Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
    Welcome back, ER. Always great to have you around.
    Thanks Snake! I really am glad I’m back. Like I said I’ve really missed you guys. Not planning to drop out of sight again soon (I hope) just need to get through the insane amount of work panic and it should be good.

Besides, somebody needs to keep the Snake poking stick handy.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 11-02-2017, 05:13 AM. Reason: There’s no way I’ve been on here 4 years already. Who’s in charge of the calendar here?!?

Comment

• ^The snake poking stick isn't as necessary nowadays as it used to be, though.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Don’t tell me the Troll is mellowing out in his old age?

Comment

• Something like that
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• The troll is usually silent.

@ER I have a lot of work too, so I'm not here as much as before, but I continue visiting

Comment

• Work has been extra stressful with layoffs every quarter this year. Just had the most recent round and fortunately I was not on the block this time. It’s been a few weeks of sheer terror and several panic attacks, and lots of loud music, wine, and video games to get thru it, but hopefully there won’t be anymore until after the first of the year.

So, any thoughts on what games I should ask Santa for? I’ve finished a second play thru of th Witcher 3 and expansions, and I’m back to Skyrim again. What looks good out there right now?

Comment

• ^I know the stress of lay-offs. I survived two before volunteering for the third round, best thing I ever did. I cannot help with the games, I never play any, I read a lot of books to_read_smiley

Tomorrow I go to the village on the North Sea coast where my sister lives. My niece is turning 18 on Wednesday, it seems only last week I kept ringing my sister to hear if she was in labour yet, the little on was nine days late. I'll stay for a week, and hopefully it'll be weather for some long walks along the sea.

Comment

• Well I'm quite into Wolfenstein 2 at the moment and Call of Duty WW2, but if you're into the Witcher and Skyrim I think they may not be for you. The TellTale Walking Dead series is pretty good. My son is a major fan of the new Assassins Creed game so you c could give that a look. He also enjoyed Life is Strange. If you want a bit of music to relax to I can't recommend Once Human enough!

Comment

• EmeraldRose seDo you like Star Wars Battlefront? The second will be out on 17th and Assassins Creed Origins seems to be very good (great one AiH), I want both, I have just started The witcher 3, have you read the books?
                    haven't heard of Wolfenstein.....

The Rose Have fun with your family!!!! Time goes by very fast. Good luck with the weather, here it's getting colder, it was weird wearing t-shirts in November, without needing a jacket..

Comment

• The Rose yeah this was the 4th round and the first to directly impact me. Well, 2nd. We lost a few leaders on an earlier round. The problem is that I really do like my job and I still want to move up in the company. The massive layoffs kind of don’t lend towards upward movement though. Have a great time with your family! You aren’t kidding about how the time goes....my ‘baby’ turns 7 on Thursday and somehow I’ve acquired a teenager.
                      Art in Heaven I played th first assassins creed on the pc until I got fed up with the issues related to trying to play a game my computer just couldn’t handle. We have several others for Wii U and PS4 that the kids play but I just haven’t gotten into them much. I saw Wolfenstein is coming out...might take a look. I haven’t heard of Once Human, but I’m really listening to a lot of Ghost recently. Broke down and got another album earlier today.
                      Maya I haven’t played it but we have it for the kids. They keep trying to get me to play with them. It isnt like I lack for games. I can play Fallout 4 again, Skyrim, Diablo, and there’s always more gameplay on the Witcher. I have read and love the first 3 Witcher books and I’m hoping for the rest from Santa (I will probably just get them for myself one of these days). I never played the first 2 games and won’t be able to since they were never made for PS4 but it was awesome to really get the start of the back story! It filled in soooooo many holes when I read them. I love Geralt as a character and the gameplay is very good.

My nephew was playing something over the summer that was like a primitive human society but they were fighting robot dinosaurs with high tec weapons? Can’t remember what it was called but it looked like something I’d play.

Comment

• ^Go play any hitman game or any Arkham game.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ I will take a look. Won’t be able to get anything for me for awhile so I have time. Have two kid birthdays to buy for first.

The Rose I forgot to mention the reason for my insane layoff anxiety....this round 4th of the year, they fired about 1300 people and more than 1100 took “voluntary retirement.” If the first 3 rounds were anything like this one then there may have been close to 10k people over the course of the year. Not counting those fired for other reasons or those who quit or actually retired. It’s crazy though, the stress is enough that I’m actually on my second migraine this month and it’s been a very long time since I’ve had even more than one in a month.

Ok I’m done with the work stress stuff. Moving on. Why is it so hard to find white nail polish? Nearly out of my old bottle and I need some more. I got what I thought was white but it’s some sort of really shiny, not actually white. It’s a decent polish but not hat I wanted. At least when you get black it’s actually black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                            ^Go play any hitman game or any Arkham game.
                            Oh Hitman yes!

Comment

• ^Have you played the new one?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Just back from a week at my sister. In the meantime -my neighbourhood gangs have managed to kill 3 gang members, one just across the street from me. So it was with some trepidation I walked towards my door and saw 8-9 member standing there and I had to walk between them to get in. One very politely said hello, so I took a chance, said hello back, and asked if he would help me carry my suitcase up to the 5th floor. He did.

Isn't it nice when people dont live up to your worst expectations

Comment

Working...
                                X