last month only but that seems like nothing compared to the rush and pressure some of you seem to have been through
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• It’’s ok though. I figure I am always going to worry about money, it’’s just part of my anxiety thing. Taking next week off because the kids are all on break and I don’t want to go insane trying to work while they are stuck inside going crazy because we still a ton of snow.

I plan on playing lots of Witcher 3 when I can get the PS away from them
                  Last edited by EmeraldRose; 03-07-2018, 12:47 AM. Reason: Autocorrect removed the punctuation, stupid autocorrect

Comment

• Ouch, 60 hours overtime sounds bad. About two weeks ago we went to Tarragona (ES), then one week at anchor near Gibraltar. Now we're going to Marseille and after that I think we're going to Rotterdam(NL)

Comment

• Just realised, the one good thing about R+ is not touring this year: In Denmark all use of fire and pyrotechnichs has been forbidden at the Copenhell Festival, because of the drought .I cannot really imagine a R+ cncert without at least some?

Comment

• So, how are you doing? Holidays ?

Comment

• ^I'm i The Netherlands at the moment, just planning to go to Maastricht tomorrow to visit the Bonnefantenmuseum. Back to Copenhagen Wednesday, and the to Prague in October.
                          And you?

Comment

• So, I went to the Bonnenfantenmuseum in Maastricht today, lots of great art, old and modern, but not much Till, only two poems.I did manage to spend three hours there any way, and could have spent more, but felt 'out-arted' by then. Very nice museum, I'll visit next time I'm in Maastricht.

I'll post the poems, when I've had a chance to look at my pictures.

Comment

• Great plans The Rose !!!! Hope you are having fun.

My holidays´ll start on Wednesday but I'll stay in Madrid, so not very interesting .P

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                                So, I went to the Bonnenfantenmuseum in Maastricht today, lots of great art, old and modern, but not much Till, only two poems.I did manage to spend three hours there any way, and could have spent more, but felt 'out-arted' by then. Very nice museum, I'll visit next time I'm in Maastricht.

I'll post the poems, when I've had a chance to look at my pictures.
                                Waiting for those poems

Comment

Working...
                                X